• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Brezza Oscura

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind

This is a story of wishes...
A story about heroes...
The story that will finalize tragedy...

A re-enactment of ancient battles, where heroes of legends past come to play part in this new myth.

It is time.

Fate/Brezza Oscura[/CENTER]

Plot:
After the conclusion of the Fifth Holy Grail War in 2004, several of the surviving Masters have set out to completely dismantle the Great Grail with the support of the Lord El-Melloi II due to its discovered corruption by Angra Mainyu. This development went against the Mage Association's plan of reestablishing it, so the two sides fought in the subsequent conflict. What people thought would be the conclusion of the Holy Grail Wars of Fuyuki and dismantlement of the Greater Grail turned out to be the beginning of a new one.

After an agreement was reached, the two sides agreed to hold a Holy Grail War after a relocation of the Grail to Los Angeles in the United States of America, the winner of which could decide whether the Grail should be dismantled or if the Grail War ritual should remain in effect, along with their wish. Shortly after, the corruption was cleansed from the Grail in order to ensure that Angra Mainyu cannot cause destruction again. Skip forward to the year 2017, the Grail accumulated enough magical energy to begin the Holy Grail War, and the Command Seals have started appearing on Masters from all across the world, who are now sought by the Mage Association and informed of their peculiar situation.

What none are aware of, is that after evil was purged from the Grail, a new evil sought to enter the hole left by it. This evil is...

Roles:
Overseer: Birdsie Birdsie
Ruler: Hanarei Hanarei

Master of Saber: Field Marshall Field Marshall
Saber: Godhowsae Godhowsae

Master of Archer: LostHaven LostHaven
Archer: LeSoraAmari LeSoraAmari

Master of Lancer: Dante Verren Dante Verren
Lancer: LostHaven LostHaven

Master of Rider: Hanarei Hanarei
Rider: Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Master of Caster: @Lancelot
Caster: Noxx Hollow Noxx Hollow

Master of Berserker: Noxx Hollow Noxx Hollow
Berserker: Field Marshall Field Marshall

Master of Assassin: DrakeRaids DrakeRaids
Assassin: Xel Xel

A Monster that Slays Heroes. From Abyss it cometh, in Abyss it stayeth.
Rules:

1. I am always right.
  2. When I am wrong, refer to the rule above.
  3. As a Servant, you can be an OC or a Servant seen in previous Fate media. But there are Servants that are banned from use:
    1. Gilgamesh...
    2. Actually, that's about it.
  4. Don't be too overpowered.
  5. Post at least once daily, or I will find you, and I will kill you. I will not tolerate cheap excuses. You're either going to commit, or I will rip your face off. So many good roleplays have died from a lack of activity. I will not let this one die as well!
  6. Be nice.
Information about...

The Overseer: Not much is known about the mysterious figure that will oversee the 6th Holy Grail War. Some clues point toward him not being a member of the Church, and instead being a member of the Mage's Association, but those hints remain unchecked and may not be true. The only things confirmed so far is that he is a first-rate magus with natural prowess and inborn talent in magecraft, from an influential bloodline and that he will be summoning a Ruler-class servant in order to ensure all secrecy and rules are upheld. Some scowl at this and see it as needless to summon a Servant for the Overseer, others suspect foul play at the mystery surrounding the overseer and remain skeptical at why a figure of such talent and power would arrive at a place like this to do something so dubious as looking over a ritual.

The Battleground: The Masters are expected to arrive by July 12th, but official fighting will begin on July 13th. Masters are expected to pay for their own housing, except for the Overseer who will reside in a large villa at Blair Hills. His villa will be a neutral ground where no fighting may take place and where Masters are expected to check in should their Servant perish.

Last edited:

DAY 0
Blair Hills, Los Angeles

Out in the distance, birds were chirping. Children were playing and riding bicycles. The distant ringing of a church bell could be heard.

Los Angeles was a beautiful city.
The fresh grass grew in abundance everywhere save for the balding dark-green and brown hills, on which numerous colorful villas were situated with shining blue pools next to them that reflected the sun's rays. From the window of one such villa, a man with red hair was looking down at the field where two teams clashed against each other in a tense game of competitive baseball.

Samuel looked back to his small, but comfortable room. A neat, large bed with white-blue sheets and pillows. A couple of bookshelves containing ordinary books and mystic lore that he could study whilst the war went on. The most notable feature of the room was the large television screen that spanned the entirety of the wall opposite of the bed. This, coupled with the large space in between them made the whole room look like a miniature cinema. This was the dream of any couple that wanted to spend the evening by watching movies together and cuddling each other to sleep. Not like that would happen, anyway.

"Eh, time to get to work," Samuel said out loud, continuing in his thoughts. 'I should get the calls from arriving Masters any minute now. They are to dial me once today to let me know they've arrived and again tomorrow to let me know of their Servant and their Servant's Class. I doubt they have the trust to tell me the True Name, but it's not like that's a big deal. I'm supposed to Oversee this anyway, right?... yeah... and get rid of any bugs that I happen to see on the way. Though I do wonder what kind of mo--' his chain of thought was interrupted by the flashy noise of his cell phone playing Lady Gaga's song: Bad Romance. He was getting a call. "Oh, it's from the Association." He picked up the call with complete disregard for his poor taste in music.

