• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Ten

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It's that time again, Gang! Time for a new chapter! =)

Mario doesn't have the Military History skill, but can he attempt a roll to recognize the Arc Light phrase? If I'm correct, it means hitting the target with metric shit-ton of artillery/missiles to wipe it out, but I'm not positive.

Another question for you. In the old 1e Robotech book, there was the option to take the Cooking skill a second time to give your character not just the knowledge of basic cooking, but a real professional level of skill with an additional +5% to your roll. I don't think that has carried over into 2e, so I was wondering if this is an option for Mario to go with?

Another question for you. In the old 1e Robotech book, there was the option to take the Cooking skill a second time to give your character not just the knowledge of basic cooking, but a real professional level of skill with an additional +5% to your roll. I don't think that has carried over into 2e, so I was wondering if this is an option for Mario to go with?
This is not in the house rules (I just looked) but Dann does allow skills to be taken a second time to increase the "grade" (i.e. amateur to professional) of the skill. For example, Eadric took Anthropology a second time, which I believe means he has doctorate-level education for it (I don't recall if he actually has his doctoral degree yet, that's an RP thing I should have written down). According to my character sheet notes, he actually got +10% for taking it a second time. Dannigan Dannigan , is that correct or did I type the wrong thing on the character sheet?

hitting the target with metric shit-ton of artillery/missiles
Is that greater or smaller than an imperial shit-ton? ^;3^

Heya Gang!

Congrats on reaching 10th level! Each of you gain a whopping 12 RP points bringing your grand totals to 104 RP points (or Character Level 10.4) . =)

Technopathy was used in this adventure (and to good effect) netting each PC 6 more Technopathy Points (see our Conversation to upgrade those abilities)!

Time for some Hit Points! *rolls the dice*

Silanon - Ylva gains 5 Hit Points!
Sherwood - Mario gains 2 hit Points (boo...)
Psychie - Toph gains 5 Hit Points!
Kaerri - Eadric gains 6 Hit Points! (He got 6 last time!)
Cap'n - Herc gains 4 Hit Points! (He received 4 last time!)
Mack gains 6 Hit Points! (Nice!)
Cera gains 3 Hit Points (meh)
And Trouble is a Mega-damage creature. Deal with it, you Mewwoo you! =)

Here's the link to the Leveling Guide if anyone needs it. =)
REMINDER: Check your Martial Arts to add your bonuses to your character (Sherwood, Mario gets 1 level of Tae Kwon Do and Muay Thai).
REMINDER: Check your MECT Skills to further enhance your character's prowess in mecha. =)
I'm still fuzzy on how the second Martial Art levels up. Does it level at the same rate as the first one, i.e. Eadric gets 1 level each of Aikido and HEMA?
- Also, does Eadric also get the Technopathy points? He did use it some, but not on purpose, and wouldn't know about the things one spends points on (though I do, of course).

"Today wasn't too bad, new guy! At least that big Zeki command ship on the ground didn't open up on us. Hey! If we're lucky, maybe our new captain will call in an Arc Light!"

Unfortunately, this is a term none of you probably know. Or do you?

Your character would like to roll Military History? Do so in the next chapter, Chapter Ten - Arc Light!
One last one (for now...): Eadric wishes he could roll it, but he doesn't have it. (He also doesn't have History: Earth but his Anthropology skill gives him a +5 bonus to it, and to all Lore skills.) Can he try Military Etiquette at a penalty instead?

Last edited:
This is not in the house rules (I just looked) but Dann does allow skills to be taken a second time to increase the "grade" (i.e. amateur to professional) of the skill. For example, Eadric took Anthropology a second time, which I believe means he has doctorate-level education for it (I don't recall if he actually has his doctoral degree yet, that's an RP thing I should have written down). According to my character sheet notes, he actually got +10% for taking it a second time.
Sweet. Once we get the official conformation from Dann on how much of a bonus I'd get, I'll go ahead and get Cooking a second time. It may never come up in game play that Mario will be in the kitchen again, but I like the idea of getting the skill.

