• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought that you were sending that message only to Hitomi.

No worries. Miscommunications are bound to happen over text. Heck, even in person it can happen!

No worries. Miscommunications are bound to happen over text. Heck, even in person it can happen!

Isn't that the truth! I am living proof of this statement. =)

The tale of the dice. If anyone is interested.
1. Elinor's earlier Natural 1 (complete failure but not Fumble) is clearly still working against her. An Action Point is required for her to retry because of the bad luck on the dice.

2. Mario rolled a 15 (plus the 3 from his earlier Action Point expenditure). This, in addition to his Perception, is enough to get something good.

3. Toph rolled an 8 which, even with her Natural Affinity for Perception rolls, is not enough to jump the hurdle this time.

4. Cera rolled a 16 which provides her the ability to compartmentalize most of the sounds, but having no idea what to look for, she is still stopped, for she hardly knows what Spanish sounds like. This is when being completely non-human just plain works against you.

5. Hercules has a +6 Initiative bonus on top of his normal bonuses if the Maruader does so much as twitch. =)

On the subject of (mis)communication, is Mario saying the English "captain" or the Spanish "capitan"?

Whatever the sound he is hearing, so that would be up to Dannigan. I'm guessing the Spanish one.

Whatever the sound he is hearing, so that would be up to Dannigan. I'm guessing the Spanish one.

Sherwood Sherwood Hey, bud! Since it seems Mario is going for the (accurate) Spanish words, would you please edit Mario's post to reflect what he's telling everyone? It may seem nitpicky, but to this detail-oriented GM, it tells me exactly what Mario is saying (and what you mean to say).

Just in case we're in a "speak 'friend' and enter" scenario? ^;3^

Sherwood Sherwood Hey, bud! Since it seems Mario is going for the (accurate) Spanish words, would you please edit Mario's post to reflect what he's telling everyone? It may seem nitpicky, but to this detail-oriented GM, it tells me exactly what Mario is saying (and what you mean to say).
Ok. I'll give it a shot to be more accurate.

And there is the extent of my Spanish. Along with 'combo burrito' and 'enchilada'.

Sherwood, you crack me up! =)

* * *​

Psychie Psychie
Toph looks around and sends out, "I am thinking we should give Traversing the computer a try, but keep someone out of the Blue World to keep guard over the rest of the party. Once we get the computer eating out of our hands, we can then copy over as much data as we can stuff into our external media devices and see if we can't set the reactor to blow the place to high heaven."

That is fine. Let me ask you. What specifically, if anything, is Toph doing about this?

Toph listens hard too, but hits a stone wall. Too many sounds! Too much confusion! How is anyone supposed to understand anything in that sonic, electronic mess? But then Toph remembers to listen for Spanish. She is still in the process of trying to unravel this headache-inducing mess when something inside of her beckons. Like an untripped breaker in her mind, a switch is waiting to be flipped.

Toph can ignore it or go after it or whatever else she chooses, which is a lot better than roadblocked Elinor or ignorant Cera are capable of in the moment!

Just a general statement here - if any of you have questions or comments, I am open to them. Don't sit in confusion when I might be able to clear some cobwebs for you. =)

Kaerri Kaerri

And once they've got what they wanted from the computer, they could get back to the rifles, and then back to the robots skittering about. Elinor kept her eyes on those. She didn't want any surprises from that direction -- even if "that direction" was "everywhere" at the moment.

Ain't party leadership fuuuuun?! 8D

Ha ha ha ha!

EDIT: Read D. and Sil's prologues and "Double or Nothing" to see where Mack's at if you have the time and interest. There's a lot of fun in those pages and some of it pertains to the Wild Cards! =)

Psychie Psychie O.K. If so, what I need to know is - "Is Toph attempting to draw upon her technopathic powers?" No need to tell if she's trying to enter the Blue World or anything. Is she following that feeling being sent her way and if so, how much?

Psychie Psychie
Just before she goes into the Blue World...
(ellipsis mine)

Maybe check my last in-game post? Like Mario, Toph found what seems to be the password. She does not need to go to the Blue World unless she's trying to directly interact with the Core of the workstation in front of her.

Knowing this, do you still want her to go in? At the very least, it nets her some technology experience.

All if this depends on your intent.

I need to administer some BEATINGS to the alerts system >.< (Sharseya reference there)

Did not see Psychie's post until just now but Elinor has something to say on the subject of going alone into the Blue World in the middle of a hostile base that I will type up when I get home tonight ^;3^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back