• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another! Are these dice loaded? =)

And Elinor got a Natural 20 too on the yellow d20!

Heh! If I thought they were (loaded bad or good), you would have never seen a picture of them. Hah! =)

Update to Shop Talk (added Navigation to this list, replaced old "Read Sensory Instruments" skill to today's "Sensory Equipment").

House Rule: Skills - Sensory Equipment, Weapon System, and Navigation skills are provided free (no skill cost) to Mecha pilots (only).
All mecha-piloting characters receive Sensory Equipment, Weapon Systems, and Navigation as free O.C.C. skills. If your Other O.C.C. Skills provide a bonus to "Pilot Related" skills, add this bonus to both skills.
No, if you already have the skills, you may not replace them with others; this is a benefit only to those Mecha pilots who do not come with the skills (I just bet someone somewhere in our game is going to ask this...). =)
Reasoning: I want all Mecha pilots to have these three important skills. In previous Palladium games, situations would arise where these skills were needed and mecha pilots were not trained in their use... By the rules at the time, all pilots could do is fight and drive. If they had a weapons or sensor malfunction or the like, they had to roll their piloting skill. This makes no sense to me, hence the change. =)

Update: The Mjolnir-class VHTs have gained the Special Attack - Strafe to their Blaster Cannons.

Mario grins wryly as he looks at the box-shaped mecha. "I guess its Traversing time again." He steps over to the Cyclone and then places his hands upon the top of the case and closes his eyes, preparing to enter into the Blue World, reaching out for the Core of the machine.

Sherwood Sherwood Hey bud! Is Mario going in or is he just preparing? "Preparing" tells me he's waiting, but "reaching out" tells me he's going in.

Ha ha! Is that so? =) I'm not the one who had his character go alone into the Blue World in an automated outpost he and his squadron just wrecked. I'm not saying it was the wrong thing to do, but it certainly won't be the boring choice! Good luck, Sherwood! =)

(In my world, a good GM lets two things kill the PCs. Dice... and the PCs. =) )

A note here for SIlanon, D. Rex, and Cap'n (since it's been awhile) - the Blue World is, at its best, a mysterious realm filled with shadows and secrets. Yes, it's where the Traversers must go in order to make contact with the Cores of machines, but to be true, the Wild Cards have little experience there. Mario's action here was nothing more than an innocent attempt at trying to find his Cyclone (or perhaps everyone's Cyclones) and start the process along of coercing the machines.

Now he is in there alone. What do you think he has going for him? What about going against him?

I bring this up because if all of us were gathered around a roleplaying table with our character sheets near, food and drink at hand, atmosphere music filling the background, and tomorrow off from all of our work, I would bring this up. Roleplaying is a team activity. And in my games, it always will be. =)

So does anyone (including Kaerri and Toph) have any ideas to help ol' Mario out?

Others, with more experience in the blue world, can probably give better advice than I can, but let me say what I'm seeing:
- Mario is out of his element, in a place he barely knows (presumably)
- thus, the nimbuses can be assumed to be way more familiar with the surrounding area, because that's just not too hard at this point
- we have the benefit of incoming reinforcements, and I'd assume tthat Mario knows that the Professor will try to find him in there
- I have no clue how one could track Mario's mind in the blue world, but if you assume that there's a way to follow the path he took, then it'd be a bad idea to move away from this spot, if even allowed; just in case that the Professor arrives in the very same place, it'd be beneficial for Mario to still be there
- he already caught the attention of the nimbuses, apparently, so playing hide and seek will be difficult at best

In total: I'd want to stall as long as I can while staying where I am. The options for that seem to be to either simply wait, or make contact if possible. The latter gives us a shot to understand what these numbuses might represent; some sort of machines on Earth, presumably, but that's it at this point. They could be connected to the cyclones (that's what I'd expect to find first, the way he entered the blue world), or to some part of the base - in the latter case, they might be hostile, but at least they didn't act for now. Now, is there some way how you'd usually make contact? Can you speak in there? Or do you reach out for the nimbuses and try to touch one instead (that might go badly)? No clue.

