• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Eldritch Code - Echoes of a Dissonant Elegy

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

LostHaven

Error 404: Heaven not found.
Roleplay Type(s)
It appears such that Fate has decided to pass the mantle of 'Master' unto you, fortunate - or, perhaps, unfortunate magus.

There is little room for explanation, and hence I shall briefly summarize to the best of my ability; the very foundation of Humanity is now in dire peril. I'm certain that you know of the fabled Grail Wars; ritual slaughters with the objective of reaching the Root at its heart, conjuring forth heroes of ages long passed in a bloodbath.

The Greater Grail has been born once more.

A cabal of magi, dubbed 'House Ansiel', seeking the Grail's limitless power has seen to it that it is constructed once more to usher calamity unto the world - and calamity it did bring forth. Within it festers an Evil of Humanity; Beast VI of Calamity, and it seems that Humanity's self-preservation system has taken effect, and the result of it, is you. Under normal circumstances, a servant of the Grand status would have been called forth to combat the Evil of Humanity, but ill fortune would have it that all seven vessels within which the Grand Servants reside have all been already filled long ago. Hence, seven seven servants of classes unbound by the Holy Grail's laws have been brought forth in a final gambit against the ultimate creature of ruination; Shielder, Gunner, Avenger, Alter-Ego, Foreigner, Gatekeeper and Saver.

Should you accept this noble calling, I, Ruler, Innocent III, will await your presence at Vatican City.

divider.png

Standing within the pristine walls of the Sistine Chapel were the recipients of a peculiar letter, one signed by a 'Ruler', proclaiming himself as Pope Innocent III. Greeting them was an admittedly ordinary-looking man clad in white clothes and light pieces of armour and some form of decorative gold emblem. Be it the glasses, or the utter plainness of his face, the man certainly gave little in the way of showing any sort of dignity nor aura of a powerful Pope. However, what was undeniable were the tattoos embedded into the back of both his hands; innumerable command seals that served as a symbol of his authority over the fourteen servants of this Grail War, and proof of his status as Ruler.

'Ruler' adjusted his glasses as his eyes glazed over the arrivals; while it wasn't clear how educated a Pope would be mathematics, it didn't exactly take a genius to realize that the number of Masters present was far less than seven.

Ruler had kept them waiting for long enough, though. Slowly, the man brought a fist up to his mouth, clearing his throat and indicating to those present to silence themselves. "I extend my gratitude to you masters who have answered my urgent summons," Ruler exclaimed, lips furling into an apologetic frown. "And I apologise that such heavy burden has fallen unto your shoulders," he added.

"As I have explained in my letter, we face a crisis unbeknownst to the world. Your burden is a thankless one, and yet the very future of humanity rests upon it. I will skip the long and winded explanations for now; at this present moment, it is of utter urgency that you summon forth your servants. Please, do not mind for formalities; I ask of you to begin your summoning rituals immediately. Should you be unsure of the ritual, I shall guide you through the process to the best of my ability, and should you be in need of a Catalyst, the Vatican will provide one to the best of their capability."

Last edited:
Mikhail Wren
Lowering his gaze from admiring the elaborate painted ceiling to look at the Ruler Mikhail smirked. "No need for apologies, just to be invited into this hallowed place is almost payment enough." While he was exaggerating a fair bit if looks could kill the glowering of the Church officials that had been forced to allow several mages into the Vatican would have engulfed him in righteous flames several times over, still he much preferred the payment he had extracted from the Association to get involved in this mess on their behalf even if he suspected all of them hoped it would be the end of him.

Setting up a workspace he reeled off a varied list of items he claimed to be interested in evaluating as possible catalysts; a preserved fragment from a celtic druid's staff, a dragon's scale, a renaissance period paintbrush and the head of stake used for execution in Ancient Greece. He naturally intended to only use one to actually summon his Servant yet just knowing the Church could provide them was a valuable insight into the extent of their collection of 'unholy' curios.

