• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Also, does anyone else really love their speech-to-text option on their phone?) =)
Personally, I like the good old 'press the damn button four times to get a z out there' - I'm old fashioned like that. Well, not really, but I never had a reason to switch phones, thing's just so damn reliable.
This made me smile
Mission accomplished, we can go home now, team... well, not really, I gotta catch up in the IC thread, but you know - figuratively speaking...

As a nurse myself, this stuck out to me:
"5. Remove the oropharyngeal airway once the morphine seemed to take effect while getting Shirley strapped onboard one of the Super Stealth Logans."
In a casualty situation, respiratory adjuncts (OP tubes, NP tubes, ET tubes) should not be removed until the patient is conscious and able to maintain an open airway. The side effects of phenergan (promethazine as I know it to be called) on muscles means that Shirley's tongue potentially occluding her airway is a reasonable risk. The journey in CasEvac will not be smooth and she, due to the cockpit, won't be closely monitored or easily accessed if she does occlude her airway. My assessment: leave the tube in until she's under full medical supervision.

Captain Hesperus

Thanks, Cap'n! As a non-nurse writing about something I've never before performed nor witnessed, I bow humbly and immediately to your experience. Thank you for pointing that out! What specifically does CasEvac mean please? I see the "Evac" as probably meaning Evacuation in there? Also, would there be anything else Toph would be doing (like probably asking Hercules as the strongest of you to get Shirley into the Logan)? =)

For anyone interested, here are the thoughts going through my (Gamemaster, non-nurse!) head during that scene!

I thought "If Shirley leaves with Toph's oropharyngeal airway, then what happens in-game if Toph needs it later?" LIke her medical bag, I thought I might be taking something from Toph she might need later (and with these dice sometimes, you never know! I didn't want to be the one later to say, "Sorry, Psychie, you can't use that to save so-and-so PC because you gave it to Shirley.").

In my head, I imagined Shirley to be closely monitored by robot Sam during the ride. All mecha in Robotech: Broadsword are two-seaters with the Logan's seats side-by-side (think car-based SUV, so folks can touch easily), with the Logan mostly on autopilot, and medically-capable Sam able to watch her the whole time. Also, I thought the Super Logans being stealth-capable and much smaller than the Valkyries would be smoothest ride possible. For atmosphere, I used this Wikipedia page as reference. I find myself a little proud that that was the only thing that stuck out was what you mentioned, Cap'n (instead of me really flubbing it and reading, "Oh, Dann? Morphine doesn't come in candy-flavored Ricola drops and Shirley can't swallow that anyway. What iz you thinking?" Ha ha!)! =)

Purr Purr

Would the radio and radar of the Valkyrie still work?

And is it possible to hail the Logan or is everything in an open frequency?

Summary of the last few moments: I read the Dann's last post, but it didn't ring a bell at all. Went to 'what happened next', searched the posts there for 'Iris', and found the name. Now I actually know whom our wise kitten is referring to... or in other words, thanks for taking the time for that thread, it's proving to be helpful =)

Purr Purr

Would the radio and radar of the Valkyrie still work?

And is it possible to hail the Logan or is everything in an open frequency?

One thing at a time, good D.. Let me get Ylva's Prologue started here then we can get back to Ricky's. And don't worry; I don't intend to have him hanging out of Jezebel too long! Hah! =)

D. Rex D. Rex Which reminds me - don't you have one more skill to choose (or mark "Undecided") for Ricky? Also, did he want more personal items beyond the fishing gear?

One thing at a time, good D.. Let me get Ylva's Prologue started here then we can get back to Ricky's. And don't worry; I don't intend to have him hanging out of Jezebel too long! Hah! =)
Lol have him there as long as you need. Was just curious was all.

D. Rex D. Rex Which reminds me - don't you have one more skill to choose (or mark "Undecided") for Ricky? Also, did he want more personal items beyond the fishing gear?

Do I? If I did I forgot about it! I'll go check.

And yes! Got to add those things too.

Silanon Silanon Heya Silly Sil! Ylva's prologue is up! Have a good time with it! =)

1. Post! =)

2. Begin Silanon's character's prologue. (100% of intro complete)

3. Begin D. Rex's character's prologue. (100% of intro complete)

4. Introduce Cover Rating rules (or Cover 2.0 if you like the term).

5. Create a Conversation that at least briefly outlines some of Broadsword's NPCs (33% complete). =)

Woo! Almost done! =)

OP tubes are pretty small:
Airway04_Guedel%20sizing.jpg

So a field medical kit could easily have two or three bundled together (possibly of different sizes), but therein lies the inherent weakness of field medical kits. They are limited in their supplies, but the entire pack can be discarded and another acquired. It's not inconcievable that most mecha would have something comparable, since modern warmachines have medical kits as part of their crew's stowage.

