• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not very clear, then. I was saying that she was about to go in, then has the knowledge hit her before she does, so she does not continue.

Ah, OK. Abort post! (Or rather change subject, there's other things she can say)

"BEATIIIIINGS!" screams the Mad Giant as he chases after the alert system, his tower-sized stone club swinging dangerously over his head.

Great are the clouds of dirt kicked up behind him as the entire party pulls on his furs in a futile attempt to slow him.

"Mister Giant!" Bria points. "Our game is this waaay!"

D. Rex D. Rex is there a chance for a Ricky post anytime soon? Rawr? =)

"I *RICK ROLL* MY ENTIRE ZOOM CLASS"

Psychie Psychie Would you like to adjust the post or would you rather me write something that applies what Toph is doing?

In 9 days, Robotech: Broadsword will have been in action for 4 years! I wrote the first post in Chapter One: Binary Nexus on 9-11 2016. Wow!

Kaerri Kaerri Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

I don't know about you, Gang, but the Alerts system has been pretty borked for me recently. I'm only getting about half of the alerts I should be getting and I'm only using one device at a time to access RP Nation. Hence my tagging the Wild Cards! =)

And whoops! I forgot to add a part to my last post. Enter... another post!

Kaerri Kaerri I am tagging Kaerri because her alerts have proven to be about as borked as mine.

Toph looks over at Elinor and says, "What is the call? Do we want to use this 'I am Captain' to try and access the computer?"

This scene is so good!

"Do that," Elinor confirms, "and relay whatever you see to Hitomi. These crawlers are making me antsy." She glanced over at Cera. "Ants are a small bug, looks like this --" She pictured the small, black "sugar ants" that like to invade picnics, then the larger red ones that leave nasty bites. " 'Antsy' means fidgety or nervous -- like my skin gets if I think they've been crawling on me."

Psychie Psychie I think the ball is in Toph's court! Just like her to ask her superior before she takes action. But the deeeeeep question is - is it because of her Japanese side? Her Meltrandi side? Or... is it something else? Oooooh! =)

=) It doesn't need to be eloquent for my games, good D. - just as long as it's true. And each of you have always provided posts that were true and in-character for the cool imaginary people you have created. =)

Ha ha! When Ricky reaches up to poke Hitomi, I get this precious little scene with Ghostbuster's Egon in my head. =)

"GHOSTBUSTERS - Best of Egon Spengler | "I collect spores, molds, and fungus." "

D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon

Re: "Double or Nothing." Just to be clear - I am not trying to say that your characters need to kowtow to my NPC or anything of the sort. All I'm saying is, in military matters, medical is the boss (and this goes triple for test pilots as Kaerri's Elinor can tell you).

I cannot think of a better example on film than "The Right Stuff" during this golden scene where the test pilots have balloons... inside of them. Scott Glenn's portrayal of Alan Shepard is just wonderful! Listen closely to the amusing dialogue; it is telling (also, I should point out that, concerning test pilot Shepard's conversation with Gonzalez refers to Shepard's teasing mimicry of Mexicans which he performs in front of people with the Mexicans as the butt of the joke).

Also, when they go down the crowded hallway, ask yourself - what are you supposed to do when someone salutes you? Ha ha! =)

"The Right Stuff - Medical check"

And, for any interested parties, here's a good look at why Gonzalez has his little conversation with Alan Shepard in the elevator. Enjoy! =)

"The Right Stuff - Recruiting Alan Shepard.flv"

stabs the alert system for making me miss (OK, not for long, but still!) clips from one of my favorite movies ever. :P Back to what I came here for:

The young doctor then types in the phrase in Spanish, making sure to spell it correctly so she doesn't trigger some attack program on those robots.
Good thing Spanish is largely phonetic! ^;3^

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon D. Rex D. Rex Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Heya Gang! We have recently (this week) created a first (at least for this Game Master). Never before have I run a Main Game and a "Prologue" where the stories are running at the same time! =)

Something that happened in the Double or Nothing Prologue has affected the Wild Cards in the Main Game (Professor Stein having exhausted himself going into the Blue World, not once, but twice after new Traversers who jumped in quite innocently, plus his advancing age doesn't help matters). This is why the Wild Cards are in danger of losing the polyphonic nexus they've been in since mission start - when a Traverser loses consciousness, any nexus they are a part of goes poof!

D. Rex, sorry about the tension between Hitomi and Ricky. In the veritech seat, Ricky is King. In the medbay, no one currently in the team roster tells Hitomi what to do and how to do it. Given Ricky's atrocious time, he is understandably about as irritable as a wet hen and telling Hitomi what to do has started them off on bad footing (recoverable footing, I might add). Not the good first impression I was hoping for between these two great characters.

In my thinking, Ricky has two big walls in his way when it comes to trying out for the Wild Cards. The first is - he's not invested. He doesn't know anybody and that includes Ylva. It's noble of him to want to protect her, but if something happens to her, why would Ricky stay? Secondly, the only person in the Wild Cards that Ricky probably knows (or at least knows of and can respect on a professional level) is Elinor Hall (Kaerri's character) who is also a test pilot. Many months ago, the two of you talked a bit about how well your characters know each other. For a guy like Ricky, seeing someone like Elinor in the Wild Cards might help him along. I can't blame him for his hesitancy; it seems perfectly in-character for someone like him. But it is rocking the boat between Ricky and other characters he might have to depend on later in the game. If anyone has thoughts here, do feel free to share them.

But yeah - the Prologue and the Main Game happening simultaneously! I am going to have to play with time a bit to keep things interesting (are they interesting yet?) for both stories before I am finally able to merge the two. Sil? D. Rex? I really appreciate your patience. You both haven't complained once about not yet being in the Main Game (in fact, I found your reasoning for not complaining rather heartwarming). Thanks for being great players! =)

Wild Cards? One way or another, I'm merging these two stories as soon as I can. You've been pretty resourceful in getting all the way into the Reactor Room of Outpost #5! Doesn't get much deeper into enemy territory than that! Soon the question will come - how do you want to resolve all this?

Sometime after Outpost #5, we will change chapters (to Chapter Seven: Full House) and bring everyone back on the Broadsword. From there, I imagine the Wild Cards will finally get some time off! Won't that be something?

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

You've been pretty resourceful in getting all the way into the Reactor Room of Outpost #5! Doesn't get much deeper into enemy territory than that! Soon the question will come - how do you want to resolve all this?

jamie-want-big-boom

Well, you did want to give them some payback after what happened to Mack! Ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back