• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly, I missed the alert for Sunday's post but got one for yesterday's. Weird alerts are weird. Maybe it's sitting in another tab on my computer...?

Alerts be acting funky!

Kaerri Kaerri The force the Wild Cards is attacking is a separate force from the ones the Ajaxes are attacking (this was mentioned prior in the story). =)

Just making sure that there are no one out here shooting at Elinor and Toph as they go inside the bunker/farmhouse.

I'll change my post when I get home, then, or just remove it since it's short and entirely mistaken?

Up to you. You see how often I make mistakes. Don't think for a minute you're alone in that, Kaerri-darlin'. =)

I'll just remove it -- I'm not up next, and the wrong information was literally all that was in my post ^;3^

Initiative order (Round 1, Action 1) - Male Power Armor "Bogies 4 and 5" are 1,300 and 1,400 feet away):

Toph (Gunner) - 19 (blasted Bogie #4 for 30 M.D.)
Cera (Driver - Battloid mode with good concealment) - 16 (nailed Bogie #4 for 50 M.D.)
Elinor (Gunner) - 14 (missed with EU-13 against Bogie #4)
Mack (Pilot - Guardian mode) - 13 (missed with 4 SRMs against Bogie #4, dodged Bogie #5, is airborne) [2]
Mario (Driver - Battloid mode with good concealment) - 9 (missed with Blaster Cannon against Bogie #4)

Mario and/or Toph have a defense to declare and then it's Psychie's turn with Toph. Note: Seeing as the missiles are coming from some ways away (and are on everyone's radars really), this is a situation in which the other Wild Cards could use an action up to help defend the Toothgnashers and those inside of it (and get creative). If you need details on what I mean, let me know. =)

Last edited:
I'd like to have Elinor try to shoot some of those missiles down, but I'm not sure which weapon would be best for the job. Thoughts?

Missile vs. missile is the best route to go. It gives a 75% chance of wiping out the whole shebang.

If only the Mjolnirs had missiles... :P

Guess I'll go with the EU-13 for the strike bonus, then. And Purr Purr , I'd like to use an action point as well. Do I need to fire a separate strike for each one I'm trying to hit, or is this a one-shot thing?

Kaerri Kaerri The Mjolnirs are armed with rockets and they serve the same purpose as missiles; they just don't have computer-guidance and therefore are not fooled by chaff or flares. A single rocket will suffice for the attempt.

It's a one-shot thing and because it is a Called Shot, using an Action Point is wise. See Shop Talk. Which would Elinor like to use? Guns or rocket?

Ah. In that case, and since the bonus to strike won't matter unless she meets the Called Shot target anyway, she'll use a rocket, again with Action Point.

I think I'll go with a HEAP rocket in case of minimal damage. Medium-range missiles having 10 MDC and HEAPs doing a minimum of 10, if I'm reading that right? Or do I need the extra 2 feet of radius that a High-Explosive would give me (knowing I could still do 10 MDC if I rolled 2 on the damage)?

The rules don't get specific when it comes to blast radius. All missiles are pretty much treated the same; just do enough damage to take out the first incoming missile in the volley and hope the dice are on your side. If you have any worry about not destroying the first missile, then shoot two rockets simultaneously. =)

Two High-Explosives, then. I've got a lot more of those to play with.

So, I break out the yellow d20 and d6 (as that's Kaerri's color of choice) and give 'em a roll to see how Elinor does against the oncoming medium-range-missile barrage. Get this, Gang!

(As Thumbnail. The original shot is pretty big.)
20190727_164005.jpg
(Image credit: Dannigan )

And the rest of the die rolls rolled well (which is nice because it would have been a shame if they hadn't). =)

Initiative order (Round 1, Action 2) - Male Power Armor "Bogies 4 and 5" are 1,300 and 1,400 feet away):

Cera (Driver - Battloid mode with good concealment) - 16 (nailed Bogie #4 for 50 M.D.)
Mack (Pilot - Guardian mode) - 13 (missed with 4 SRMs against Bogie #4, dodged Bogie #5, is airborne) [2]
Mario (Driver - Battloid mode with good concealment) - 9 (missed with Blaster Cannon against Bogie #4)

Psychie Psychie It's Toph's go. =)

Initiative order (Round 1, Action 2) - Male Power Armor "Bogies 4 and 5" are 1,300 and 1,400 feet away):

Toph (Gunner) - 19 (blasted Bogie #4 for 60 more M.D.)
Cera (Driver - Battloid mode with good concealment) - 16 (nailed Bogie #4 for 80 more M.D.)

EDIT: Or I can goof and completely forget/get sidetracked that Psychie already stated Toph's action.... =)

Note: Bogie #4 is really on the ropes. One more good hit and he's history. =)

Kaerri Kaerri is up!

Elinor (Gunner) - 14 (missed with EU-13 against Bogie #4) [3]
Mack (Pilot - Guardian mode) - 13 (destroyed Bogie #4) [3]

Kaerri is watching me roll these Natural 20s and we're just having a ball on these sides of our computer screens! =)

Surrrrrpriiiiise again!! 8D

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood And a question for the three of you - are you in the mood for more action or story?

1. If you're hot for action, I will proceed with a combination of S.D.C.-style battle (for Toph and Elinor) and M.D.-style battle (for Mario, Cera, and Shirley).

2. If you're cool and just want to chill with story, your characters take Col. Sharp and Hitomi and exit this barn (not immediately, but without combat).

I'm asking because...

3. Psychie (through Toph) reminded me that Col. Sharp and Hitomi do indeed have a great deal of catching up to do and there is still getting together with Professor Stein and Reggie.

4. Psychie has been running full-throttle for two weeks straight since I joined her game.

5. And we're in combat in Sharseya (for the moment).

Whichever choice you decide upon is fine by me. Over the years, I've just found it beneficial to ask my players, "What mood are you in?" from time to time (ask Kaerri about the bugbears in tabletop Sharseya). =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

I'm up for either, really, whichever way goes best with the story. No particular preference at this time. It would be fun to do some SDC combat, but it would also be fun to do more story. Decisive Kaerri is decisive. :P

You hit the nail right on the head, Kaerri. I am loving the pace and direction of the story so far, and either way we go, be it inside or out of mecha combat or more casual conversations between the characters, I'm looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back