• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Leave you here? Not an option, Sergeant!"

Sherwood Sherwood I've been meaning to say that I was very impressed how Mario handled that scene. Mario spoke to Murphy as a soldier which, given their budding relationship, was just the argument Murphy needed to hear.

In my games during times like these it's not so much that dice that make the success but the argument behind the dice that wins or fails - and Mario's argument here was bullseye-perfect. =)

Mario has a Land Navigation skill percentage of 80%. Hopefully the odds will forever be in my favor.

Dannigan says, "While I am not familiar with a Palladium game mechanic that allows one to aid another, there is a nice advantage to using the Navigation skill, in that the three of you can all use it to triangulate."

So, let's do that? ^D^

Dann says he will roll for all three of us tomorrow.

Gang, over the years, a lot of people have confused the purposes of the Land Navigation and Navigation skills. Here's my attempt at shining a light on our current situation.

Land Navigation does not apply here (it's a Wilderness-related skill that relies more on the character's ability to recognize, memorize, and make the best of land-based locations with few, if any, tools). Navigation (Pilot Related) is the skill needed for this task because your characters are attempting to go from one set of computer-provided coordinates (where you are now) to another set (provided by Hitomi) by way of your mecha's navigational instrumentation. Land Navigation is used by Eagle Scouts and forest guides; Navigation is used by pilots of land, sea, and air most often using machinery to aid them. They are excellent skills each used for specific situations. Don't ask me why tankers don't receive the Navigation skill as part of their training; I have no idea why Palladium does a lot of things.

Psychie rolled a 79%
Elinor rolled a 75%

Also of note, the Land Navigation skill is often fouled by bad weather and visibility (like a nighttime thunderstorm in Florida, say). Navigation, however, not so much if one is just flying by instrumentation alone. What this means is - had this been a Land Navigation roll, chances are, both characters would have failed. However, flying by instrumentation alone to coordinates the mecha can recognize asks for no penalty to the roll.

In other words, both Toph and Elinor barely made it. But made it they did. =)

Actually, it does kind of make sense that tankers would get Land Navigation and air/spacecraft pilots would get Navigation, given the altitudes each is usually piloting at. It might be more useful if tankers got both, but I can see why they get Land, anyway.

Well, in my head, for the tankers to lack Navigation seems to imply they don't know how to use their own instruments to follow maps and the like, but hey! If they hop out and ride on the front, they can beat out any Girl or Boy Scout on the battlefield, baby!

Sherwood Sherwood All Mario needs for this is a Sensory Equipment roll. I'm not going to hamstring him for not coming with Navigation. =) Orange dice as usual, Sherwood?

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

After we bring Chapter 6: All Hands on Deck to a close, I'd like to hear what each of you have to say regarding the direction of the Wild Cards. What do you want to do and where on Earth do you want to do it? Understand there are in-game facts you and your characters are completely unaware of. These will come to light as the Wild Cards rendezvous with the Broadsword and you play a very important game of catch-up with everyone you have collected (quite a group, too! Wow!). After these talks, there will be some important decisions to make concerning your characters' futures.

So just keep those questions I mentioned in mind throughout the Wild Cards' return to the Broadsword and the conversations that take place afterward. Once you have a good grasp of what's really going on beyond your squadron's reach of perception, you'll see what I mean.

In the meantime, any thoughts you have on the subject now are welcome too. The more research and details a Game Master like me has at his disposal, the more fun we are likely to have. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Oh, and get your characters' questions ready (seriously). The time has finally come.
=)

So, how does it feel to not be the only ones on the Broadsword with your mouths hanging open in shock and awe? =)

If you guys have other questions, go ahead and let fly. My brain is unusually active today (I blame the hurricane...)! =)

But if you don't, let me know and I'll keep the story going. =)

I was holding off on flooding the site, trying to make sure that everyone has a chance to get their questions in.

Well, Kaerri and Psychie have asked questions. That's nice of you, but as the GM, I don't mind if Mario goes again. =)

Whoops! I should have checked in here sooner. I don't remember getting alerts here for in-game activity.

I'll try to put some time later today, gang!

Toph reads the tablet intently, then nods. "I understand, and I fully agree to the terms you provide. I would just be very interested in seeing how the process works, and if there is any kind of problem, God forbid, I would be there to assist."

And what of MechaKitten?

"My only concern with awakening the rest of the crew..."

For clarification's sake - Sam and Samantha are willing to awaken two of the inactive crew not the entire crew. =)

Ah. I was not aware of that. Good to know. Still, the same questions of chain of command still apply for Mario. Who's in charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back