• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fate/Fake Legends

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
So, basically, this will be a Quest Log roleplay. It is based on the Nasuverse lore, but anyone who has no idea about the universe can join in any way, since the way we play this you need extremely little to no knowledge of the Nasuverse.

I will release frequent updates with what happens, as well as control side-characters, however, the players will be voting on all major decisions the character makes.

In the roleplay, we will attempt to create the legend of a single Heroic Spirit, and then him being summoned into a Holy Grail War. It will consist of two major parts: The Legend, and the War. In the former, the Heroic Spirit will build his own legend and possibly a whole cycle of legends. Then, once they meet their end, they will be summoned as a Heroic Spirit with all boons and flaws of their new unlife as a Servant. Note that the hero we're making never existed in history to begin with.

First, character creation. Vote in each category:

You are one of the many heroes of legends past. You are...

[ ] A woman.
[ ] A man.

And your name...

[ ] Write-in. (Post suggestions.)

You come from the...

[ ] The Age of the Gods. Ancient times when legends and myths were truth and when magic ruled the world's physics instead of logic. Divine spirits ruled in this time and mother Gaia was above humanity who tried to live in peace with it.
- [ ] Era of Creation. From 6000BC to 4004BC. The levels of mystery are still high. Seeing a Phantasmal Creature is about as exciting as seeing a rabbit; it doesn't happen that often but it's common enough to be called natural occurrence. The levels of myth are large. "Invent sin itself," kinds of large. At the beginning of this era, Adam and Eve committed the original sin.
- [ ] Antediluvian period. From 4004BC to 2348BC. The levels of mystery are, once again, rather tall and in supply. A Phantasmal Species representative is a bit rarer, usually, they live in special places away from civilization. The levels of myth are still big. "Outrun the sun," kind of big. At the end of this period is when Gilgamesh lived. Protohistory.
- [ ] Ancient times. From 2348BC to the 600AD. The Age of the Gods is slowly fading away, magic replaced by logic and science, Gods replaced by common sense. Legends and Heroic Spirits slowly become weaker and so do their myths.
[ ] The Modern Age. The sophisticated times where mankind dominates and rules. Science rules the world's physics instead of magic. Humans rule in this time and Alaya is above nature that tries to survive but slowly fades away.
- [ ] Picking up at 5th century to the 15th century, the Medieval era. Mystery, magecraft, and other such things are rare, but in the earlier-to-middle periods, still, present throughout the planet albeit rarely.
- [ ] Early modern times. Roughly from the 15th century to the 18th century. The time of rebirth and renaissance. Most mystery and myth fade away and are replaced by more grounded, yet primitive and impotent magi still trying to retain the ancient status.
- [ ] Modern times. From the 18th century to today. The time of rapid growth and scientific progress, with many new machines replacing the old magical artifacts and clunky swords being replaced by futuristic radiation weaponry in the later days.

In your time, you were a...

[ ] Potent lord or politician of high power. Perhaps a king in the late Age of the Gods, or a president in the Modern times. Regardless, the person is a factor in the politics of some kind of civilization.
[ ] The descendant of a lineage of magi. A potent sorcerer capable of deeds of True Magic in the Age of the Gods, or perhaps simple, but notable magecraft in the Modern Age.
[ ] A warrior at the side of an army. Perhaps you were the sword-bearing lieutenant of a Chinese warlord, or one of the soldiers in ancient Mesopotamian armies under king Gilgamesh, raiding the surrounding lands for many treasures.
[ ] Write-in. Suggest a function.

(More details depending on what players choose.)

Alteras Alteras LostHaven LostHaven Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Rin Nyx Rin Nyx Archdemon Archdemon Kylesar1 Kylesar1
(Invited some seasoned Nasuverse veterans and some new faces that might learn about this wonderful, depressing, grim universe.)

I have no idea what the Nasuverse is but I'll roll along anyways.

1. Male

2. Sun Tzu

3. Ancient Times ((Basically when the Greeks were around or the time of strife for the Chinese))

4. Great General, author of The Art Of War. Etc...

There my piece be done, I think. No idea what I'm really allowed to do.
We're creating a hero similar to what you had in mind, but completely from SCRATCH.
Imagine our own, little, personal, imaginary legend of King Arthur, but without the Arthur and maybe without the King.

We're creating a hero similar to what you had in mind, but completely from SCRATCH.
Imagine our own, little, personal, imaginary legend of King Arthur, but without the Arthur and maybe without the King.

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!! So like say a legendary figure in history that we get to create?

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!! So like say a legendary figure in history that we get to create?
Yeah, basically that.

You get to vote his name, and then we'll begin his life and all. Depending on the Era you choose, it might start off with him being a simple war hero or slaying a massive dragon.

Also, regarding any terminology like "Phantasmal Species" you can either use google, or ask me for a short, precise explanation. Don't be afraid to shoot straight.

Well I'll shoot, what is it?
Phantasmal Species is a broad term for the "supernatural" creatures you see in legends. There exist a few subcategories. The magical beasts; like chimeras, dragons, unicorns, pegasi, or demons. The demi-humans; like minotaurs, fairies, centaurs, giants, werewolves (but not demigods.) And then there is the Transcendent Kind, who are agents of Gaia itself. Since I know you'll ask, I will quickly explain Gaia too.

Gaia is basically the force of the planet. It's a semi-sentient pseudo-intelligent magical force that commands nature itself and protects the planet and its natural inhabitants from harm (although not humanity.)

In the Age of the Gods, Gaia had a smaller piece of it called Alaya. Alaya was similar to Gaia but it focused SOLELY on humans, as they were special or somethin'. Either way, as the Age of the Gods slowly faded, Alaya "detatched" itself from Gaia and became a separate force. In the late 21st century, Alaya is rumored to slowly but surely be growing stronger than Gaia.

Also, adjust your vote! Also, I'll make the thread in a second.

Can I assume we'll be having a separate voting thread?
Nah, the Questing Roleplays are usually waaay too simple for any kind of separate threads. The only real IC action is in updates posted by the GM that contain the actions and repercussions of choices made by the players, as well as further choices. It usually works like this:

1. GM provides choices in the update to the adventure.
  2. Players vote.
  3. Voting is concluded and GM counts votes.
  4. According to the most popular voting choices, he writes an update that contains said choices and their repercussions.
  5. GM provides choices in the update to the adventure.
  6. Players vote.
  7. ...
  8. Repeat.

Nah, the Questing Roleplays are usually waaay too simple for any kind of separate threads. The only real IC action is in updates posted by the GM that contain the actions and repercussions of choices made by the players, as well as further choices. It usually works like this:

1. GM provides choices in the update to the adventure.
  2. Players vote.
  3. Voting is concluded and GM counts votes.
  4. According to the most popular voting choices, he writes an update that contains said choices and their repercussions.
  5. GM provides choices in the update to the adventure.
  6. Players vote.
  7. ...
  8. Repeat.
Ok

so this is kinda like Call of Cthulhu without the sanity bar and dice. xD

or basically D&D without dice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back