• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
With only one letter different between them, it is a little confusing.

You're welcome. I'm easy to confuse on some days (especially when I'm multi-tasking like now. Your characters' statblocks are finished. Yay!). =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Hey, you! If you want Herc to possibly start out with a slightly tricked-out weapon, give me a percentile choice of colors? Like what color you want in the 10s place and in the 1s. You literally have nothing to lose, but you don't have to go for it if you don't want it. It's just a quick option (well, it's a little more than that, but you'll see that in-game).

What say you?

Yes, please. For the HPW-6,
10s = Light blue with white numbers
1s = Dark blue with white numbers

Captain Hesperus

-Cap'n. Okies... *rolls* 39! That's a winner! Grats!

Herc's HPW-6 is now equipped with a fancy infrared scope that allows him to see and fight in the dark and adds a +1 to Strike. Please add this "Infrared Targeting Scope" (that is the name of the item) to Herc's character sheet immediately.

It's funny to me that the tankers are getting the great upgrades, and the veritech pilots are getting the less-cool ones. Can't wait to see if Shirley's roll follows the trend or breaks it!

It's funny to me that the tankers are getting the great upgrades, and the veritech pilots are getting the less-cool ones. Can't wait to see if Shirley's roll follows the trend or breaks it!
Don't forget, their job is to be our bodyguards, so let the boys enjoy their toys.

Yeah. The guys currently without the mechs get to guard the gals who are in their mechs! Thar be some straaaaaaaange logic y'all got'a goin' on... =)

Okies. Back to this. Shirley "tells" me she wants a pair of red die, preferably from the same set ("Baby's colors if I have them." I do.). *rolls* 71. Yep! Shirley gets a laser sight for her LAR-10.

Cpl. Booty on the other hand just flat out gets a successful roll. I'm willing to do this because A. He's the armorer. B. He's in his armory and thanks to General Steel, he's had plenty of time to use it. So, he's got an Infrared Targeting Scope too. =)

Just wondering, is there any to increase a character's Perception roll? Perhaps a house rule can be made, letting a character use a skill slot to train up their ability to spot small details. Just a thought.

Hmmm. Interesting idea. I may have to try this in some of my games.

My thought about this is, in the US military sniper training schools, they actually teach the soldiers how to analyze their surroundings and spot stuff, to be able to provide correct intel on enemy movements and equipment. Being able to boost Tophs' Perception roll, depending on the return for it, might be something worth giving up a skill slot for.

Just wondering, is there any to increase a character's Perception roll? Perhaps a house rule can be made, letting a character use a skill slot to train up their ability to spot small details. Just a thought.

My thought about this is, in the US military sniper training schools, they actually teach the soldiers how to analyze their surroundings and spot stuff, to be able to provide correct intel on enemy movements and equipment. Being able to boost Tophs' Perception roll, depending on the return for it, might be something worth giving up a skill slot for.

Funny you mention that, Psychie Psychie . Ever since I first read about Perception in Palladium games, I have wondered about how to go about increasing character Perception in a way that made sense. Months ago, Sherwood brought up an idea from off of the Internet, but that solution involved automatic progression in Perception for all Player Characters (like skills).

Boy, that's a nice big bonus for the PCs, but it doesn't fit my experience in Real Life at all. Just because someone gains experience in a career (even combat-oriented), it does not make them automatically aware any more than it provides extra S.D.C. (that's why characters gain hit points every level; one does know how to avoid death a bit better after facing it long enough).

The idea of a skill is an idea I hadn't considered. In Real Life, awareness is a skill. Not just for military types but for detectives, police officers, medical examiners, people who make their living from the street, etc. Those who possess awareness are usually folks who rely on it for one reason or another. Your idea of making this a skill is perfect! Thanks for the terrific idea!

I have added Awareness skill to Shop Talk (under, big surprise, Skills). =)

Everybody say, "Thaaaank yooooou, Psychieeeeeee!!" Heh! =)

Whew! Sorry for the lack of posting, but I want Pips (and DWiz when he is able to get around to it) to read the Prologues of the Wild Cards. In order to make that happen, each of them required editing (including picture and video-adding). That took up 2 1/2 hours of my game time, but it was worth it!

I'm off for now. Take care and have fun, folks! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back