"This is Nephandi," he stated right off the bat. "Mhm. Ah-hah... Sure... Gotcha..." Samuel replied to the questions and statements of the bureaucrat on the other side with simple sounds of acknowledgment, whilst checking out if his nails and hands looked alright. His face was uninterested and bored, his eyes looking like he was going to fall asleep. He put the phone back in his pocket once the conversation was over.

Birdsie Birdsie Hanarei Hanarei Field Marshall Field Marshall Shioban Shioban LostHaven LostHaven LeSoraAmari LeSoraAmari Dante Verren Dante Verren cojemo cojemo Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Noxx Hollow Noxx Hollow DrakeRaids DrakeRaids Xel Xel JPTheWarrior JPTheWarrior

DAY 0
Time: 13:50
Weather: Sunny and nice
Chances of Slaughterfest: Very High
Death Toll: 0

Radirar Windfallow / Grimoire Necronomicon

'ready?'
"Bring it on."

Raidriar's glare steadied, as he prepared for a fight to the death. 'Focus on his attack patterns, you know them already.' He thought to himself, as he dodged each attack with precision. Not a single second of timing off. "Victory will be mine this day!" He declared to his opponent, as he swung his weapon at them. 'miss.' Every time he attacked, they would dodge Raidriar's blow with ease. "Fuck, this isn't fair at all!" He complained. While his opponent's attacks required everything Raidriar had to dodge, his opponent moved out of his way without even breaking a sweat...

'surivive this, and ill show you my special attack!'

He was flung across the battlefield, as blasters were fired at him... He just needed to survive this, and he'd have won...

He failed... He watched, as the heart on the screen broke in half, and shattered, followed by a 'Game-Over' screen.

"OH MY GOD WHY I WAS SO FUCKING CLOSE!" He complained even louder, as he slammed his laptop screen shut in frustration. "I SWEAR SANS IS THE MOST FUCKING UNFAIR BOSS IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY!!!" Grimoire had convinced Raidriar to take the 'Genocide Route' in this game called Undertale, and Raidriar had agreed. But obviously, nothing useful ever came out of the revenant's mouth. "That's one-hundred and second time you died." Grimoire remarked, mocking Raidriar.
"Oh fuck you, why did I listen to you?"
"To get your 'secret ending' of course!"
"I checked wiki, the only secret ending I get is every pacifist ending getting ruined!"
"I find that alot more ideal than the cheesy ending where everyone is happy."
"Oh my god, I'm going to go take a rest."

Raidriar left his laptop on his table, and went into his living room, muttering about how he should've just played Left 4 Dead, instead of listening to some dumb book. Sat down on his sofa, and looked behind him, outside his apartment window. His apartment block was on the top floor, so it was only strategic to summon an Archer servant. Assassin didn't seem too bad either, but Raidriar didn't like the idea of summoning an Assassin. He looked back at his coffee table, at a stone fragment that was just lying there. He didn't know how Grimoire got his hands on this 'artifact,' as he called it. If he had to guess, Grimoire probably summoned a skeleton or something to steal it for him.
"Welp, let's hope the chant actually works."
"It will. Altering the chants or adding lines can ensure the summoning of a specific class."
"Fine. I drew the circle last night. I think I'll take a walk now. Go fuck off for a while."
Raidriar muttered to himself as he walked out his apartment, took the elevator down and walked out into the streets, probably to get breakfast.

Last edited:
((Somewhere off the cost of Los Angeles, the previous night))

A shimmering moon reflected off the waves near a lonely yacht, far off the coast of Los Angeles. The ship was a fine one, modern, and clean. Just large enough to be comfortable but small enough to create a sense of privacy on it. The flowery title on the side read 'Dawn's Requiem' somewhat of an ostentatious name for sure, but those who could afford such fine ships could afford to also be eccentric.

Only two souls where onboard the vassal though. The ships mistress and captain, and the maidservant who had been ordered to remain in her quarters for the duration of the night, and not to leave no matter what they heard outside.

Honestly, Kiyoshi regretted getting Saya involved in this at all, but she was one of the few people she believed was not acting as eyes and ears for her family. Someone she believed she could trust. And that was something that was rare and valuable these days.

Under the clear and cloudless sky she stood, looking up from her position at the deck, her breath coming in slow, easy waves, matching the gentle rocking of the sea. This was it. This was the point of no return. If she wanted to she could stop right here, go home after making some excuse and no one would ever question it.

She wouldn't have to fight for her life in this bizarre gladiatorial murder-by-proxy disaster party, could walk away from it all. She would probably even be happy. Her life wasn't bad really, she was successful at managing her families investments and money. Incredibly so!

She wanted for nothing.

She could go wherever she wanted.

She had no need to worry about her future.

But would she ever be able to see Seiji smile again? She wondered if he knew. Him and his mother. Peerless mages. Perfect mages. Terrible humans. No. If they knew they didn't figure it out until it was to late, what she had done. Otherwise she wouldn't be here now.

