• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya, folks! I hope to post something in Chapter Two sometime tomorrow. =)

Hope the house is feeling cooler. Even if your wallet is now currently on fire...

Captain Hesperus

Oh, the house is much cooler now, thank you (folks, our A/C died recently and while it's been "revived" short-term, it definitely appears time to buy a whole new system). As for the fire, it will be just fine; you could say I've an icebox saved away for such occasions. =)

O.K. I've got to admit it - I'm out of gas. I'll try and post again tomorrow. I've got some of it down, but I can't do the scene justice without some sleep (and it deserves justice. You'll see what I mean once it's written out). Hope everyone out there is having a good night! =)

Catch up in-game then click away! =)

Three items here:
1. Again, I am borrowing from Battletech terminology here. A "lance" is a squad of four destroids. In Broadsword, a company of destroids are 12 total mecha, divided into three lances - a "command lance" that leads the rest and typically has the toughest mecha (think Tomahawks), a "fire lance" which typically contains mecha of high-damage output (think Defenders and Phalanxes), and a "scout lance" which typically contains the lightest, fastest-moving destroids (think Spartans). This does not apply to air-based veritechs like the Logan, Ajax, and Valkyrie (although I suppose it could).

2. Elinor rolled a safe 71 on her percentile dice and Psychie rolled 44 on hers. Remember to subtract your spent Action Points (and if you're like me, maybe make a note of where you spent it; I've found that it adds something nice down the road when you look at your total months from now and think, "where did I spend that?" And then it hits you. "Oh yeah!" =)

3. Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Sherwood Sherwood What color d20 would you like for initiative?

EDIT: I almost forgot. Congratulations, T.A.S.C. team, for one hell of a distraction! You have the whole team thinking such wonderful thoughts about you... and acting on them! =)

Last edited:
Mr. Mario will happily take blood red for his roll.

1. Again, I am borrowing from Battletech terminology here. A "lance" is a squad of four destroids. In Broadsword, a company of destroids are 12 total mecha, divided into three lances - a "command lance" that leads the rest and typically has the toughest mecha (think Tomahawks), a "fire lance" which typically contains mecha of high-damage output (think Defenders and Phalanxes), and a "scout lance" which typically contains the lightest, fastest-moving destroids (think Spartans). This does not apply to air-based veritechs like the Logan, Ajax, and Valkyrie (although I suppose it could).
This is a real blast from the past for me. I had almost forgotten the term 'lance' for the Inner Sphere mechs, and the Binary and Trinary for the Clan units of 10 and 15 mecha respectively.

I take it you mean "blue." Smacks auto-correct.* =)

So, do we have an idea on just how much protection the lightweight armor of the scavs provide?

Given that all three in your team possess the Skill, Field Armorer/Munitions Expert, yes. However, you're working in less-than-desired conditions (under heavy stress, unfamiliar territory, only the light from these Scavengers's laptops with which to get details of their armor with).

Mario and Hercules can discern this armor is light but modified and a little bulky. It's similar to the CBR 2 (not 2E) armor which provides 55 Mega-damage of protection, but this armor looks a little tougher, perhaps providing more protection (70 M.D. tops). However, both Herc and Mario could bet their stripes that these particular patchwork mega-suits are not protected against the elements in the way a true mega-suit is. Nor do they appear to be airtight. So things like gas, radiation, etc. can get right in whereas that's not the case with your own A.S.C. CBR Mk. 2E armor.

Hope you're enjoying the in-game fun, folks!

As for the dice rolls...

...for those who'd like to know how they rolled. =)
-Hercules (blue): 5.
-Mario (red): 12.
-Booty (green): 13.
-Scavengers (lava red): 7 (does not include a negative for having been distracted at the time of your joining them in the "pit").

I swear I'm still alive. After three weeks of being sick, went to the doctor and now I'm on antibiotics and bed rest. Will catch up as soon as humanely possible. Apologies for any hold up on anything on my end!

Are you kidding? I'm just glad you're O.K. enough to type!

Rest up, dear Pips! The game will be here - take care of your health or I'll sick a MechaKitten on you! =)

Aww, poor Pips! Take care! Thanks for letting us know ^3^

"... knowing that he (Mario) must succeed in making contact or the scavengers will tear them apart.
(Parenthesis mine)

Yes, I'd say Mario has a very good hold on the reality of the situation here! No illusions for this tanker! Go Mario and good luck! =)

I wasn't quite sure how to picture what Mario was doing, but his mental imagery made a bit of sense to me. Hopefully it will work!

BTW, is this something that an Action Point would aid with?

Yeah, especially with as pissed off as they are now from the low level buzz by that the girls just gave them!

I wasn't quite sure how to picture what Mario was doing, but his mental imagery made a bit of sense to me. Hopefully it will work!

BTW, is this something that an Action Point would aid with?

Re: Action Point. No, not at this time.
Re: "Picturing." This picturing really isn't something that there is a "right" or "wrong" answer to; it tells me something only you can provide - what's going on inside Mario's mind. That's all I needed. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back