• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, for a mere pittance of $2,000, you too can own your own 1/6 scale Valkyrie cockpit that doubles as a digital audio system. Just had to share this. =)

Well, I am loving the progression of the game so far. It is paced well, and it has a good mix of different styles of combat. I say we keep things going as they are, with a bit of combat interspaced in between the fun IC interaction of the characters.

I can make this happen! Thanks very much for your feedback, everybody! =)

Well, things have certainly gotten a little more exciting for Toph, haven't they? =)

I'm holding on posts from Sherwood Sherwood (to answer Mack's question) and Psychie Psychie . No rush. Just want to make sure you're getting the alerts. =)

The Broadsword's borrowed mega-suit had magnets along the thighs, back, and waist. In no time, Elinor went from unburdened to one-woman war-machine.
Psychie Psychie

Elinor isn't actually trying to take everything for herself. ^;3^ She just doesn't see the sense of leaving perfectly good E-clips behind when we could always make use of them ourselves. (And she just thinks the K-bars and the pistols are cool.) Please don't think Toph won't get any of them just because of that -- the only thing Elinor's really "claimed" are the rifle, one pistol, and one knife, until she sees what everyone else has taken.

"...and shifts into the mode best suited to be able to take in the shells from the older tank."

Yes! Thank you, Sherwood Sherwood ! Your tanks are indeed in Battloid mode. Imagine carrying those rounds all the way up to the cockpit and back down! If mode was not mentioned, I was prepared to tell you just how worn out Mario would be after all that climbing! But being a fair-minded GM, I can't fairly tell you to transform the Mjolnir, right? The best mode to transform for loading is tank mode. =)

Just copying this over for completionism ^;3^

The dice roller is back in Hosted Projects, if we want to use it. As in the rest of the site, to use it, edit an existing post. I think it'll be better if we keep them all here in OOC, but of course that's up to Dann.

Sorry for the delay in response, Gang. I've had some pretty hefty headaches for the past 3 days and my sleep schedule is off.

I know what I want to post, so it's just a matter of time before I type it up.

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Best wishes from me, too. I have suffered from my share of migraines and they totally suck.

Thanks, Psychie, Sherwood. Today is the first day in five days I haven't had one so things are looking up. I had hoped to post by now.

I'll try to post later today although I might have split the post up into two parts. There are two different versions of an upcoming scene and I'm going to go with the "lighter" of the two (as opposed to "darker"). Just haven't been able to immerse myself in that special place I need to be in order to do it right.

Having decided that, it's now a matter of getting it down on RP Nation. =)

I had a good time writing that, but man, I'm glad it's done. Being in Murphy's head during that scene was challenging.

But it's bedtime now. Good night! =)

Oh. And one more thing before I forget. Kaerri Kaerri I'm awarding Kaerri a bonus Action Point for her attention to detail as a player. Elinor just possibly saved Cera's life in a manner that took time, effort, and deep understanding of the circumstances to make happen. I think that's worth a reward. =)

Kaerri - remember to update your character sheet reflecting the reward and congratulations. =)

I'm just glad Elinor remembered to say something, and that I remembered to have her remember. That scene would've ended a lot differently if Murphy hadn't unloaded and Sharp hadn't been ready to stop him.

Re: Murphy. It is seriously possible that either Cera or Murphy would be badly injured or dead had Elinor not had her conversation with Colonel Sharp. My games are very detailed and sometimes lifelike in their circumstances. Don't think for a moment that your actions didn't make a difference here. I was prepared for their confrontation. =)

In other news, congratulations, Gang! You have unlocked the Super Stealth Logan Prototype Veritech in Technopolis! Read up in-game and go check it out? Although Elinor requested a comparison between the two, I have the books literally feet away from her computer to compare the two. If anyone requires a detailed comparison of the two, I'll go through the motions, but I'd rather see a request first before I spend a half-hour typing that up. =) Again, congrats! =)

Gang, if your data is different than mine, let me know (but I think this is right). With the 120mm main gun rounds inside, now your Mjonirs are ready for some serious fighting! =)