Kiyoshi did her very best to steady her rising panic, pushing her breathing back in time with the oceans waves, keeping her hand steady as she reexamined the runes she had set up upon the deck of the ship for the seventh time that night, ensuring everything was perfect before pulling out a single shell casing and placing it in the center of the circle.

She felt a spray of ocean water at her back, but she wasn't concerned. The runes carved into the deck where flawless. She knew. If she wished for a miracle this was going to be her only chance. She would have to seize the Grail with blooded hands but still she was no killer. She could limit the damages.

Fight in -her- way. She was barely a Mage by any definition but that came with advantages too.

She knew how the world worked outside of their stuffy rules and traditions. But she also knew how those worked too.

She could do this.

Taking on a look of stoic determination the girl smoothed out her professional looking dark dress, and lifted her hand over the summoning circle lit only by the moon and stars. Dark blue eyes briefly reflected those lights as she began to chant-

"Let steel and silver be as thine soul!"

Her voice was calm. Certain.

"Let this earth, the Archduke of contracts, be thine foundation!
Let the winds of the world for around the, and be thine wall!

Let the Gate of the Four Directions be open, and let it close,
Five fold times!
Let the three forked road rotate to lead you here'
Five fold times!

Let the universe witness!
Though your soul and flesh will serve mine own-
-It shall be your fire and iron that bares my fate!

If you would abide by the callings of the Holy Grail, I ask you, come!
Come to me! One who would hold all the virtues of mankind!
Come to me! One who would confront every evil of the world!
Beckoned from the seventh heaven, and bound with the three symbols of power!

Arrive oh hope of deliverance!
Arrive oh keeper of balance!

The shadows may guide you.
The world may forsake you.
But in my service against you, my foes will be as the blind!"

The runes burned. The ship groaned. The world seemed to sudden. A wind had curled around the girl as she spoke these words, whipping her pale brown hair around her as she struggled to stay standing, to keep her focus.

Come to me! She begged wordlessly.

Assassin...

Jiro Komori

"The brilliance of youth, how it is wasted on the foolish." he mumbled to himself before taking a sip of his coffee. He set the coffee back down at the table and glanced around the outdoor seating area of the small shop he was currently visiting. the shop was one of the few places in this city that Jiro had found he liked. It was comparably quite to most of Los Angeles, and it was it seemed to be a popular place for more of the introverted teenagers and other younger people. So far he counted about fifteen people around them, the oldest among them didn't look much older than he was. Good that meant he could possibly find his first target. Going back to his coffee Jiro began to eavesdrop on others conversations, listening for just the right person to attract his hate, then once he had some spare time could begin his hunt.

After a while Jiro grew board and he found no suitable candidates for his hunt. Sighing lightly Jiro rose from his seat and left the shop, tossing the empty cup away as he did so. While he walked out onto the sidewalk the instructions of the church came to mind, He still had a phone call to make. Pulling out his phone from his pocket, he flipped through the phone until he found the contact labeled OS. He hit dial and waited for the call to go through. He had labeled the Overseers number as OS just encase someone who shouldn't have gotten a hold of his phone decided to look through it.

Birdsie Birdsie

Samuel Nephandi
Blair Hills / Villa

Comfortably seated on a puffy couch, reading a book of advanced lore that contained information on how the movements of celestial bodies can affect spirits, Samuel had to stop once he heard his phone ringing. Lady Gaga's Bad Romance played while Samuel struggled to pull the phone out of the left pocket of his tight, black jeans. Finally managing to do it, Samuel took a brief glance to see who it was. One of the masters - Jiro Komori.

There was little information that Samuel's web of spies could pull out about this man. He was as old as Samuel himself. 'He is apparently an expert at some kind of altered projection magecraft; he can weave tools and weapons out of mana. Hm, I envy that. Maybe I should do some research on it?' Samuel thought, making a kind of mental footnote for himself.

Moving the phone close to his ear, with the open book resting on his legs, Samuel picked up the call. "This is Nephandi," he introduced himself in a professional mood.

"Jiro, right? Since you're calling, I trust you've arrived in Los Angeles already. If you hadn't summoned your Servant yet, I'd like to attentively remind you that attempts to tamper with the Grail's delicate system is a fierce violation. If you break the Holy Grail War's rules, we are permitted to strip you of your status as a Master, or potentially execute you if you prove to be a threat, and so on, and so on. As expected, I assume you know the rules. You can always ask me to repeat them at any given time," he said. The overseer's tone was rather suave but casual. He managed to sound professional but without making it seem dull. He gave off that vibe of a person that was really cool and chill but had to put on a formal act due to obligation.

"Remember to call me again once you've summoned your Servant, and inform me of their class. If your Servant perishes but you find yourself to be capable of moving - the Association politely requests you transfer to the address that was given to you, where I currently reside. This neutral ground in my villa on Blair Hills cannot be attacked by any Servant or Master during the Grail War, as that is a violation. If you have any other questions, I am glad to answer them," he gave out further instructions.

