• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
( Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag! =) )

Initiative order - Round 1, Action 1.
Sentry gun #1 (rapid-fire laser on the right) - 20 (and the motherless sentry guns roll a Natural 20 for their Initiative roll...)
Sentry gun #2 (rapid-fire laser on the left) - 20 - Firing on Hercules
Sentry gun #3 (cannon on ceiling) - 20- Firing on Mario
Sentry gun #4 (floor-mounted cannon) - 20 - Firing on Mario
Toph - 15 (using both of the Twins on Gun #2. Parried!)
Hercules - 13 (using the Thundercracker plus Sam's Aegis)
Elinor - 11 (using Centurion plus Sam's Aegis)
Cera - 7 (rolled a 3, but her Natural Talent provides her a +3 to Initiative, carrying her to a 7. Using Centurion plus Sam's Aegis)
Mario - 6 (Aegis hit for 100 M.D..

When Toph hit the shields of the turret, were they damaged?

Does Mario want to stop and take a look? Just kidding! Yes, they were. I'm not that kind of Game Master. =)

Not when Ricky is mind-to-mind with Jezebel. He couldn't have been better caught with his pants down (failed his Perception check and Detect Ambush, but both had heavy negatives given how Ricky's mind was strongly focused elsewhere).

EDIT: By the "combat," I take it your Autocorrect replaced the word "cockpit?"

Last edited:
Not when Ricky is mind-to-mind with Jezebel. He couldn't have been better caught with his pants down (failed his Perception check and Detect Ambush, but both had heavy negatives given how Ricky's mind was strongly focused elsewhere).

EDIT: By the "combat," I take it your Autocorrect replaced the word "cockpit?"
Correct.

Would the interruption have broken his contact with Jezebel?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Heya Cap'n! If you're able to, let me know here in OOC what you basically want Herc to do and I'll write the post? I totally get it if work has you too busy to write one up right now.

Hercules felt the heat of the cannonfire wash over his and Mario's shields even as his fellow tanker staggered back under the onslaught. Behind him, Lieutenant Toph fired her weapon but was foiled by an energy shield.
"Dammit, they're well defended!" he spoke into the polyphonic nexus, "I'll take the lead, Mario, so we can share armor. Pros ta emprós gia dóxa!*"

*Forwards for glory!

I see I ought to work on my explanation of details. =) The shield is not energy-based, but a pop-up plate (think of the springing action of a stiletto knife, how with just a click, the metal is there. The shield works the same way except it can retract just as quickly, hence the gun's ability to Parry until the shield is blown away).

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus I see that Herc is taking the lead (thereby changing the marching order of the group). That won't take up Herc's action. The Wild Cards appear to be fine with following Herc's strategy, but I'm not entirely certain what that is. With this in mind...

1. How fast do you want Herc and the Wild Cards to be traveling down this corridor?
2. Do you want Herc to fire his Thundercracker? Given his strength, he can do so one-handed with no problem whatsoever.
3. Anything else you'd like me to know about Herc's strategy?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

I will attempt a post tomorrow. If I have not heard from Cap'n by then (work, work, work!), I will presume Hercules to also take aim on Sentry Gun #2 while putting himself in front of the group. Then we can continue with the Initiative order. =)

Just had a thought (I know its shocking; I'm surprised too!) about the sentry guns. Are any two of them close enough to one another to be hit in the blast radius of our mini missiles?

It's O.K.! Kaerri and I were sitting down when we heard the news you had a thought, so we were prepared! Hee hee! =)

Jokes aside, good question! Yes, but only if the mini-missiles in question are Plasma, Fragmentation, or Smoke. Every other type has a blast radius of 5 feet or less. Also, the guns are in pairs (cannon with cannon, rapid-fire laser with rapid-fire laser) so if you shoot, you'll nail both of one type or another, but not a mix of the two. Also (and your training would tell your characters this), because they are mounted on the floor, the are incapable of Dodging or Rolling with Impact.

IIRC, the Thundercracker can strafe an area, right? Perhaps you and Hercules can do that and hit more than one at once with the rifles.

Go, Psychie! Good memory, lady! From Technopolis:

Special Attack - Strafe: Strafing an area causes 6D6 M.D. to up to four targets no more than 30 feet apart from one another. This takes one action to perform.

Pick a pair to go after. =)

True. Somewhat less damage done, but should be able to hit more guns than just slagging one at a time.

I will attempt a post tomorrow. If I have not heard from Cap'n by then (work, work, work!), I will presume Hercules to also take aim on Sentry Gun #2 while putting himself in front of the group. Then we can continue with the Initiative order. =)
Go, Psychie! Good memory, lady! From Technopolis:

Pick a pair to go after. =)
I can go with this, pushing ahead and then laying down the BRRRRRRRRRT on the cannon sentry guns.

Captain Hesperus

Looks like I'm having one of my goof weeks! The Thundercracker can strafe up to 4 targets in a 30-foot area. The Sentry Guns are 20 feet apart. This means Hercules can nail every gun in there for 6d6 M.D.! This also means that with a careful shot, mini-missiles with a 20 foot blast radius, can nail all four guns!

Initiative order - Round 1, Action 1.
Sentry gun #1 (rapid-fire laser on the right) - 20 (and the motherless sentry guns roll a Natural 20 for their Initiative roll...)
Sentry gun #2 -19 M.D. (rapid-fire laser on the left) - 20 - Firing on Hercules
Sentry gun #3 (cannon on ceiling) - 20- Firing on Mario
Sentry gun #4 (floor-mounted cannon) - 20 - Firing on Mario
Toph - 15 (using both of the Twins on Gun #2. Parried!)
Hercules - 13 (using the Thundercracker plus Sam's Aegis)
Elinor - 11 (using Centurion plus Sam's Aegis)
Cera - 7 (rolled a 3, but her Natural Talent provides her a +3 to Initiative, carrying her to a 7. Using Centurion plus Sam's Aegis)
Mario - 6 (Aegis hit for 100 M.D..

Ah! So you were successfully rolled! Hooray! 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back