• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out, friend, it's all about the details: Dann's post only says that you'll survive, not your slightly better tin can - and it doesn't specify how you'll survive, either. Ricky might be stuck in some kind of anti-gravity field, surrounded by angry Malcontents who keep him alive for unknown plot reasons... that'd be quite a safe zone, wouldn't it? Good to get to know that kind of gm before you're stuck in the group part of the rp...

Needless to say, I've got slightly higher expectations than that, but I just, somehow, had that picture in mind. Sorry. Continue to be grateful, and avoid antigrav at all cost, just to be safe.

Yep to all of that! I planned on getting into more detail in the next post but... as Ricky will soon learn, Jezebel has no FASTPack, her right engine/leg is destroyed and on fire (remember all that smoke and HUD alerts?), her GU-11 is in good shape with at least 23 bursts remaining, no missiles, transformations are partially-compromised, and she's barely airworthy. But... she's still in one piece (mostly). =)

That's kind of what I meant when you asked in conversation if Ricky was going to be able to keep Jezebel. The answer is yes, but not as you might imagine! Heh!

As for not dying and prologues, yeah! It's something that you as a player can count on, but that doesn't mean your character has any idea If he's going to live or die! So I recommend role-playing accordingly! =)

Gang, Silanon's Prologue is about 40% done. If I'm lucky, I can get it done tomorrow. Also, I hope to get the Broadsword's NPC Gallery into conversation tomorrow too. That will get my week's worth of GMing goodies started or done and out of the way!

Ha ha! Sil, you are right in that it is important to pay attention to the details in my games. I'm a very detail-oriented player and person and those PCs like Kaerri watch my words closely sometimes pick out important details other players miss. =)

Note to self: Watch out for suspicious details. Just wrote it down in the workshop, right under 'don't mess up her name', because I changed it way too often during character creation.

Oh, and...
Gang, Silanon's Prologue is about 40% done. If I'm lucky, I can get it done tomorrow.
This sounds great, but... do me a favor and don't stress yourself. You know, I'm not planning to go anywhere (sorry, folks!), so there's really no need to hurry. Felt like that should be said once. Not that you need advice; just for my own peace of mind. I'm happy to wait a little longer, be as unlucky as you feel is needed

No worries about that, Sil! I have anticipated such technicalities. Which makes me all the more curious about how things will play out.

Yep to all of that! I planned on getting into more detail in the next post but... as Ricky will soon learn, Jezebel has no FASTPack, her right engine/leg is destroyed and on fire (remember all that smoke and HUD alerts?), her GU-11 is in good shape with at least 23 bursts remaining, no missiles, transformations are partially-compromised, and she's barely airworthy. But... she's still in one piece (mostly). =)

That's kind of what I meant when you asked in conversation if Ricky was going to be able to keep Jezebel. The answer is yes, but not as you might imagine! Heh!

As for not dying and prologues, yeah! It's something that you as a player can count on, but that doesn't mean your character has any idea If he's going to live or die! So I recommend role-playing accordingly! =)

Gang, Silanon's Prologue is about 40% done. If I'm lucky, I can get it done tomorrow. Also, I hope to get the Broadsword's NPC Gallery into conversation tomorrow too. That will get my week's worth of GMing goodies started or done and out of the way!
Lol I had actually taken what you said differently. About not as I imagine. Since I did imagine him being left with a wreck. But certainly wasnt anticipating him flying it again soon after getting to the Milo. Expectation subverted.

And yup, was definitely worried it would still be on fire. His only hope there would be the altitude making oxygen scarce. Unless the Valkyrie has some emergency fire suppression system for such cases.

The loss of an engine/leg would definitely make flight tricky and off balance. I dont see any statistics regarding loss of an engine in the MDC asterisks, but I cant imagine it being something that can be ignored.

And for the weapons, he should also at least have the nose lasers, and sensor head lasers.

And cant imagine transformation not being painful at this point. Or easy to remain steady in the air with one leg.

But! Barely airworthy is still airworthy.

And no worries there! About him believing he is in life or death. He will most certainly be aware of that. Lol he is well beyond a grin and bravado at this point. But then again, there is also sister in arms in trouble. And five good pilots didnt sacrifice themselves just to have her be kidnapped.

Lol and I love details, when I notice them (my mind gets occasionally scatterbrained when I read in a hurry)

Though i do have the luck of zoning in on ones that dont actually matter. Then pick apart every useless detail to see how I can use it, only to ignore the shotgun pointed at my characters face.

Purr Purr , I will happily take the white dice for my Medical Doctor roll, and I'll also give my Holistic Medicine a go of it, with the benefit of an Action Point to both rolls to see if there may be something in my bag that can help our Leader Mack.

Ah, first Toph must return to the physical world and to Shirley's side. I recommend you take a peek into Shop Talk to remind yourself on how Action Points may be used? =)

It's one point per single roll. No more than one Action Point can be spent per action.