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Assassin
As the incantation was woven the winds whipped around the small yacht. With the woman nearing the end the winds took on an unnatural chill, the temperature plummeting rapidly. The freezing gale turned droplets into ice as cold mist descended upon the craft. Before the frigid air could cause any serious discomfort the ritual was complete and all the accumulated energy blast out in all directions, sweeping away the mist as all traces of the cold was replaced by the warm pacific air. What was left in the center of the circle was... nothing. As calm settled over the boat there was just nothing.

At least that was what it would look like until the woman cast her gaze up to the top of the yacht. Standing atop the canopy was a small figure, little more than five feet tall and clad in a large white cloak. The cloak obscured the figure, hiding their face as well as all of their data as a servant. Even the woman that summoned them would be unable to discern any information from the servant.

The servant was clearly looking around, entirely ignoring the woman below. Through the shrouded hood it was obvious that Assassin's head was scanning the horizon in every direction. After a few moments the servant let out a small huff of air before turning it's attention on the woman below as they walked forward to fall to the floor below with a small thud. The shrouded figure made their way to within a few feet of the woman, standing silently for only a few seconds before a rather androgynous voice emanated from beneath the hood. "You are my Master I presume, yes?"

DrakeRaids DrakeRaids

Jiro Komori

Admittedly Jiro was really only partially listening to the Overseer as he did his introduction. Even the overseer sounded bored, most likely he had to do this for all the masters who were to call him, Even Jiro couldn't help but feel a little pity for the man. "Understood"r responded Jiro as Nephandi finished talking. "I was merely doing as requested of me and informing you of my arrival in the city. I will contact you again once m preperation for the event is completled and my guest has arrived." he told the man. "Enjoy the rest of your day Mr. Os." he said blankly before ending the call. You see Jiro was no idiot, he wasn't going to directly talk about the grail in the middle of the streets during the day, that was why he had refereed to it as an event, his servant as a guest, and would continue to do so until he was victorious or dead, preferably the former.

With a silent sigh he slid the phone back into his pocket, guess there really wasn't anything else to do except go "home" and get ready for nigh time. After all he still had that old pendant. The thing had lost it's shine but it was still intact, and he was pretty sure it was connected to the people he wanted to summon. Of course he could be wrong.

Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
Samuel Nephandi
Blair Hills / Villa

Samuel acknowledged Jiro's response and put the phone back in his pocket once they were done talking, returning to his book for a second before looking out the window again, distracted by something.

'I've been researching cosmic balance for the last few days. Apparently, there's been some slightly paranormal weather changes in the local environment. The masses didn't take note yet, but I've been looking into this ever since I got the wind of it... Yes, the wind. The breeze is changing into potent winds. As if earthquakes weren't enough, this area was lately bombarded by sudden rises in atmospheric pressure and paranormal events that I call 'breezes of truth.' The mana exhaled by the planet seems to suddenly become more potent for short periods of time, imbued into the air that grows vigorous and quick. Clearly, such an effect is miraculous. It could only be accomplished by outside influence.' Samuel monologued to himself internally, reminding himself of his secondary objective. 'The question is,' he closed the book on his lap and laid it back onto the shelf he took it from. 'Is it because the Grail was installed here, or was the Grail installed here because of it?'

Samuel stood up from his chair and walked out to the balcony, moving his hand outward to feel the wind clash against it. 'Yes, I've been informed already. There's definitely something magical doing this. And it's sentient. It wants the Grail. It's malicious and outside the system. What could it be, though? A demon? A Heroic Spirit? I guess I'll find out. That's why Ruler is going to be summoned. She will apparently act as an aide to me. I need to get on her good side so we can cooperate and hunt this thing down. What a bizarre wind...' he noted to himself.

Moving away from the railing, he looked back inside the villa and walked down to the basement, constantly wary of Masters possibly calling him.

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Raidriar Windfallow / Grimoire Necronomicon
Raidriar walked down the streets of Los Angeles, holding a sausage and egg McMuffin, back towards his apartment building. Quite frankly, a fancy all-you-can-eat buffet didn't seem quite as appealing to Raidriar today. Most likely because he could tell Grimoire was plotting something. If he had to guess, a slaughterfest tonight at an orphanage, to feed his servants souls. Not that his servant would obey such a command. The nature of the servant Grimoire planned to summon was uuh.... well...
"Honestly Grimoire, shouldn't you have tried to summon a less... chivalric servant? I doubt this 'archer' you plan on summoning will follow your commands." He muttered. Grimoire listened, but gave no reply.

Raidriar sighed heavily, as he opened the door back to his apartment. He dumped a box of hot-cakes and a cup of coffee on the coffe-table. Yes, he had considered buying his servant food. And yes, he did buy his servant food. Even though he doubted his servant would enjoy something as... calorific as McDonald's. He closed all his windows and blinds, as well as pushing his sofa and coffee table aside, revealing a full summoning circle. Raidriar then placed the stone fragment into the centre of the circle, as he held out his hand, with his command seals on the back of it. He began the chant--

"Fill, fill, fill. Heaven's piercing light be the essence of this contract I declare.
The wall that is our might silences the oncoming storm.
The road forks off into infinite destinies, each of them twisting and intertwining.

I swear by my blood-
I shall be the anchor that binds you to this mortal hell,
And you will stand with me through all the pain and sorrow.
Your light shall expel these tendrils that bind us.

