• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not even remotely familiar with the Blue World. What I can gleam from it, is a feel. An inaccurate picture, maybe, but as I sort of see it, it is like a machine/organic inversion of the world. Where program is made carnate, and reality made metaphysical. And that the rules of the world are more allegorical, and what is truly happening is not something humans can comprehend, and what is described is the best translation human senses can offer of the world.

So here is my speculation.

Trust your instincts. You are in a zone beyond comprehension, yet you have an affinity for it. Your subconscious may know many things about the place that you dont.

Embrace the world and its rules, should you discover them. Flow, dont resist.

Be mindful, observant and aware. Search for patterns so you may find an anchor point of understanding.

Mario should call out to the cyclones. He knows them. Hes touched them and used them. Try to remember what he felt, if anything, when he used them.

That is my thoughts! As speculative as they may be.

No worries, Sherwood!

D. Rex! Holy whoa, man! Your advice is deep, mind-blowing, and terrific! For someone who doesn't know about the Blue World, you have certainly been paying attention and you haven't even started the game yet! I love it! =)

And Gang? In Conversation, our "Sharp-eyed Sil" asked this question.
And another question: per house rule, the strike bonus for WP's is the same for all weapons - knives still get their parry bonus as usual, right?

This is a great catch I never clarified this because I didn't think to and it never came up until now. The House Rule (House Rule: Skills - Weapon Proficiencies (W.Ps) scale at the same rate of experience.) now reads:

All Weapon Proficiencies that provide bonuses receive +1 bonus to Strike at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15. All Ancient W.P.s that gain Parry bonuses accrue them at the same rate (thanks, Sil!).
Reasoning: This has saved me from having to remember which W.P. levels up and when. On top of that, I really like the idea of having that +1 to Strike happen at the level of skill selection (as opposed to having to wait an entire experience level to see a bonus). I will be adding that to Shop Talk. Thanks to Sherwood for bringing up the subject (Fat Gandalf's OOC, Chapter 2, post #90). =)

No worries, Sherwood!

D. Rex! Holy whoa, man! Your advice is deep, mind-blowing, and terrific! For someone who doesn't know about the Blue World, you have certainly been paying attention and you haven't even started the game yet! I love it! =)

And Gang? In Conversation, our "Sharp-eyed Sil" asked this question.

This is a great catch I never clarified this because I didn't think to and it never came up until now. The House Rule (House Rule: Skills - Weapon Proficiencies (W.Ps) scale at the same rate of experience.) now reads:

All Weapon Proficiencies that provide bonuses receive +1 bonus to Strike at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15. All Ancient W.P.s that gain Parry bonuses accrue them at the same rate (thanks, Sil!).
Reasoning: This has saved me from having to remember which W.P. levels up and when. On top of that, I really like the idea of having that +1 to Strike happen at the level of skill selection (as opposed to having to wait an entire experience level to see a bonus). I will be adding that to Shop Talk. Thanks to Sherwood for bringing up the subject (Fat Gandalf's OOC, Chapter 2, post #90). =)

Lol as much as I would like to take praise as a model player, no. I haven't even read up on it and only did a glance at recent posts. My attention has been cursory at best.

Was simply talking out my butt!

Kaerri: I feel sorry for the door.
Dannigan: I wasn't expecting that...
Kaerri: Well, it's like, "I was a door. I am a door no more. [Sadness.] My protocol dictates I assist the authorized with directions. [Hopefulness!] Traveler, do you require directions?" *with arms outstretched as if for a hug* It's so lonely and it's not even a door anymore! Poor door.

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Heya Gang! Somehow we never covered starting credits, did we? Well, everyone's starting with an amount equal to double their O.C.C.'s monthly salary.

So, Mario and Hercules start with 3,600 credits and Elinor and Toph start with 4,400 credits. Shirley, being your squadron leader, makes more than this (which she needs to replace her entire wardrobe except for what's in the trunk of her car thanks to the apartment fire) and Cera comes from a people who do not use money, so she does not start with any. =)

Update: I have added Veritech Pilot Officer to the list of O.C.C.s that start with 2 extra "Other" Skills (for a total of 4) instead of zero! This change has been in place for years now (Elinor has it), but I realized I had not made the change in Shop Talk.

Sherwood Sherwood After Sherwood posts once more as Mario, we'll have Toph and Elinor's turn. =)

So... who will lead the Wild Cards in Shirley's absence? Hint: It won't be Trouble or Cera!

Mario is most definitely not wanting that job. Giving orders are for those above his pay grade.

I'm just interested in learning the details of the Cyclones! One of you ladies can take the reins of this mad bunch!

Whatever!

Back to the subject of who's going to be in charge of this team, I guess its up to either Toph or Elinor, since Mario is only enlisted and will have a complex giving orders to a pair of officers.

Kaerri Kaerri Do you have a preference on this?

Not really. I keep thinking Shirley did say something about it once, but Dann doesn't remember that happening and I haven't tried looking for it yet. (And I can't remember who she said, if she said anything.)

Do you have a preference?

Hell, lets let Trouble be in charge! Nothing bad could possibly go wrong then! Right?

I love watching Sherwood and Psychie go back and forth on who would make the better Pope! =)

As for the leadership conversation, I faintly remember it coming up (or something similar to it), but I cannot remember for the life of me what the outcome was.

As for Trouble, if the Broadsword suddenly takes on the role of a giant-sized fishing trawler going back and forth over the Gulf of Mexico catching fish, I'll know who's been put in charge. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back