• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaerri Kaerri Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Please add "Spaceman Sam's Impromptu Cyclone Aegis - 200/200 M.D.C." (or something close to it?) to your Character sheets. Oh, and don't expect that 200 M.D. to remain 200 for very long. =)

For Wild Cards who have P.S. of 19 or less, upon hefting the shields, your character will realize he or she has a -2 to Strike and Parry rolls unless you are using both hands to maneuver the shield about. Any character who has a P.S. of 12 or less cannot use the shield with one hand and even with two hands will take a -4 to Strike and Parry rolls. Those of you who have W.P. Shield get to add your bonus to parry when using it. Also, because these impromptu shields have caster wheels on the bottom, you may roll across smooth surfaces at full speed. Keep in mind, the Rifleman Cyclone units you're piloting add 6 points of P.S. and 1 point of P.P.. while you're wearing them.

As for "Hercules's Flower Crown," Capn' do add that to Hercules's character sheet at your convenience. The crown is cosmetic and can be worn on his mega-suit or Cyclone armor without penalty.

* * *​

Per Kaerri, marching order is as follows (I asked her to use your d20s to show me):
You have three rows. Mario is on the front left of your formation, Hercules on the front right.
Behind Mario is Cera. Behind Hercules is Elinor.
Behind them all is Toph.

* * *​

It's combat time! Here is your Initiative order. All of the Wild Cards receive a +1 to Initiative from their technopathic links with their Cyclones.

Initiative order - Round 1, Action 1.
Sentry gun #1 (rapid-fire laser on the right) - 20 (and the motherless sentry guns roll a Natural 20 for their Initiative roll...)
Sentry gun #2 (rapid-fire laser on the left) - Firing on Hercules
Sentry gun #3 (cannon on ceiling) - Firing on Mario
Sentry gun #4 (floor-mounted cannon) - Firing on Mario
Toph - 15 (using both of the Twins)
Hercules - 13 (using the Thundercracker plus Sam's Aegis)
Elinor - 11 (using Centurion plus Sam's Aegis)
Cera - 7 (rolled a 3, but her Natural Talent provides her a +3 to Initiative, carrying her to a 7. Using Centurion plus Sam's Aegis)
Mario - 6 (what is it with Mario going last again? =) Using the Thundercracker plus Sam's Aegis)

Technopolis note for all: Weapons - Small Arms and Heavy Weapons (REF) in Technopolis has been changed to Weapons - Small Arms and Heavy Weapons (UEEF including SCL-107 Broadsword). "Spaceman Sam's Impromptu Cyclone Aegis" has been added to this thread in Technopolis. =)

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie
Toph carefully lines up her attack over the shoulders of the walking wall in front of her, sending her thought out through the Nexus, "Targeting the ones on the left! Firing!" With that, she opens up with a double blast of bursts from the Twins at her selected target.

I am not certain what Toph's target is?

The hallway is 20 feet (6.1 m) high, 20 feet wide and about 150 feet (46 m) down. The possible targets are...

"...and four guns suddenly emerge from hidden compartments mounted in the floor, walls, and ceiling toward the far end of the hallway. It appears that the two burst-capable laser weapons come out of the walls while the other pair of guns come out of the floor and ceiling." (ellipsis mine)

There is only one target on the left (a laser cannon). But Toph mentions the "ones" on the left?

I'll edit my post above for a little more clarity and let me know which number gun you want Toph to try for? =)

And just in case I need to make it official here, Mario is going for a Parry with the shield.

With Mario's technical background, can I make an estimate of just how durable these guns are? How much hurt will it take to blast them to bits?

It's a neat idea, but it depends. He's in a nearly-blinding hallway filled with enemy fire and the guns are 150 feet away. He can make a roll if he uses his next action for it; otherwise, I'd say he's too busy and the guns are being far from cooperative.

Indeed. Too bad I don't have another couple of nukes to drop on their heads to teach them a lesson.

Speaking normally is just about impossible. You will have to shout if you want any chance at being heard audibly.
Good thing we don't have to physically speak to communicate with each other, huh? ^;3^

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Cap'n? Are you able to post? If not, I'll just have Herc attempt a Parry.

Sherwood Sherwood In Mario's attempts to Parry the cannon blasts, he will have to make two Saving Throws vs. Pain (with increased difficulty to the standard Saving Throw of 14 or higher) to keep his Aegis up. Not to get you to spend Action Points, but do you want to spend one on either Parry attempt (I think it's only fair that I ask before I make the roll)?

In case it comes up, PCs can only spend one Action Point at a time, so he can make one Saving Throw or the other, but not both. If you decide to, let me know if you want none, the first hit, or the second, please.

I'll go ahead and use an Action Point on the second roll, since it has the larger modifier to it.

Heya, D. Rex D. Rex - short update on my end: Just gave the last post another read, and I think I can get a reply up if you'd prefer me to move things forward instead. Two problems with that: First, you might have something cooked up already, then I'd happily wait for it. Secondly, it takes away the opportunity for Rick to give any kind of reaction before Trouble makes his appearance. I don't like restricting other people's options, so that's the reason why I thought it'd be better for you to go first. Probably should've given that kind of reasoning in the last post, rather than saying "hey Rex, mind to move us forward?". Oh well...

Purr Purr On a completely different note: I'll grab the stuff that I left behind. Just clarifying that here because I just remembered it, and might not do that any longer when I actually post. But I like free stuff, in particular my own free stuff. I'm kind of proud that I actually crossed out the survival kit on my character sheet when I dropped it, I'm terrible at keeping sheets up to date... never give me the mission-deciding devices, team, I might forget to write it down...

Purr Purr On a completely different note: I'll grab the stuff that I left behind. Just clarifying that here because I just remembered it, and might not do that any longer when I actually post. But I like free stuff, in particular my own free stuff. I'm kind of proud that I actually crossed out the survival kit on my character sheet when I dropped it, I'm terrible at keeping sheets up to date... never give me the mission-deciding devices, team, I might forget to write it down...

Terrific! I've learned that keeping my character sheets organized is a lot better than not doing so. One leads to smoother gaming, the other leads to bonking myself on the head. Best of all, it's a good habit to keep. When you want it, it's there. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back