Seventh heaven clad in words of power!
If you hear the grail, and give heed to my calls,
then let your aim be true, let your light pierce the heart of our foes.
Equilibirum will be served this day;
appear before me, knight and heroic spirit of the bow, Archer!"

LeSoraAmari LeSoraAmari

Last edited:
Hironaka Kiyoshi

There was a slight sigh of relief from Kiyoshi. She was briefly worried that the Grail would reject her, but it seemed her path was cleared of obesticals. Indeed, the command seals on the back of her hand burned crimson, proof of her right as Master. Her entire posture changed, no longer worried, almost at ease as she shifted back onto the balls of her feet, and let her arms clasp themselves behind her.

"I am indeed. You stand before Hironaka Kiyoshi, Assassin, and I will serve as your master for the duration of this Grail War." Her voice was pleasant, feminine but one used to giving orders and seeing them obeyed. In many ways, all but one, she ran her household after all.

Her face broke into a smile, warm, and a little mischievous, "Would you like to come into my parlor? The war has not yet started so while I applaud your caution, it is unlikely anyone will come for us, this far in the ocean. I have taken every precaution to ensure our secrecy, I assure you, my Assassin."

"Food? Wine? We have much to discuss~"

Xel Xel

Assassin

"Hironaka, huh?" The words where quiet, more a voiced thought than anything else. The figure stood silent as the woman spoke. You could learn much from the way someone spoke and if they were going to be working together then Assassin needed to know what they could. At the mention of her precautions an unseen smile formed beneath the hood. "I promise you, Master, that even without your precautions there would be no one capable of surprising us." The figure turned it's head to look out over the vast ocean in the direction that L.A. was located. After only a moment Assassin turned their focus back to the woman. It was fortunate that their Master seemed decent enough. Although you could only ascertain so much from a minute's interaction.

Nevertheless it was true that they were Master and Servant so there was little need for the amount of secrecy Assassin was displaying. As such the figure brought it's hands up to their hood, pulling it back to reveal their features to the moonlit night. Snow-white hair fluttered out among the wind as a feminine face cast a friendly gaze up at the taller woman. "Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm curious to hear what you have planned. Given the battlefield you surely could have chosen a more suitable servant, so you must have a plan for me." Assassin knew the limited layout of a boat such as this and as such stepped to the side as she spoke, giving way for her Master to lead the way inside.

DrakeRaids DrakeRaids

Kouen had rented out a house for the summer which!Enough the family who owns it are off on vacation. He rented it in a populated neighborhood right across the street from making the most obnoxious and loudest individuals in LA. It would hopefully deter any Masters from attacking this place and conceal his own activities as at best the neighbors would blame the people across the street. Still he had erected his summoning circle in the basement of the house. He had made all the markings by carving them into the floor with his sword which he now held with one hand parallel to the ground like it weighs nothing. He last step he placed a box that seemed to contain some pieces of wood and stone, he placed it upon a makeshift altar.

All he could remember after that was speaking the incantation and suddenly he's up against the wall with smoke filling his basement. After a fit for coughing and waving the smoke away, it was clear his spell might not have gone so smooth. He could see through the smoke a figure standing where the epicenter of the summoning circle he drew should be. It was successful but a rough success, he stood up to see his sword impaled in the wall. He grabbed it converting it to a smaller more travel sized form before approaching the servant he had summoned.

Shioban Shioban

Archer

"Fill, fill, fill. Heaven's piercing light be the essence of this contract I declare.
The wall that is our might silences the oncoming storm.
The road forks off into infinite destinies, each of them twisting and intertwining.
I swear by my blood-
I shall be the anchor that binds you to this mortal hell,
And you will stand with me through all the pain and sorrow.
Your light shall expel these tendrils that bind us.
Seventh heaven clad in words of power!
If you hear the grail, and give heed to my calls,
then let your aim be true, let your light pierce the heart of our foes.
Equilibirum will be served this day;
appear before me, knight and heroic spirit of the bow, Archer!"

A magical energy accumulated into a focal point as the fragment of a mythical table, that of which was searing to the touch, had been placed precisely in the centre of the young mages ritual circle. Upon chanting his poetic words, the wind began to pick up like a frenzy from inside of his apartment complex as the windows all but shattered, glass flying around in a blitz as a brilliant light encompassed the entire room. It was a blinding, yet warm light; a light that of which spoke a thousand words, and depicted a thousand stories of an age since past. It was a light that faded over time, and as the magical energy merely dropped out in one moment, the light revealed the figure of a young man stood centre stage in the ritual circle. The male donned a medieval rangers attire that had phenomenally intricate stitching across its entirety, as well as seemingly being made from fabrics woven with expert precision, and with a skill most definitely lost to the tailors of the modern age.

Archer stood there with one arm at his side and the other across his chest in a salute like motion, a large bow definitely not of this world across his being and secured tightly on his back as his cape covered his face and fluttered about due to the wind that was now seeping through the shattered windows. Taking down his hood, the young boy revealed himself to the man whom of which would be his master. Nodding with a chivalric grin on his face, Archer now rested both hands at his side as he spoke words. His accent making it incredibly easy to depict where he was from."Greetings. I assume you are my Master, yes?"