Feeling that the staff fragment was most likely to summon a capable yet stable Servant he drew out his summoning circle and placed it in the centre leaving the rejects nearby, as he closed his eyes to concentrate on the incantation all the other three catalysts began to glow along with the intended one. "Let silver and steel be the essence. Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation. Let the echo of your deeds guide my steps. Let you who once saw strife past witness the present conflict. Let us together perceive the path to the future victory. From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, Protector of the Balance!"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Alter-Ego

They felt the pull, calling them forth from the bleak, endless stasis that was the Throne of Heroes. Tugging at their frozen consciousnesses, beckoning to come down to earth, to walk the world once more. The descent was slow, inexorable. From the immobile heaven above, skimming the edge of the sea of stars, under the crimson glare of the moon, beholding the ultimate radiance of the sun in a timeless instant... and then the fall, sudden, irresistible. The voice of a mage, the power behind the words, hooking into the hallowed flesh and bringing it down from the heavens. Three sigils of vermilion, burning and imprinted into their mind... They entered the circle... and there was conflict.

Green flames, hateful and seething with a desire for revenge, threatening to disturb the order they were given, the nature they had been assigned. Red flames roiling, impregnated with sadness and remorse, etching a desire for salvation into themselves, into the shape of a great dragon, drawn in by a faint promise of redemption. Storm clouds, silently circling, teeming with arcane power, driven by the will to further their craft of damnation, seeking order by mastering chaos. Gray ink, seeping from an untold beneath, shining with the glint of oil, beautiful and poisonous all the same, lodging itself into every nook and cranny, seeking naught but freedom and the ability to wander forth. The vengeful flame was smothered, imprisoned in frozen ink and sealed by dark curses, yet not truly extinguished, for its rage was truly boundless. It would be prison enough, they decided. And thus, they merged, edges of the one welded into a bond with the other. It was not perfection, not truly whole, but there was a soul there, a something of its own. It pushed against the last barrier.

I pushed against the veil of reality. The world awaited on the other side. I could still feel them reeling, in the bones of my mind, unstable after their descent from the throne. They were me, and I was them... but also not truly. They were me, they made up my essence, and they still dwelled within... But they were not me, not fully. I had grown beyond being a compound of them. I was, ever so slightly, more than the sum of them. I was also no more than a mask, worn by each of them at every turn. It would be their smiles and their tears passing through me, shown to the world. But... I was, just enough for those smiles and those tears to be mine as well. I'd do my best not to disappoint my Master. I was not a true Servant like those who made the parts of me, but I would do my best regardless.

The summoning circle thrummed with power as the magus sang his verse, calling forth a soul from the throne of heroes. The writ glowed red, a dark red edged with black and sickly green, power leaking out like a broken chemical waste container, sizzling as it slowly poured out. There was a flash of light, a rumbling of thunder, and a hand burst through the circle, reaching for an absent sky. Fingers long and thin, pale as ivory, grasping empty air to get ahold of reality. The body that followed was slender, clad in black and little else, strangely inhuman, eerily incomplete. Only the face was truly definite, white and frail with sickening grey eyes, lined up by dark hair. The servant was not wholly formed, but it could already serve.

I was standing in front of a man, a redhead with a fancy suit and a nice hat. I felt a smile creep up my face. It would definitely be a most interesting Holy Grail War if my Master was a looker. Well... No need to delay introductions any longer. I called out to him cheerfully, and my voice sounded neither truly male nor female to my ears, but definitely leaning more on the female side. So... I was more of a woman for now, I guessed ? Eh, not that it was really important for now.

"We have heard your call, and we became one to answer it. I am the irregular Servant, Alter-Ego. Are you my Master ?"

1619879424629.png

IG42 IG42

E5OrVnt.png

LOVINA PEREZ
interacting with : IG42 IG42 , Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

After the pope’s short, but seemingly endless talk, Lovina gave a low, formal bow. As if the shab looking pope had her utmost respect. The woman, dressed in a suit, steadied herself back up. Her face was barren of any give-away emotions, but her hands drew fists at her side. Gazing away from the pope, she analyzed the first to talk. She didn’t like him immediately, albeit not for anything that he had done yet. It was the same reason she couldn’t stand the pope or the other masters here.