Mario doesn't have the Military History skill, but can he attempt a roll to recognize the Arc Light phrase? If I'm correct, it means hitting the target with metric shit-ton of artillery/missiles to wipe it out, but I'm not positive.
Sherwood Sherwood Just a free roll? Nope! Or I would have allowed that from the get-go. However, if you (like Kaerri) can come up with a plausible argument for why your character would have a reasonable shot at knowing, then I am open to hearing it. =)

Sweet. Once we get the official conformation from Dann on how much of a bonus I'd get, I'll go ahead and get Cooking a second time. It may never come up in game play that Mario will be in the kitchen again, but I like the idea of getting the skill.
Kaerri Kaerri is correct! I am indeed using the 1e option of adding a second skill to (greatly!) improve a Domestic Skill and add +10% to the rolls. Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Hercules has had this combination of skills from the very beginning (as Cap'n desired. Besides, how do you think ol' Herc got to be that big and healthy, right?).

In addition, there are options available to those that "double-up" like this. Mario is a cook. Herc is a chef. A cook can make some good food, but a chef can make great food. Plus, the chef has skills, tricks, and tools a cook just hasn't learned. Want to make a nice steak dinner? Get a decent cook. Want a royal 9-course meal across 2 hours with tasteful experiences found almost nowhere else? You want not only a chef, but a highly-skilled chef with a great love of food. But... I'm rambling again. Back to answering questions! =)

One last one (for now...): Eadric wishes he could roll it, but he doesn't have it. (He also doesn't have History: Earth but his Anthropology skill gives him a +5 bonus to it, and to all Lore skills.) Can he try Military Etiquette at a penalty instead?
If you don't mind the correction, it is +5% (as opposed to those rare d20 rolls I sometimes roll on my own to determine low-consequence rolls among NPCs). A +5 on a d20 equals +25%. Not that you were indicating any of this; it's just how my mind works and I don't mind sharing details like this. =)

Re: Skill combination. While this is an excellent try, I'm afraid the answer is still "no" because the terminology has next-to-nothing to do with the term in question. However (again), you have opened up another path in my head that someone with the right combination of Skills might know. This is where Player skill comes into play. =)

Just a short note: I've found my way to the new threads, but it'll take a day or two to actually catch up everywhere - seems like it's quite a bit of stuff to read, and I'm better at reading small portions at the moment.

Psychie Psychie A word on Toph's choice here for the sake of some clarity. Let's talk shop! =)

Situation One (trauma ward). This is a chance for Toph to shine as a military medical doctor. Depending on her approach and number of successes healing up both Adamantium squad members and (for Toph's first time) members of the Broo tribe too. This path means asking Hitomi to cut Captain Sharp out of his melted Mega-suit.

I should also note that Toph's reputation among the Broadsword crew might either rise high or take a huge nosedive here. Here's a small peek behind my Game Master screen for your benefit. In my head, a medical professional can best-serve those they care for with two very important ingredients. 1. Skill. Without an education in science, the professional is no professional at all. You must know your stuff or risk the gravest extremes. 2. "Bedside manner." No matter how educated a person is, in general, the medical professional must have the ability to comfort the patient's emotions and thus nurture their spirit, their very will to live. Cap'n, I'm sure, has experienced opinions in this field and while I heartily look up to him, I feel you, Psychie, should know how I run things in our game.

So, if Toph is able to manage a very, very busy trauma ward filled with military patients, some human, some alien (that she has absolutely no experience with, I think it is fair to add), then this is a matter of hoping the dice roll well for you along with quality roleplaying on Toph's part.

I think Situation One is the easier of the two paths.

Situation Two (saving Captain Sharp) is a "whole 'nother ball game." Here you have the recently-incapacitated captain of the Broadsword who has gone up against some horrible Zeki war-technology that basically "one-shotted" him due to the Veritech Hover Tank's total lack of a pilot's reinforced cockpit. Toph's facts are few with even the far-more experienced Hitomi having to guess at Sharp's true condition. It is clear that Sharp, while conscious, breathing, alert, and capable of conversation, has undergone a tremendous shock. He has to come out of his burned ASC Mega-suit and he has to come out unharmed. If using a Mega-damage tool to cut him out, there is no room for error.