LostHaven LostHaven

Saber
In the centre of where the summoning circle once was stood Saber, he was a large man in an impressive set of armour, its colour was a dark grey and it had various carvings decorating it.. The armour was light enough so that movement would be fluid and carried out with ease but not too the point where defence would be sacrificed. Alongside the armour is a dark green half-cloak draped around his shoulders, however even with the cloak Sabers weapon is visible, a large greatsword with its handle reaching out over his right shoulder. On Sabers hip was another weapon, this time a shortsword.

The first thing to come out of Sabers mouth was a slight sigh, there was no real meaning behind it, in fact Sabers confident smile that followed it showed that it was not accurate to his mood, he was neither sad or irritated. He pointed to the man in front of him, who Saber had already guessed was responsible for his summon. "Who may you be? Boy?" Saber enquires playfully.

Field Marshall Field Marshall

Raidriar Windfallow / Grimoire Necronomicon
The wind built up in Raidriar's apartment block, and he had to shield his face with his arm. He heard the sounds of his windows shattering, as shards went all over the floor. He was slightly annoyed that all the windows were broken, but that was replaced with awe as a blinding light filled the room, which soon faded, with a man standing in the centre of the circle. Raidriar noticed his clothing- it appeared similar to that of leather or cloth. Normally, for any human, they'd be in awe at the costume, but all it reminded Raidriar of was the noob hunters from WoW, running around with their pets. To be honest, for a heroic spirit such as the one standing before him, Raidriar had been expecting a much more fancier outfit. "Yep. I'm your master, all right." He replied to Archer's question. He thought about leaving his apartment, but then it hit him-- he couldn't just make Archer walk around in such a silly outfit. "Welp, my name's Raidrair. You don't really uh, need to tell me your name though. I think I already have an idea." He gestured Archer to follow him, as he stepped over the toppled-over coffee table and into his bedroom. There, he opened his wardrobe. "Just pick something, and get changed. It's probably going to be a bit big... or small, I have no idea. We'll get you something more comfortable later." Most of Raidrair's clothes was just plain white shirts and jeans. He had an extra black jacket hanging near the side of the wardrobe, and a hoodie with a pentagram at the back.
"I swear, if Archer takes my favourit---" Grimoire began in Raidriar's head. "I don't think he'd want to wear some satanic circle on his back." Raidriar shot back, not realising he was just thinking out loud. "Welp, anyhow, get changed, and we'll get the heck out of here. You sure made one hell of a mess..."
LeSoraAmari LeSoraAmari

Last edited:
Hironaka Kiyoshi

"You're more prideful than I thought you'd be. Or is it just confidence? Hmm." Kiyoshi glanced towards the summoning circle, letting her fingers run through her pale brown hair for a moment before turning across the deck and towards the cabin. There was no condemnation or jeering to her tone, though she remained casual towards her, taking it all in stride. Just an observation.

"Assassin's~ Never do well in the wars do they? Barely ever make it very far. In the few hushed whispers about the Grail War that do escape, your class is painted almost as darkly as the masters that would dare summon it! Dishonorable. Evil."
She turned a little and made another of those smiles as she pushed open a cabin door, and gestured the Servant inside, into the warmth.

"...But I can think of no one better. You will not fight at my side because neither of us should be strike should we? Not unless we do something hilariously wrong. Assassin, I apologize but I am not a master suited for combat and so, I knew that I would need a servant who could operate far from me. Who could be a long reach and whose methods would suit my own temperament."

"But someone like you, who survived and fought in such a terrible war understands. The key to victory is often not strength or endurance, is it?"

"The best way to win a war is never let them know where to shot at you to begin with, would you agree?"
She gave the Assassin a nod at that as the Servant saw the interior of the ship properly. It was spacious, fashionable, and modern. It was in many ways reminiscent of a penthouse suite within a single ship, with a sprawling entertainment system, a good sized kitchen visible between an open counter, with tables and chairs, and even a wine rack, along with a hallway breaking off to offer other rooms, private and general use. Everything was clean and in its place. Everything looked new and lavishly comfortable.

Xel Xel

Ruler

The air was thick with mana in the abandoned church. Sunlight crept through the ruined structure, holes fitting through the smaller sized church having been abandoned years ago after an attempted arson had done quite some damage to it. Its followers had long since left even before it had been lit ablaze. A strange glow emiated near the center of the church as the winds began to blow through, sending dust and soot to sweep across the the long since charred floor. A bright flash filled the church, partially visible even with the light of the sun greatly obscuring its effect. The fizz of electricity vibrated once more in the air as the Mana seemed to settle down as a new figure stood alone within the church.

The woman slowly stood up, her height not seeming to be an inch above 5 feet tall. Her long bangs hung down past her shoulders as her long locks were left up tied by a rather elegant looking yellow piece of fabric in a bun behind her head. Her pale skin seemed flawless as her lips were red, the woman making a puckering motion briefly. A rather ornate yellow silk dress clung to her frame. A rather vibrant golden handled blade sat sheathed behind her back slanted horizontally across her hip. Her head turned back and forth, moving her hands up briefly as if to stretch herself out as she stepped forward.