“Suck up,” she stated without any vice to her voice. Lovina walked past the others, taking a random catalyst that the Vatican provided. If she thought it would work, she would have used a stick to summon her servant instead, hoping that whoever she got had a sense of humor.

Miss Perez wasn’t the most informed of how this all worked. And, despite the pope reaching out to the ignorant, she refused to ask for or accept help. Instead, she walked to a far corner. While slowly marking up the ‘prestigious’ floor, she closely listened to the summonings of the other masters. Mainly, the purple-haired person who didn’t speak until she was ready to chant. In masked and personally gross awe, she eyed as the summoning circle started to glow. As the heat grew the magical ‘woah’ melted away; and for the first time since she got here, a look of distaste came upon her face.

Lovina slipped off her suit jacket to help with the temperature. After loosening her tie a little, she peeled her hands out of her gloves. With a toss of her removed clothing aside, the redhead placed the catalyst down. Time to summon, she guessed. In her own half-paraphrased, half-improvised way, she began;
“Let silver and steel be the essence. Let stone and the Archduke of Contracts be the foundation. Let’s raise a wall against the wind; let the four cardinal gates close, let the road to the kingdom rotate. I shall entrust my fate to your weapon, so entrust your rage with me. Together we’ll get vengeance, so annihilate the ring of restraint, and come forth.”

The circle would burst into a pillar of golden light. It was as if the gate to the heavens had been opened by the machinations of this Ruler Class Servant. Yet all the same, a call was heard. Within the Throne of Heroes, a spirit floated in eternity. It had waited long for its chance to obtain its hearts desires. Among the sea of Heroic Spirits who eagerly awaited their chance to battle for their wish. The one who had heard the call was quick to notice how it was worded. It would appear as if they were to be called by a most interesting Master. Seizing the opportunity presented to them. The formless being surged forth from the Throne, throwing all caution to the wind.

Twisting in on itself before bursting into a gathering of colorful lights. All that was left in place of the pillar was a rather tall figure. At six foot five with an athletic build that would make an Olympian envious. The figure had dirty blond hair that covered his eye. Brushing said hair aside revealed a pair of blue orbs the color of sapphires. Adorned in what appeared to be some kind of ceramic armor. It made next to no sound as the stranger turned, betraying its supposed heft. Appearing to quietly observe their surroundings for a few moments. They would eventually focus their eyes on the magus with red hair. A soft smile crept across his lips as he walked toward her, his feet making no sound upon the ground. Placing his hand upon his heart and bowing his head ever slightly to the young woman. He spoke with a voice that was both gentle and charming.

"From the depths of the darkest void, I heard your call for retribution. I am the Avenger...... are you my Master?"

L3n L3n

Jackson Coalson

Jack was overhead with this. He decided to see where the letter sent to h of course lead. He of course did no think Sistine Chapel with a strange bunch of people with magical abilities. Jack knew how to some tricks with fire but what these people were doing to... summon(?) a person from out of nowhere was something else entirely. Combine that with apparently something is threatening the world that he with the others were supposed to stop, this was definitely the strangest day Jack ever had.

"Yeah... I will need help to... do the summoning?" Jack said unsure if he could even do it or if the pope(?) could actually help him do it. Either Jack pulled out the strange trio of items he was sent with the letter.

LostHaven LostHaven

Ruler
Sistine Chapel

The first to answer the call was a female servant; Alter-Ego, the many-but-one. An amalgam of Heroic Spirits that should have been, by all means, an utterly impossible existence. However, any interest Ruler had in the newly-summoned servant was immediatelg snatched away by the flashy show of golden lights irradiating off another master's summoning circle.

However, directly contrasting the almost divine spyre of light that had erupted from the circle, what stood at its centre was something utterly unholy - the creature gave off such a vile aura that its very presence and breath tainted these holy grounds. Ruler's lips curled into a faint smile, though he did little to address Avenger. How amusing, that fate would select this creature, forsaken by god, to be among the seven to bring salvation upon this fragile little world.