Also, CasEvac is Casualty Evacuation rather than Medical Evacuation, a more specific term for evacuating a casualty in a non-medical vehicle (for example in an IFV rather than an armored ambulance or medical aircraft). In a MedEvac, there would be a dedicated Combat Medic attending casualties, where as CasEvac you'd likely have a Combat Life Saver (a soldier with basic medical training) shitting himself and pressing field dressings to sucking chest wounds.

Captain Hesperus

I like the design and color of that tube. Thanks for explaining, Cap'n! Perhaps your characters want to start stowing (stuffing?) these things alongside your survival gear and weapon inside your mecha's little storage unit? =)

Most modern soldiers have at least an IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) as part of their gear, usually to attend to themselves or their ‘battle buddies’ in a fire fight when the unit’s medic or CLS are not close by.
Captain Hesperus

Yeah, I remember reading about those! Like the Marines in Fallujah and how sometimes they used tampons to help with blood loss from shrapnel and bullet wounds (I keep a strong collection of first-hand accounts from Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan that serves to both satisfy personal curiosity and add a layer of "fun-ness" to our RPGs). =)

For the sake of fairness, the Wild Cards have what they have on their character sheets, but that does not mean you can't change that up upon your return to the Broadsword. I mean, have at within reason! =)

Well to that degree, would the future folk of the Broadsword have some futurized goodies like minor first aid advancements that the present robotech time does not have?

The crew has a lot more than just minor advancements available to them, but it's all on the Broadsword proper, specifically in its medbay. I take it medical kits from both times are basically the same (at least as far as the role-playing game is concerned). While logic suggests medical advancements from the time of Shadow Chronicles should be superior to that of the year 2025, I can't say that I know of any changes or improvements in medical kits from Masters Saga Sourcebook.

Does anyone have any concrete data from Palladium that shows otherwise? I'll be glad to read it!

1. Post! =)
2. Begin Silanon's character's prologue. (100% of intro complete)
3. Begin D. Rex's character's prologue. (100% of intro complete)
4. Introduce Cover Rating rules (or Cover 2.0 if you like the term).

5. Create a Conversation that at least briefly outlines some of Broadsword's NPCs (100% complete). Changed to Thread Collaboration in My Private Workshop. =)

Done! Hooray! 8D

About the medkits:
"... may resurrect 1d6 friendly companions who are dead for no longer than twelve hours..." Now my imagination isn't quite 'concrete data' in your sense, but that does sound about right, doesn't it?

On a more serious and relevant note: Meant to say a few things. In no particular order... thanks for the insights, Cap'n, I have basically no clue about first aid, or the things beyond it, so it's great to get to know a little more about it... great introductory post, Dann, I hope to get a response up this evening or tomorrow, but we shall see... a random invitation to someone else's workshop showed up, didn't even know that's possible - and there's cool stuff within, thanks for sharing... and because I write it eventually here, might as well do it now: The forth Advent and all three Christmas holidays are reserved for family activities this year - doesn't mean I won't be online in-between, or won't respond when I get just the right idea for a post, but you know -might be gone for those days, so just figured I'd mention it.

Something I'm curious about!

Can humans easily, through visual means, distinguish between micronized Zentraedi and humans?

About the medkits:
"... may resurrect 1d6 friendly companions who are dead for no longer than twelve hours..." Now my imagination isn't quite 'concrete data' in your sense, but that does sound about right, doesn't it?

Hah! =)

Something I'm curious about!

Can humans easily, through visual means, distinguish between micronized Zentraedi and humans?

Concerning physical characteristics only (as opposed to cultural details like body language, accents, use of language, habits, etc.), I think it depends on several factors, but mostly upon the micronized Zentraedi's features and how human or inhuman those may seem. Cera, for example, has red-brown hair. No big deal among humans, right? But upon closer inspection, she also has red-brown eyes. Now what human has those? =)

Some micronized Zentraedi are obvious, some fit right in with humans. Because they were very likely raised on Earth with human interaction, part-Zentraedi or Meltrandi tend to have a much easier time fitting in than their full-blooded parents or counterparts.

Other factors include the education level and perception ability of the human attempting the distinguishing. Someone with a background in science (xenobiology) or even better, technical (Lore: Zentraedi) might pick a micronized Zentraedi out of a crowd without even listening to them speak while a person familiar with the language might overhear them and catch an accent. Best yet, someone with both skills and experience could probably pick out the average micronized Zentraedi with only a few clues while the average person might not know what to look for.

Finally, I think it also depends on the Zentraedi or Meltrandi they're looking at. If they can pass for a human, are they trying to hide their alien nature? If so, how well are they able to do that (via skills and natural talent, situation, etc.)? Does their clothing, mannerisms, or emotional behavior aid or harm their ability to be noticed?