"So that is what the world managed to evolve into... how fascinating... yet so primitive. A burnt out church as well? The grail seems to have a sense of humor putting a 'goddess' in such a place. I am quite offended it didn't provide me with lavish riches offered by supposed worshipers to greet me on my entrance, how disappointing." She commented a hint of sarcasm being injected in her words. Her eyes closed as she took in a deep breath. She could already feel several servants already, many of the Masters already having handled summoning their servant.

"Ruler? I suppose it would be quite pointless to have someone as talented as myself take part in a war I have nothing I seek to obtain through a pointless wish. None the less, it seems as if there is some entity in which my summoning was deemed worth taxing the grail's energy sources to bring into this world. Perhaps unruly Masters? No... I am doubtful a single ant would be a threat to ruin an entire anthill without killing itself in the process. None the less if I am to serve as a moderator for this child's game, it is only right I ensure they follow the rules. I'm more then certain I'll discover what is causing such a disturbance in no time at all in the process. I'm sure you agree my lady."

She reached down touching the handle of her blade as it seemed to briefly glow a reddish tint before settling down. She lowered her hand as she walked forward, slipping through a crack in the wall to find her way into the outside world. She glanced around curiously, in what appeared to be a more suburban area glancing over noticing the various skyscrapers in the distance. "I suppose a change in clothing would be appropriate." She commented briefly to herself before heading forward looking to find a nice change of clothing to help her blend in easier with the 'modern' world.

Birdsie Birdsie

Assassin

Assassin let out a small laugh at the mention of being prideful. "I apologize, Master, boasting was not my intention." She offered Hiro an apologetic smile as she fell in line behind the other woman. The talk of Assassins went largely in one ear and out the other. Servants were afforded a wide variety of knowledge to ensure they could perform their duty, but knowledge on past wars wasn't part of that. She was about to explain this to her Master when the woman continued on with her explanation. Instead she walked past Hiro into the yacht's cabin, taking in the decor while listening to what her Master had to say. The interior of the yacht wasn't drastically different than ones she had been on, but the changes brought about by time were still obvious.

With the conclusion of her Master's little speech she tore her eyes from the electronics to look back at the other woman, offering her a simple nod in response. "I can't criticize your logic. While it would give me a little more peace of mind to know you could defend yourself it is still reassuring to know you gave it this much thought. I would not be able to fight were I to have my Master at my side, nor would I be able to protect them. Likewise it seems you have a good grasp on the fundamentals." With this she crossed her arms over her chest and gave an approving nod. The more the two of them spoke the more grateful she was to have the young woman as a master. Had she been given a more traditional magus as a master this war may very well have been over before it even started.

After only a brief pause she resumed where she had left off. "So long as you remain undetected I shall deliver the Grail to you. Or give my life trying." She gave a wry smile at that last bit. Her life was not so lacking in value that she would allow it to be lost here. Even Death himself had to wait until she was good and ready, the other servants would have to follow his example. "With that said, Master, do you have any specific plan in mind? Or am I free to act as I see fit?

DrakeRaids DrakeRaids

Saber
Saber looked his master up and down as he displayed the command seals. With the choppy ritual Saber did not have the best impression of his summoner. Oh well, I will see what he is capable of when the time comes. Saber thought to himself.

In response to his summoners questions he began with a simple nod of acknowledgement before speaking. "Yes of course, if you are indeed my master it is my duty to fight and defeat the 6 other spirits and retrieve you the grail." A charming grin spread across Sabers face, showing that despite the circumstances he still looked forward to battle.

After a pause Saber continued speaking. "So Master... If that is what you wish I call you. What shall be our first action?" Saber was keen to test the other servants but that was not his decision to make.

Field Marshall Field Marshall

Samuel Nephandi - Overseer
Blair Hills - Villa // Basement

The basement was what you'd expect from a first-rate magus. Samuel had all of his favorite books moved here. The bookshelves were almost everywhere, in addition to gems, and arcane devices of different designs. Samuel was getting a call again. Lady Gaga's Bad Romance played loudly, so he picked up his phone and placed it in the space between his ear and shoulder, holding it tightly in place with the right side of his head.

The reason for this was because currently, he was looking through the pages of a book of old lore he received as a child. Frankly, he never thought that a book about the characteristics of ancient monsters would be useful. "This is Nephandi," he said to the Association goon on the other side. "Oh, Ruler's been summoned? Excellent. Where is-- what," he paused. His heart skipped a bit. "Don't worry. People will think she's cosplaying," he retorted, calming down. "Okay, fine. I'll pick her up. Also, stop using phones, man." Samuel hung up, sighing with audible irritation and dropping his book onto the nearby table, leaving it open on the 'Mesopotamian Beasts and Curiosities' chapter, showing Humbaba, the guardian of the Cedar Forest defeated by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.

Samuel got in his car, driving to the nearby church where Ruler was supposedly summoned by the Grail. Samuel had a widespread web of familiars, as well as several assistants in the form of spies and muscle. They monitored the city and gave him the information about anything happening, so it was obvious one of them would detect when Ruler made her appearance.