The next to pull Ruler's attention was a master; Jackson Coalson. Ruler merely smiled as Jackson informed him of his inability to understand and perform the summoning ritual. Approaching the man, Ruler reached into his sleeve and somehow produced a stick of chalk. "While it's called a 'ritual', it is really little more than a 'performance'. The procedure isn't as intricate or strict as one would imagine. The only necessary component is the circle," Ruler explained whilst he drew the summoning circle into the ground himself. "All you need to do is place the catalyst into the centre of the circle, and call forth to your servant. While there is a traditional chant spoken, I'm certain your servant will answer as long as your words are filled with sincerety."

ChazGhost ChazGhost

Jackson Coalson

"I see... Thank you" Jack said still not sure about all of this but was still grateful for not having to draw the complicated circle. Jack stepped forward and placed the three seemingly random items he was sent with the letter: a sunstone, a black feather, and an arrow. Jack then looked to other "masters" who already did their summoning and tried to remembered what they said for there's.

"Okay, here we go... Let silver and steel be the essence... Let the rock of the archduke contracts be the paper for our contracts... Damn, that's not right...Okay, whoever you are or where I ask you come here now and help me along with the others to stop impending doom..." Jack said before pausing looking at the items he placed down. "...Let your wings fly us forward to victory and a brighter future?" Jack stated no fully sure if this would work but hoped it would. "...Did I do it right?" Jack asked himself.

LostHaven LostHaven Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Gunner
ChazGhost ChazGhost LostHaven LostHaven

A yellow pillar erupted from the circle, the intense yellow energy soon turned to orange, as the temperature in the room went up by 40 degrees.
The pillar then shrunk and compressed into a figure. It was humanoid with wings, and after the light concealing its identity vanished, the servant revealed herself.
She had raven black hair and blue eyes, her clothes were black, to match her hair and feathered wings. She also had on black boots and black leggings. A strange weapon was on her right arm, which covered the lower half of it.

She pointed the weapon at Jack, but with no intent to kill. She asked the man, a simple question. "Are you my master?"​

Jen Yuligrad

Jen was stone faced and quiet as she looked around. The church had some quite impressive intelligence if they found her. Though, a job she wasn't getting paid for... that was a first. She was amazed she was even let in, she had killed more than a few of high ranking church members in her jobs. Even then, a grail war.... her grandparents had told her about it. But is it need for this amount of desperation. Sighing aloud she calmly took from a wooden box an old black chess piece carved from ivory. It was the quickest thing she could find on short notice. Walking over and placing the ivory chess piece into the the center of the circle. She activated the summoning ritual. "Oh warriors of past ages, Arise and serve thy duty...... We have a job to do. and we will do it right" She said giving up halfway on the chant taught to her by her grandparents, all that really mattered was the need behind the words to summon the servant after all.

Shielder

I was hearing a voice. It was not friendly, but it was not hostile either. Not really disdainful, but certainly uncaring. It talked to me as I awaited to enter God's domain, here in the nothingness. I knew not whose voice it was, or if it was merely my own mind, but I despised it. It spoke words of abandon, of pointlessness. I refused to listen, but the whisper remained, writhing its way into my ears, into the back of my mind.

I did not even know where I was. I could see everything save myself, but... There was nothing to see. I felt myself walking, but saw no ground when looking down. Only blackness, and a texture of smooth stone. There was nothing around either, and the atmosphere felt like an echo chamber, thick and oppressive. Only above was there some source of light - and even then, the stars that shone were barely enough to allow me to see past the next step to take.

I felt lost.

I felt lonely.

I felt cold.

Every step I took made ripples, small shining rings fading away as they spread. Every touch of my feet echoed on the cold floor like a muted piano note. There was no end, no way ahead, no way back, nothing to the sides, nor above or below. I could only walk, voidwards. I just wanted it to end. So long... I lost track of how long I walked. It felt like ages were spent between every step, and it felt like I could walk a thousand miles in the span of a single second. It was neither Heaven nor Hell, only a bleak, dreary limbo in between. I thought that I had walked past the end of the world, and that I had no way to return. I wanted to cry, but I could not. Only silence, and solitude.