Also I think it is wise to consider the state of not only Toph's fellow Wild Cards, but the entire Broadsword crew here. Remember, in a relatively short period of time, the ship has lost half of its crew to death and war, they have lost their beloved Captain Drake, and the fate of his second-in-command, Toph's mom, is still as yet unknown. When the Wild Cards first met the Broadsword, Flight Lieutenant Piper (of all people) was, by UEEF protocol, left in charge (as she was the highest-ranking officer still alive with the most combat experience). Captain Sharp (formerly Colonel Sharp) is not only a treasured hero among many in the Army of the Southern Cross (especially in Eglin base and around southeast former United States), he is also seen as not only the Broadsword's best bet for survival, but for the underwater city of Pacifica (default name: feel free to introduce others) and thus a possible new route for humanity's own survival.

No pressure! Because of this, I think Situation Two is the tougher of the two paths.

Either way, if Toph fails in either situation, the costs are all too dear. But if she succeeds (which, I assure you, will fall down to more than just simple rolls of the dice and the expenditure of Action Points/Diamonds of Fate), the rewards are high! This is the result of everyone here voting to take on "Option 2" instead of "Option 1." =)

Those are my thoughts at the moment. I welcome questions, feelings, or statements from all of you on the matter! Keep smiling, Gang! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Just a short note: I've found my way to the new threads, but it'll take a day or two to actually catch up everywhere - seems like it's quite a bit of stuff to read, and I'm better at reading small portions at the moment.
Whoops! I guess I didn't tag everyone up top! Sorry about making you hunt this thread down, Silanon Silanon ! =)

No worries - the hard part was not to find the thread, but to press the 'watch' button... I always forget...

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Heya Cap'n! Let me know if you want me to Level Hercules for you again? Any ideas what you'd like for Herc to have for his 10th level Skill? Any other ideas you'd like to include for Herc? =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Hey Gang! I have rewritten Part 2 of my last in-game post. Last night I was pretty tired and I just wanted it up but when I awoke and I realized that I wanted to polish up my post. Sorry for asking you to read it a second time if you've already read the first.

And I awoke with the right side of my head pounding against my skull. Life can be a bear sometimes, right? Heh!

Heya Gang!

Boy, I just can't tell you how long I have been waiting to post that post!

*sigh of contented relief* =)

Thanks for the note! Had a few great games together with her over the years, and would've completely missed it.

Farewell, Epiphany, I hope you are well and continue to be so. Your leaving diminishes us and leaves a hole in our hearts, but I hope you find happiness wherever you go.

Captain Hesperus

The powered suit truly was a dead loss. Melted, burnt, almost fused into a solid lump, it was like an Egyptian Pharoah’s sarcophagus. Save that the incumbent was still alive, though that still hung in the balance. Jerry returned and debriefed Sharp and the Wild Cards by virtue of command authority. As the Spec Ops leader recounted his mission and its outcome, his recommendations and his thoughts, Hercules looked over the suit. Electronics are likely toast, nothing to Traverse with most likely.

“We need to crack the torso first.”, he said, once Jerry had finished and asked his question, “Doc Kirin will have an easier time once she’s got access to his chest. We need cutting tools, reciprocating saws capable of cutting the armor, no rotary blades or torches. And a schematic of the armor, I need to see how thick it is and where the seams are so we can plan the cuts.”
Oooh! Someone's got his thinking cap on... and he's workin' it! =)

Cat Working GIF by Looney Tunes

Hah! You're not the only one; I think I know what that's like too! =)

Hey Dann, I know from personal experience that the cutters used in removing a cast from a broken bone don't cut skin. When I was ten I broke my arm, and when the doc took the cast off, he showed me that it would make a bit of noise but not hurt me in any way. It used a vibrating blade that actually kinda tickled on my skin.

Do we have any idea if something like this might work on the armor?

Brilliant idea. I wonder if that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back