Very thoughtful. Would anyone like to answer Sil's questions (so he hears it from a player perspective)?

Sorry for the short post, with all the everything that happened yesterday I feel like I'm holding things up if I don't get something out, so there it is. On to other things.

Mario's starting to make a habit of running off alone into the Blue World against the advice of those more experienced in it. ^;3^ One hopes he doesn't get into too much trouble from it. While so far help has been close behind, it's always been behind -- and he doesn't seem to be counting on it or he'd've asked for it from the start. Remember that we on the outside have no way of knowing whether he's in trouble or not at this stage, only that it can be assumed danger is nearby because of all the hostile computers we expect to be present in the outpost. Remember also that time in the physical world passes rather slower than in the Blue World, about 1 second here to 1 minute there, if I'm not mistaken? (Hence the professor's rush to reinforce quickly.)
If I were Mario, I'd start by trying to assess the five nearest Cores' level of hostility and open communications. Maybe asking about their protocol to see if he can find a common ground. My guess is that it's the Cyclones, but it could well be the guns, or even the AA turrets (I hope not! Those would definitely be hostile).
Thus far, we've aimed for speaking rather than touching. It's my belief that trying to touch them without their permission might be considered an attack, or at least impolite. Even when we've "made friends" with other Cores, they didn't invite or initiate touching, they just moved closer to us.

Heya Gang! I don't get sick all that often, but when I do... =)

One beautiful benefit to online post-RPing is that one can type... if one can type at all... and therefore participate. Kaerri and I returned from the doctor today and I'm officially a mess (nothing serious. Just inconvenient). Mosquitos in Florida where we live can really mess up your week and they have done quite a a job on messing up mine. On top of a case of chills, weakness, and a migraine (not headache) that is now in its 4th straight day, I have been diagnosed with an upper respiratory bronchial infection. Again, inconvenient, but not serious.

So, at least for the next week or so, if my posting (especially in-game) sounds "off," it's just me being a mess for a little while. I ask for your benefit of the doubt (which I'm confident you'll give because each of you are cool like that). I have just now rewritten my last post with Professor Stein, Toph, Elinor, Trouble, and Cera. It wasn't accurate. Now it is. =)

That's all for now. Stay healthy, friends!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Sherwood Sherwood
What does Mario do?

To provide more clarity into Mario's situation, I offer this. Mario knows that it took his fullest concentration to get into the Blue World. In the past, it has also taken every bit of his focus to leave it. To attempt that now seems to be taking his chances (it might be a matter of Initiative, it might not). On the other hand, his only other feasible option is to flee but unlike before, Mario is better prepared for the Blue World now. He has Knacks.

Kaerri makes an excellent point in that time runs differently in the Blue World than in the physical. In this sense, time is definitely not on Mario's side now. So either he takes his chances trying to leave or he buys himself time and has faith in his friends to rescue him as he runs. Staying seems unfeasible as it's a six-on-one situation and Mario has never encountered a hostile Core that could harm him before, much less six.

There are, of course, other options. I leave them for you to ask about and ultimately decide upon. =)

In completely irrelevant news, a nice, warm cup of cocoa made with milk instead of water is one of the best restoratives on a colder-than-usual evening... (Don't mind me; just appreciating the simple pleasures in life.) =)

Is movement in the Blue World in three dimensions? Can Mario basically 'fly' over the surrounding angry Cores and maneuver away?

Movement is much like it is in our world. Thankfully, Mario has this certain new Knack he selected before this all happened... =)

No, Mario cannot fly. He needs a veritech for that. Ha ha. =) The Cores seem to hover around. Mario cannot tell how fast they can go.

Ok. I was not sure. Is there enough room between the various Cores to slip past them?

No, not really. But If Mario wishes to evade them, he can run away from them. The biggest issue there is visibility - he can't see any farther than 20 feet ahead of him.

Sherwood Sherwood Not to rush you, but due to the way the Blue World works (time), I need to know what Mario's doing next before I can touch on what his teammates in the physical world are doing. Let me know if you have questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back