Furthermore, I don't believe Holistic Medicine will apply here as it appears Toph is focusing on using the ASC Unit One Pack as opposed to natural materials found in the woods (that Toph doesn't have time to go find)? However, as always, I'm open to correction if you can tell me how she's going about it! =)

Finally, the Medical Doctor skill requires two rolls. The first is for a proper diagnosis, the second for treatment. Which of the two do you want to assign the Action Point bonus to, please?

This sounds great, but... do me a favor and don't stress yourself.

Sil, you are fantastic! It is so nice that you care (because not everyone in the world does)!

The truth is, all of this roleplaying as a very welcome distraction an addition to my life! It has been getting me something to do besides focus solely on my career and my life outside of roleplaying (which are doing wonderfully, just busy).

If I found this stressful, I'd be letting you know. I try to be good at communicating these things! Hah!

Unless the Valkyrie has some emergency fire suppression system for such cases.

It does not. However, there is something I've been wanting to bring up - in your original story, it seemed that Ricky was wearing a flight suit with a helmet attached most of the time (like in Macross the Movie). In the first Robotech War, that's what Valkyrie pilots used.

In the ASC, TASC pilots use Mega-damage armor I call "Mega-suits." These suits are found in what we'll check Masters Saga sourcebook and are completely environmentally shielded with their own oxygen system and other very nice goodies to have at high altitudes.

However, because it was your story, I did not want to intrude so I'm figuring Ricky is using one of the old pilot suits (perhaps because they are more comfortable or he is a little old-fashioned in that sense?).

Whatever the case, it won't be long until after the start of the game that Ricky will be in a mega-suit and therefore much better protected than he is now. =)

It does not. However, there is something I've been wanting to bring up - in your original story, it seemed that Ricky was wearing a flight suit with a helmet attached most of the time (like in Macross the Movie). In the first Robotech War, that's what Valkyrie pilots used.

In the ASC, TASC pilots use Mega-damage armor I call "Mega-suits." These suits are found in what we'll check Masters Saga sourcebook and are completely environmentally shielded with their own oxygen system and other very nice goodies to have at high altitudes.

However, because it was your story, I did not want to intrude so I'm figuring Ricky is using one of the old pilot suits (perhaps because they are more comfortable or he is a little old-fashioned in that sense?).

Whatever the case, it won't be long until after the start of the game that Ricky will be in a mega-suit and therefore much better protected than he is now. =)

I see! Very good to know. That detail was based on my own ignorance then. But I could indeed see him choosing something a bit more comfortable. But I can easy have said he was in a mega suit.

And a point of note! There is very little that I can't adjust or change to fix things. Big or small. I dont see things like that as destructive to a char. So by all means, intrude as you see fit, point out wrong things, or details I'm not fully aware of. And I shall do my best to make it work! And still have fun trying to make Ricky still be Ricky.

(Also, does anyone else really love their speech-to-text option on their phone?) =)

be as unlucky as you feel is needed
This made me smile ^33^

Purr Purr
Where are we? Elinor was going to lead everyone back to the physical world once they'd signaled their readiness, but no one did before your post, and I can't tell if we skipped that or postponed it.

The Wild Cards are in the Blue World beside their Cyclones. This is about as reasonably safe as they can be. One word from Elinor and they will be back in the physical world. =)

OK. I've edited my last post then.

Toph will use her Action Point towards Treatment, since her Diagnosis skill roll is pretty dang high. I'll mark it off my sheet now.

Psychie - O.K.!

That was clear enough, but to Elinor's trying-not-to-be-frazzled brain, it conflicted with his earlier order.

Which earlier order of Colonel Sharp's is Elinor referring to, please?

He told her the rescue was now her mission, which she took to mean that they were continuing on the original plan with Elinor as lead. Then she thought he said to come back with the Valkyries and the Logans, which confused her. (Also me.)

Ah! I see where I goofed up! This is what I get for posting while not at home. I have edited the post.

Sharp wants the Wild Cards to rescue the recovery team in Veracruz while the Sams take Shirley using the Logans back to the Broadsword.

That first line with the Valkyries was supposed to be Logans, too. Sorry about that! =)

Once she is back to her own body with the usual disorientation gone, Toph makes a run for her Ajax to grab her medical bag. Rushing back to Mack's side, she opens up her bag and begins to check vitals on the other woman. Brain Burn is a topic that was never gone over in medical school! I hardly know what to do to treat this! Best I might be able to do for her now is to sedate her and let the Sams get her back to the Broadsword ASAP.

Psychie Psychie I appreciate your enthusiasm (really!), but...

1. I've never deprived a medically-specialized character their bag while in a mega-suit (like Hitomi) and I'm not going to start now. =) In other words, feel free to roleplay Toph as having her bag on her person whenever she is in her mega-suit unless you specifically state otherwise. (I'm not going to make Toph run to her vehicle every time she needs it.) =)

2. I haven't rolled yet (I need dinner first). Please allow me some time to post next before Toph finds out the results of her Medical Doctor roll? =) For now, perhaps say that Toph joins Shirley by the Cyclones? I'll try to post tonight (again, after some time at our stove and table). =)

EDIT: There we go. That was a challenging scene to write! I just love role-playing. =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back