Toothgnasher
120mm rounds
8 APFSDS rounds, Range: 7 miles (11.2km), Mega-Damage: 3d6x10+30 M.D.
6 Multi-Purpose Anti-Tank (MPAT) rounds , Range: 5 miles (8km). Mega-Damage: 2d6x10+30 M.D. to a 50 foot (15.2m) radius.
6 High Yield Incendiary (Plasma) rounds. Range: 4 miles (6.4km). Mega-Damage: 2d8x10+30 M.D. to everything in a 25 foot (7.6m) area from the initial blast. Sets all combustible substances ablaze and continues to burn, doing an additional 4d8 M.D. per minute for 1d6+1 minutes.

12/12 High Explosive Rockets - 5d6 M.D., 1 mile, 5 foot radius, 1 M.D.C.

Left EU-11 - 18/20 bursts remaining in magazine. 4 full magazines available.
Right EU-11 - 18/20 bursts remaining in magazine.
11/12 Chaff and Flares.

* * *​

Toothgrinder
120mm rounds
8 APFSDS rounds, Range: 7 miles (11.2km), Mega-Damage: 3d6x10+30 M.D.
6 Multi-Purpose Anti-Tank (MPAT) rounds , Range: 5 miles (8km). Mega-Damage: 2d6x10+30 M.D. to a 50 foot (15.2m) radius.
6 High Yield Incendiary (Plasma) rounds. Range: 4 miles (6.4km). Mega-Damage: 2d8x10+30 M.D. to everything in a 25 foot (7.6m) area from the initial blast. Sets all combustible substances ablaze and continues to burn, doing an additional 4d8 M.D. per minute for 1d6+1 minutes.

12/12 High Explosive Rockets - 5d6 M.D., 1 mile, 5 foot radius, 1 M.D.C.
4/6 HEAP Rockets - 1d4x10 M.D., 1 mile, 3 foot radius, 2 M.D.C.

Left EU-11 - 18/20 bursts remaining in magazine. 4 full magazines available.
Right EU-11 - 20/20 bursts remaining in magazine.
12/12 Chaff and Flares.

Super Stealth Logan Prototype Veritechs (both are armed with identical munitions).

Dual E-20 laser gun pods (in Guardian mode, these can be magnetically-attached to the vehicle so it can use its hands to carry things if so desired). Psychie Psychie Toph can use her W.P. Paired Weapons - Ranged with these bad boys to double up on the damage at the cost of accuracy. Unlike the EU-13s on the Mjolnirs, the E-20s run off the Logan's protoculture plant and have no ammunition limit. =)

28 short-range missiles.
10 High Explosive (medium): 2d6x10 M.D. at a 5 mile range and 15 foot radius. 5 M.D.C.
6 Fragmentation (light): 2d4x10 M.D. at a 3 mile range and 20 foot radius. 5 M.D.C.
6 High-Explosive Armor Piercing/HEAP (medium)*: 2d6x10 at a 5 mile range and 5 foot radius. 5 M.D.C.
6 Plasma/Napalm (medium)*: 2d6x10 M.D., 3 mile range, 15 foot radius, 5 M.D.C.

@Dannigan, I am hoping my high MA score will help out with my efforts to get through to Murphy.

Sherwood Sherwood That makes two of us. Here comes the roll on the orange percentile...

59 (and Mario's M.A. Charm chance with the slight negative due to Murphy's odd sense of mind is... 75% - 5% = 70! Success!).

Let me repost that here:

59 (and Mario's M.A. Charm chance with the slight negative due to Murphy's odd sense of mind is... 75% - 5% = 70! Success!). Glad Mario has that Special Aptitude! But, to be sure here, it's also largely due to Mario's own words and not so much the dice that make for the success here. Had Mario said the wrong thing, that negative would have been much higher. And as for having a negative at all, I think only Colonel Sharp and a handful of others in Murphy's life get away with no negatives at all. And that took time. =)

Still, success! =)

A quick technical question about the new Super Stealth Logan. Does it get the same bonus to be able to attempt an autododge of missiles that the regular Logan mecha does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back