• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yes indeed. =)

2. I'm glad you remembered, because I had forgotten that part (and I doubt I would have caught it). =)

3a. That depends on a great deal of things. Like (if I read you rightly) how well that itch is attached the hull of the Jezebel and if it explodes first (which given the altitude and speed, Ricky won't have time to reach the body of water).

Ricky survives the Prologue, definitely, but I'm afraid ol' Jezebel has no such guarantee. Keep the questions coming if you have them. =)

1. Yes indeed. =)

2. I'm glad you remembered, because I had forgotten that part (and I doubt I would have caught it). =)

3a. That depends on a great deal of things. Like (if I read you rightly) how well that itch is attached the hull of the Jezebel and if it explodes first (which given the altitude and speed, Ricky won't have time to reach the body of water).

Ricky survives the Prologue, definitely, but I'm afraid ol' Jezebel has no such guarantee. Keep the questions coming if you have them. =)

2 Sad times! Could have really used then right now.

3a That assuming current speed of terminal velocity? Or assuming both engines are running?

Oooh! There is one other idea. Let it get real close... then slam on the air breaks! And let it pass or break its face.

And going to do all I can to save Jezebel!

None of the PCs in either game have been killed, in part because they worked together.
I'm just dropping in to point out that this is true for this iteration of Sharseya, but we have lost PCs before in previous ones -- frequently from not working together. ^;3^ (Sometimes just from poor luck, but that can happen anywhere and we try to mitigate it by the teamwork!)

3a. Current situation. Ricky's dive began somewhere around 40,000 feet. At this stage, he's approximately at 20,000 feet above the water. That's almost four miles. This thing is about three actions away from hitting him.

Ricky doesn't have the time.

3a. Current situation. Ricky's dive began somewhere around 40,000 feet. At this stage, he's approximately at 20,000 feet above the water. That's almost four miles. This thing is about three actions away from hitting him.

Ricky doesn't have the time.
How many seconds is in one action?

That depends on the number of actions the character has. 1 round equals 15 seconds, so a character with 5 actions per round has 3 seconds to each action.

Mind you, this is a rule I have learned that is best kept mutable. I'm not going to count out each and every second the character is doing something, I have better things to do than be that nitpicky. =)

(Besides, that way lies Madness. =))

That depends on the number of actions the character has. 1 round equals 15 seconds, so a character with 5 actions per round has 3 seconds to each action.

Mind you, this is a rule I have learned that is best kept mutable. I'm not going to count out each and every second the character is doing something, I have better things to do than be that nitpicky. =)

(Besides, that way lies Madness. =))
No worries! I'm fine with that! Was just running some numbers in how far I could get. At best, could probably reach the water but not have room for much else. But given the need to get the port engine back on for that, wouldnt make it.

Looks like Ricky is gonna have to go Guardian.

So... action for attempting to reengage port engine. Action for transform. Action for fire.

Does that sound doable in a post?

I have to say - it's great to see the disaster from an entirely different perspective. Apart from that: My plan to post tonight didn't quite work out, got to spend some quality time with an old friend of mine instead. Got the post on my list of cool things to do this week-end, though =)

Looks like Ricky is gonna have to go Guardian.

So... action for attempting to reengage port engine. Action for transform. Action for fire.

Does that sound doable in a post?

No, D.. For I would be robbing you of an action if I agreed. =)

In my games, a veritech may transform once per action as a free action, but only on the PCs turn. Therefore, Ricky will receive two tries with his GU-11 gun pod instead of one.

I have to say - it's great to see the disaster from an entirely different perspective. Apart from that: My plan to post tonight didn't quite work out, got to spend some quality time with an old friend of mine instead. Got the post on my list of cool things to do this week-end, though =)

I am enjoying the perspective changes too. They are fun to write! When I was first creating Ricky's Prologue, I had the large benefit of D.'s own writing in the Conversation we share. In it, D. asked if I were interested in Ricky's last adventure with his Blue Hares squadron (or "Blue Harem" when they were feeling naughty).

What self-respecting GM would say no to that? =)

Then Sil accepted my invitation to join and here I was with two Prologues to create. Well, what about Ricky's mysterious VIP? D. had shown a clear interest in getting back together with this person, whomever she was.

And then it struck me! Why not make this person Ylva? And what would make her a VIP that the ASC would want back very badly? Well, what if she saw something that she was not supposed to see? And what if that something were discovered by the ASC but not in its entirety? Like the battlefield where her SUV was?

ASC would want her back badly enough to send a team like Ricky's after her.

And that's where we are now. =)

* * *​

Sil, I'm glad you took the time to see an old friend over playing a game with people you have never met. Old friends are like gems - the longer you have them, the more sentimental you get over them. There was a time when you were strangers, now you are priceless to that person and vice versa.

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Heya Gang! I hope to post for the main game either tonight or tomorrow. =)

Okies. I think I'm way too beat. Tomorrow it is. In the meantime, enjoy this nice piece from Art of Noise. =)

"Something Always Happens (Doc Scott Remix)" by Art of Noise

Read in-game first then the spoiler! =)

And here are some alerts for those of you (besides me) who have alert-issues too. Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood

So! Here comes this tight left turn that takes your characters in a downward fashion. At 35 mph, you're fine, but 50 requires know-how or Technopathy or both. Due to how skills and Technopathy work, Mario and Hercules do not require a roll. Toph, Elinor, and Cera (if she comes with you) certainly do. Failing this roll means losing speed at the minimum or dumping the bike and falling off of it in your character's mega-suit at the worst (because I'm not one of those meanie GMs that will say one character's mistake makes your whole squadron eat concrete). =)

Fair warning! =)

It's percentile. Do you still want me to roll the white dice for Toph?

Out of fairness, I cannot tell you the exact number (if memory serves, I haven't given out a target number for skill checks since the game started; just saying).

The task is somewhere between simple and moderate difficulty, considerably lowered because you are driving Cyclones and you guys have used your Technopathy to merge with them. =)

I'd like to make a roll as well, but no action point. Elinor has faith in her ability (and her new bond with the Cyclone).

Update: Added "(What's in a) Survival Pack thread in Technopolis. I'm sure inquiring Silanon Silanon -type people want to know (not to mention the rest of you if it ever comes up). =)

In the Core book, there is a page listing the contents of a standard UEEF survival pack. It is somewhere in the section describing the Cyclones. That could be a good place to start.

Thanks, Sherwood! I had forgotten about that information. I may have to combine the two to get the kind of kit I want in the game.

D. Rex D. Rex Post as Ricky or I start finding YouTube videos with Ricky in them to remind you! =)

"Ricky" by Weird Al Yankovic. I believe it was Sherwood who introduced me to this!

D. Rex D. Rex

"Never Going To Give You Up" by Rick Astley. Enjoy the Rick-roll! Ha ha! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back