Hanarei Hanarei

Hironaka Kiyoshi

At that comment from Assassin, Kiyoshi laughed. She would have to be careful with her, Assassin seemed the sort to take much of what she said literally. She gave another smile towards the servant before heading over to the wine rack and uncorking a pale bottle. "I know, Assassin. You are the epitome of the dutiful soldier. If we fall it will not be pride that does the you in."

Sparkling pale wine flowed into matching glasses, as she nodded, "Hmm. My precise plan? I have made many, but the are dependent on the precise nature of the developing conflict. Your master may be a terrible fighter but she hopefully won't ever need to! I have the worlds oldest advantage to my name, and that is money."

"I have hired investigators in the city discreetly and through an assumed name. They will be acting as our eyes and ears on the ground. I've also placed several decoy yachts staffed by actors to create a smokescreen when it comes to reaching me. I have likewise purchased and prepared numerous safe houses stocked with tools you may find useful in the modern age."

"I would never seek to replace your rifle, but there are some new things in the development of dealing death that may interest you. Explosives in particular, I have secured a few caches of. With all this preparation though, and despite your skill, I would forbid you eliminating masters immediately and opportunistically."

"We want your precise capabilities hidden for now, in fact-" She grinned incredibly wide, "I have an outfit prepared for you when we encounter other servants. It's going to be amazing. The look on their faces will be -priceless-..." another bout of snickers before continuing. "But yes. I'd rather let the herd thin itself? Find some reasonable masters we can perhaps make a mutually beneficial relationship with. Gather information and prepare for our strike."

"Until your blow is sure to be decisive we must not strike. A war of attrition while, thanks to my resources is feasible but not favorable~ And I will have that wish Assassin. To much is at stack for me to fail. Everything I have... this is all in!"

"Do you have any objections, my Assassin? Feel free to speak freely with me, while I appreciate you discipline I do value your input!" She had yet to touch her drink, so engrossed was she.

Xel Xel

Assassin

She made her way over towards her Master, swiping one of the glasses as she turned to take a seat nearby. She sat there in silence, glass held firmly over her lap as she kept her focus on the woman standing before her. It was quite impressive all the measures her Master had already taken, but it was only natural she supposed. Unlike her, her Master had had a long time to prepare for this event. She knew all too well the benefits of preparation. It's just.. an old adage summed up her thoughts quite well. As her Master finally finished her explanation and asked for her input she turned her gaze down on the glass of wine cupped in her hands. After a few seconds she raised her gaze. "You obviously put a lot of thought into this.. However..." She paused briefly as she got back to her feet, setting the glass of wine on the table as she did.

"War is not so forgiving. Decoys and Safe Houses are intelligent moves, but I can't agree with sitting back and letting our enemies defeat themselves. Just as you desire to forge alliances, so do they. I'm not keen on letting our enemies roam uncontested. Nor am I thrilled at the idea of letting opportunities slip through my fingers. No war is won by a single decisive blow, quite the opposite. The desire for a swift and resolute victory has been the undoing of countless military campaigns. If you want to win the war you either have to strip away your opponent's ability to fight, or their will to fight. So long as they have these you can never achieve victory, no matter how decisive you think your strike is." She offered her Master an apologetic smile as she realized she was going on a bit of a lecture.

"I do agree with your proposal to gather intelligence, however if I see an opportunity to take down one of our enemies I would appreciate the ability to capitalize on it. There is little use for an Assassin that does not assassinate." With her more serious concerns voiced she decided to focus on other aspects of her Master's plans. And so, with a small cough to change gears she continued. "Anyways, as for the other things you mentioned I doubt I will make use of any weapons. Unfortunately I very much doubt anything you have been able to obtain would be very useful against a Servant. I am also curious about this outfit of yours. Is there a reason I can not simply remain in spirit form?"

DrakeRaids DrakeRaids

Ruler

Ruler ventured forward walking out from the church. Her eyes darted around glancing at her surroundings. She really did manage to stick out quite a bit... in some part her own fault being quite flashy with her choice of outfits. She tended to be one who didn't mind flaunting herself out there. She had a bit of an Ego... granted she wasn't the most overbearing with it she knew full well where she stood as far as society went with her intellect and beauty. She didn't consider it egotistic as much as being realistic.

Her eyes darted over noticing as car approached. She looked on stopping where she was quickly able to tell it seemed to be directed towards herself. She crossed her arms looking on as she tilted her head a bit to the side. "Oh? A welcoming committee. I wasn't expecting my needs to be catered to so much. Then again I suppose my very appearance is far from the most time period fitting wardrobe for me to be wandering the streets in. You would figure an aperture such as the Grail would have contingencies in place to avoid its chosen referee from standing out in a crowd... although I suppose my very existence is one of those rare circumstances that aren't typically factor in."

She spoke in part to herself though also allowing her voice to carry out loud enough for the man to hear. Her eyes focused on him watching him giving him a glance over. "You must be the neutral overseer I presume?" She asked the man looking towards him shifting her stance to hold a hand upon her hip.

Birdsie Birdsie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back