• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon D. Rex D. Rex Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Heya Gang! We have recently (this week) created a first (at least for this Game Master). Never before have I run a Main Game and a "Prologue" where the stories are running at the same time! =)

Something that happened in the Double or Nothing Prologue has affected the Wild Cards in the Main Game (Professor Stein having exhausted himself going into the Blue World, not once, but twice after new Traversers who jumped in quite innocently, plus his advancing age doesn't help matters). This is why the Wild Cards are in danger of losing the polyphonic nexus they've been in since mission start - when a Traverser loses consciousness, any nexus they are a part of goes poof!

D. Rex, sorry about the tension between Hitomi and Ricky. In the veritech seat, Ricky is King. In the medbay, no one currently in the team roster tells Hitomi what to do and how to do it. Given Ricky's atrocious time, he is understandably about as irritable as a wet hen and telling Hitomi what to do has started them off on bad footing (recoverable footing, I might add). Not the good first impression I was hoping for between these two great characters.

In my thinking, Ricky has two big walls in his way when it comes to trying out for the Wild Cards. The first is - he's not invested. He doesn't know anybody and that includes Ylva. It's noble of him to want to protect her, but if something happens to her, why would Ricky stay? Secondly, the only person in the Wild Cards that Ricky probably knows (or at least knows of and can respect on a professional level) is Elinor Hall (Kaerri's character) who is also a test pilot. Many months ago, the two of you talked a bit about how well your characters know each other. For a guy like Ricky, seeing someone like Elinor in the Wild Cards might help him along. I can't blame him for his hesitancy; it seems perfectly in-character for someone like him. But it is rocking the boat between Ricky and other characters he might have to depend on later in the game. If anyone has thoughts here, do feel free to share them.

But yeah - the Prologue and the Main Game happening simultaneously! I am going to have to play with time a bit to keep things interesting (are they interesting yet?) for both stories before I am finally able to merge the two. Sil? D. Rex? I really appreciate your patience. You both haven't complained once about not yet being in the Main Game (in fact, I found your reasoning for not complaining rather heartwarming). Thanks for being great players! =)

Wild Cards? One way or another, I'm merging these two stories as soon as I can. You've been pretty resourceful in getting all the way into the Reactor Room of Outpost #5! Doesn't get much deeper into enemy territory than that! Soon the question will come - how do you want to resolve all this?

Sometime after Outpost #5, we will change chapters (to Chapter Seven: Full House) and bring everyone back on the Broadsword. From there, I imagine the Wild Cards will finally get some time off! Won't that be something?

Honor and fun,
Dann =)
Lol actually you solved the biggest point of his hesitancy already in you latest post. You see. He didn't know what sort of shadowy organization this was, and would feel like betraying his military if he just up and went AWOL, especially when there was obvious traitors in their midst that he has the information that could stop them and save lives. But with one of his head honchos showimg up in person, that adds a lot of legitimacy to steins outfit, and removes the major obstacle for Ricky wanting to join. As for investing... well ricky is a pilots pilot. He was born to fly and born to fly dangerously. Once back flying again, he'll find his place readily enough as it is what he knows he is meant to do. Elvis Seadaughter just puts the balance in their favor.

D. Rex D. Rex This is wonderful! All because Sharp found out there were Eglin crew on board and wanted to check on them personally!

We might have felt the same if, y'know, we hadn't been abandoned and declared dead by our base commander. :P

Kaerri Kaerri

I am surprised at you!

How could you speak so horribly about your sweet and gentle base commander! Why, General Steele is the very cream of humanity and goodness - a great example of leadership all decent ASC soldiers pay homage to and strive to follow!

How far into typing that were you able to get without laughing?

Oh, about five words! I'm still laughing about it! Ha ha ha!

Kaerri Kaerri

I am surprised at you!

How could you speak so horribly about your sweet and gentle base commander! Why, General Steele is the very cream of humanity and goodness - a great example of leadership all decent ASC soldiers pay homage to and strive to follow!
I think I'm going to be sick.

I remember the first time I sprang that style of joke in here involving Steele. Sherwood Sherwood Bud, I remember you writing something to the effect of - you laughed so hard you snorted your soda! =) Good Times!

Hey, Gang! I've got to get the Wild Card story moving. I will try to get a post up either later today or tomorrow. Stay safe!

Whoops, that's a typo - changed it just now, thanks! That'd be an awkward introduction otherwise... hi there, nice to meet you, but I don't really care to listen right now...

Silanon Silanon Ha ha ha! I have goofed similarly before, so don't think you're alone! =)

That was very good post! It really puts Ylva's feelings into perspective. I always like knowing what is going on in my PC's heads and with you, I never have to wonder. =)

To any of you guys and gals who just read my last in-game post, I have added a great deal to it. I hit the Reply button by mistake. Whoops! =)

Toph nods. "I'll give it a shot. Lets see what happens." With that, she enters the selection to do just that, hoping that this will not end up biting them in the ass.

So, up from the floor, these giant teeth appear from right behind Toph and... JUST KIDDING! =)

Psychie Psychie You are just so good!

I have had the beatings (a soft red pillow from our living room upon my head) and all was set right in the world! 8D

All because of yooooou!

Hooray for us, everybody! As of today, Robotech: Broadsword is four years old! Talk about wow!

Just recently on Discord, during a general conversation about roleplaying, I brought up these two wonderful games/safe havens I've been running and how one was nearing its fourth year while the other was in its sixth, and when the praise came my way, I found myself deflecting. I told them it's because of you guys and gals - my beloved friends! Where would my games be without you? I know I have a strong and necessary hand being the Dungeon Master and Game Master, still you make this happen with your interest, your fires, your participation, and everything you add, well, to my universe!

So hooray for us, Gang! I'm really proud and grateful! =)

* * *​

(This is taken from one of our Sharseya questionnaires.)

(P.S. If Mario doesn’t call his tank Yoshi, I shall be very disappointed in you, Sherwood. You well know why...)

Omigosh! How? How have I never made this connection all this time?! Ha ha ha! Well done, Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Cap'n! You made me laugh out loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back