Hmm! That got kind of deep rather quickly, didn't it? =)

It certainly did =)

Got a few things about the prologue. First of all: Damn, it's a tough nut to crack. Like, I went through a number of diffferent things I can come up with, and there's not a single one (yet) that feels like the right thing to do. Feels like every option gets me to a place where I really don't want to be... well done. Apart from that: A few questions.
- the Logan is usually a 1-seater, but the houserules thankfully change that; imagine poor Ylva without this splendid companion... that does, however, mean that the picture in the Logan thread is likely not correct, right? I know that the seats are next to each other, for reasons that our paramedic just demonstrated; how far apart are they? I'd assume close enough that he can reach me without much movement. Similar to this? Or closer? Picture is a Boeing, from faz.net.
1576270843846.png
Is there something in-between, comparable to the handbrake in a car, or is there just empty air?

- may I assume that, after the Logan got hit, the pilot has better things to do with his hand than to keep it anywhere close to Ylva? He'd immediately feel her sudden tension, otherwise.

- does the gas at the end of the first part have other qualities, apart from the color? Smell, perhaps? Doubt it'd play a major role in my immediate post, but might be interesting for later. Of course, it might have knocked her out before she noticed, just curious =)

- clothing/equipment - I'd probably have to take a few valuable seconds to see what I'm working with, right? Personal guess would be same clothes as when she went unconcious, no equipment whatsoever, but who knows. Don't tell me if I'm not supposed to know yet =)

- grogginess and a weird voice in her head is all she notices in terms of medical condition, right? On a scale from 0 to 10, how fit would she feel, with 10 being the usual condition? Some time should've passed in-between, given the post for Ricky; and the gas was strong enough to keep her out of commision until now, or she got a dose of something else on top of that...

Think that's all for now, apart from the crows. Just gotta mention this here: Once a week, I'm exiting at that particular subway station, and there are a couple of trees right in front of it. These days, it's pretty much exactly sunset when I get there, so that's right the moment when a flock of crows returns from somewhere to sit down in those trees. Or at least, I think those are crows, not a zoologist. A little surreal, like you're somewhere else for a moment... I'll let you know when I spot Zentraedi there as well...

Got a few things about the prologue. First of all: Damn, it's a tough nut to crack. Like, I went through a number of diffferent things I can come up with, and there's not a single one (yet) that feels like the right thing to do. Feels like every option gets me to a place where I really don't want to be... well done.

Why, thank you, Sil! =)

that does, however, mean that the picture in the Logan thread is likely not correct, right?

Correct! All of the mecha in Broadsword are two-seaters unless otherwise specified. The artwork is there for reference and because it provides a clearer picture of what the cockpits should look like otherwise.

Is there something in-between, comparable to the handbrake in a car, or is there just empty air?

I imagine the console between the pilot and co-pilot has nothing like the handbrake. My guess is that there are switches for the sake of convenience like light switches. Nothing important that can be bumped accidentally and throw the aircraft off.

(Moar incoming)

(Sorry. My phone decided to Post Reply before I was ready.)

may I assume that, after the Logan got hit, the pilot has better things to do with his hand than to keep it anywhere close to Ylva

Yes! "Pilot Jerk-face" now has more important things on his mind than Ylva's thigh. To tell me that, I feel, is good roleplaying on your part though. Thanks!

does the gas at the end of the first part have other qualities, apart from the color? Smell, perhaps?

Ylva would know that it was odorless and it began its work upon contact with skin. It did not need to be inhaled to function.

- clothing/equipment

Ylva believes she was wearing the same clothes she left Georgia Tech in. She has no idea where anything else like her purse might be.

grogginess and a weird voice in her head is all she notices in terms of medical condition, right? On a scale from 0 to 10, how fit would she feel, with 10 being the usual condition?

Since the weird voice in her head and her body's natural reaction to danger, she is right now about an 8 out of 10.

I'll let you know when I spot Zentraedi there as well...

Sil! Unless it turns out to be friendlies, I recommend you forget about posting and get your butt out of there if that happens! Ha ha! =)

Gang, I will try to post in game tonight for both the Wild Cards and Ricky's Prologue. =)

Silanon Silanon Oh! My phone posting for me distracted me from something else I wanted to add.

Since your character knows how to fly a Logan, if she wants to eject, there is nothing stopping her. She also knows doing so at 50,000 feet without a mega-suit is a bad idea.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe the human body can breathe without assistance up to about 5,000 to 8000 feet. Anything above 10,000 feet is bad news.

=) But that's okay, see, because Ylva is descending quite rapidly towards the Earth. Nothing to worry about! She'll be fine! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back