Then there was light.

A bright, luminescent gate, shining on the horizon. Immense, towering over all of everything like the will of God. I looked into the light and heard it call to me. It was not a sweet voice, nor even a gentle one. But it spoke words whose truth rang in my bones. I had to come. I had to pass through the light. I walked towards the light. It felt strange. I could feel my steps, I could hear my heart beat. I ran, desperately. I was coming closer. I was coming closer. I would be able to go through. Finally. Freedom, whatever awaits on the other side.

I stopped at the threshold, and looked at the starlit heavens. Thank you, Lord, for releasing me from this darkness.

I stepped into the light and everything went white-

Speak to me, all you voices of doom, and tell me of fate and the sacrifice of this life. Speak to me, all ye heralds of carnage and grant me insight on who I am. Give me the name... Shielder. Speak to me, all the harbingers of endings, and let me tread the grounds of earth once more. For my Master. For the Lord. But not for the Holy Grail. Speak, and hear me. I am Constantinia Dragasès, and I have been summoned.

- This was the Sistine Chapel. I recognized the hallowed walls, the magnificent ceiling. I had come here once, on an official visit with my father. The talks had been terse and tense. The church had not the best relationships with our empire. What I didn't recognize, however, was the entity whom I could feel rulership emanating from. I could feel the chains slithering under its skin, ready to force any Servant to their knees. Yet, it was garbed in priestly robes. Strange. Stranger yet were the other people in the chapel. Humans, most of them, one my Master. She was standing in front of me. Dark-haired, formal clothing... But she seemed so thin. So frail. I'd have to protect her the best I could.

From the other servants in the room, if need be. Three had been called forth already. One I could not bear to look at, despite his inhuman beauty; all I felt was repulsion and a desire to kick his teeth in. The other two were women - one I could make nothing of, and the other one was standing in the middle of a charred ring. These two felt strange. As if they should not have been here - but then neither should I.

It was then I realized I was still on the other side of the veil. I could see my Master, standing in front of a circle, in the middle of which was sitting a black chess piece. Ah. The catalyst, right. I reached at it through the ether -

The chess piece shattered, and a pillar of black stone rose from nothingness, as tall as two men. Light shone on it and the stone melded into the shape of a praying knightess, kneeling and with the hands on the hilt of a sword. Long, black wings were sprouting from the statue's back, but fell to pieces as the stone began to crack, revealing the life underneath. She was tall, but slender. As with many servants, her appearance belied the power lying under the skin. She had long, white hair encircling a stern face adorned with blue-grey eyes. Eyes so tired... Eyes that had seen too much and rested too little. And yet she stood up, her hands still resting on her sword, casting a regal appearance under the most holy firmament of Rome, clad in steel and black leather. She needed no crown for all to know that she had been a monarch. There was no warmth, no flame in her voice when she spoke, but there was ice and there was iron.

"I am Shielder. By the grace of the Lord, I have been chosen to serve you, Master."

fanfoxy-a-angelisereiter.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon LostHaven LostHaven

Jackson Coalson

Jack was surprised that the summoning work... as well as worried as his "servant" appeared with raven wings and pointed a strange gun arm at him. "Yes... I am your master and as your master, I ask you to lower the... megabuster and not point it at me or our allies" Jack asked putting his hand forward slowly to pushed the megabuster arm down slightly. "I am Jackson Coalson but my friends call me Jack" Jack explained calmly. "What is your name?" Jack asked a moment later.

LostHaven LostHaven Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Mikhail Wren
Squinting against the flare of light Mikhail watched a humanoid form take shape within the summoning circle, he felt a touch of relief that he hadn't ended up summoning anything particularly inhuman in form not that that necessarily meant much. Once the glow faded he gave the ghoulishly pale Servant the once-over thinking of possibilities for her True Name which went out the window as soon as they spoke, meeting their grey eyes he returned the smile. "A compound Servant eh?" He glanced at smorgasbord of catalysts wondering if a Servant with such different sources would be stable. "The name's Mikhail Wren, nice to meetcha Alter."

Taking a look at the other Masters going through their summonings he chuckled as one skipped most of the incantation and another flubbed it completely. It seemed that the Holy Grail in it's infinite wisdom had once again picked up some random schmuck to participate, he'd heard some of the mages around the Clock Tower complaining about the odd sorts that ended up as Masters 'some bastard's bastard's bastard who ended up with a flicker of potential' he'd heard some who researched previous Wars call that type.

E5OrVnt.png

LOVINA PEREZ
interacting with : Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Lovina took back her misplaced awe earlier at the ‘furnace’ summoning. Her Servant had flashy and colorful lights, she clearly won. It was so pretty the fancy woman thought she saw heaven for a split second. As soon as she could, she scanned her new partner, accessing him. The air in the room had shifted, she could sense it felt darker. But that just attested to his power, right? Her yellow eyes finally met the Spirits as he started to move. Lovina couldn’t make up her mind whether the good looks were a blessing or just distracting. Having glanced over to Alter-Ego; she guessed most of them looked stunning, which wasn’t fair.

Miss Perez picked up on the sound, or lack of any to be precise, as the Servant walked. Stealthy. They could definitely come up with a use for that. Watching as he bowed, she listened as the stranger spoke. Retribution.. Avenger.. Lovina did well with her chant. She hoped it would catch the eye of someone who might have the same interest. Standing in front of her was the key to her goal.

For the first time since she arrived at the Church, Lovina smiled. Copying his mannerisms, she placed a hand to her heart and lowered her head. She didn’t see him as someone she commanded or ruled over, but more of a soon to be partner in crime. Avenger would get back every ounce of respect he showed her. “Yes. It’s nice to meet you,” her voice was calm, but for once she was lost for words. After looking at him again, she noticed something. With her being a redhead, and him being a blonde, they looked like a McDonalds duo.

“You don’t have to call me ‘Master’ though, unless you’re into that,” she said. It was probably not a comment she should make in a church. “My name's Lovina.”

"You may simply refer to me as Avenger then, Lovina" replied the smiling blonde. He had decided to wait on revealing his True Name once he had noticed the presence of multiple Masters. A needless safety precaution? Perhaps. Taking the slender hand of his Master in his own. Avenger gently brought his lips to the back of it. "I am blessed to have such a beautiful woman as my Master" remarked Avenger as he would inevitably have the attention of certain parties for such an act. It wasn't a lie either. Lovina's red hair, firm body and hollow eyes all appealed to his particular tastes. In his life, he had been known to have taken a lover or three of the Human Race. Avenger honestly blamed his father for making them look so good. Turning his attention from the magus in front of him. Avenger looked over at the other Servants who had been summoned.

A Shielder and an Alter Ego had been called on this occasion. With him filling the role of Avenger. It would appear that this would not be a standard Holy Grail War. Chuckling to himself, he addressed the Servant who needed no introduction. "Tell me Ruler. Why have so many irregularly classed Servants been called to this place. So far I see none of the Seven Classes. Yet I understand that as a Ruler, you should already know many things about this contest in which we are about to partake... am I wrong?" said Avenger as he kept his gaze on the supposed referee designated by the Grail. Avenger wanted as much information as he could gain before he and Lovina were thrust into the bloodbath the usually followed conflict involving Heroic Spirits.

L3n L3n LostHaven LostHaven

Gunner
ChazGhost ChazGhost LostHaven LostHaven

The bird winged Servant tilted her head when her master said Megabuster. Is that what humans called arm cannons these days?
Her master introduced himself as Jackson Coalson, but can go by the name Jack if a friend calls him that.

The girl's arm cannon, or Megabuster as Jackson called it, vanished as the girl put both hands on her skirt before bowing, the skirt raised slightly as she introduced herself like a royal female of old would habe done. "I am the Gunner known as Yatagarasu, the physical incarnation of the sun."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back