• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and keep it moving. We can say Ricky is a bit stunned by all of it.

Sorry, was busy with work. And almost broke my toe by kicking a wooden dresser while dreaming.

Oh jeez! That's a bad way to wake up out of a daydream! Glad you didn't break it!

And no worries! Real Life Always Comes First. Thanks for replying so quickly, D.! =)

Silanon Silanon
I sent D. a message in Conversation asking what his status was and if he was able to post. He asked me to go ahead and post, so at least for this scene, Ricky will still be in such a daze as to be incapable of conversation.

I'll go ahead and move the story along.

D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon Here in what is close to the tenth month of your prologue (and yes, I am enjoying it too, but I feel that the sooner I get you into the main game the better!), I had an idea and I want to share it with you. You tell me what you think?

Ylva (understandably) seems on the fence about joining Professor Stein and thus, the main game. Ricky is going to what is arguably the worst day of his entire life (losing the Blue Hares, etc.).

Ricky just had his first visit to the Blue World, right? What if something went wrong here? What if the stress of his hell-day finally catches up with him and he goes into shock? He has to be taken on-board the Broadsword for medical treatment?

I'm introducing this idea because it gets both characters into the main game the fastest and (correct me if I'm mistaken, Sil), Ylva probably wouldn't leave Ricky in such straights.

Of course, I'm not taking one step in this direction without the approval of both of you. Trash or embrace this idea as you like. I plan on having fun either way. =)

D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon Here in what is close to the tenth month of your prologue (and yes, I am enjoying it too, but I feel that the sooner I get you into the main game the better!), I had an idea and I want to share it with you. You tell me what you think?

Ylva (understandably) seems on the fence about joining Professor Stein and thus, the main game. Ricky is going to what is arguably the worst day of his entire life (losing the Blue Hares, etc.).

Ricky just had his first visit to the Blue World, right? What if something went wrong here? What if the stress of his hell-day finally catches up with him and he goes into shock? He has to be taken on-board the Broadsword for medical treatment?

I'm introducing this idea because it gets both characters into the main game the fastest and (correct me if I'm mistaken, Sil), Ylva probably wouldn't leave Ricky in such straights.

Of course, I'm not taking one step in this direction without the approval of both of you. Trash or embrace this idea as you like. I plan on having fun either way. =)
I'm fine with that idea. Lol since it would also keep Ricky from attempting to take her back to a proper military base.

Yeah... I tend to take in-game damage a little more seriously than most Game Masters I've played with. I think it adds a sense of realism, tension, and growth to character development and storytelling. Remembering that you bleed reminds one to appreciate life while you still have it.

But yeah. After what he's gone through, I think it's accurate for the scene. But moreso, I'm really glad that you like the idea! It's your character after all! If Sil's all for it, then in we go! And if not, then I may ask the two of you to talk about it together and decide. I trust you. =)

From my point of view, the most important thing is D.'s approval for this - since that' s there, I'm all for it. Moves things forward in a logical way. Gets us closer to the main story (I'm enjoying this prologue a lot, didn't even notice how long we're at it already). Avoids one or two problems quite nicely. Gets Ylva over the frustration how all of this is happening by throwing her right in there.

Two questions: Would you prefer me to post first, Dann, or do you want to move things forward from here? And how do we save Jezebel? That's one of Rick's main missions right now - would you prefer Rick to finish it on his own later, D., or does it feel better to get her out of there right away?

Last edited:
Silanon Silanon SIl, if Ylva has something she wants to ask or say to good ol' Prof Stein, go for it. I posted last, so it's your turn unless you'd rather me post again.

Leave Jezebel to me (I got this). =)

Last edited:
Alrighty, I'll get a post up, then - there's certainly stuff to be said.

Question for you, my good Dannigan Dannigan ! On Mario's character sheet, I do happen to have a SDC laser pistol. You have often said that if you don't have it on your sheet, you don't got it. Soooooo, do I happen to have it on me now, and if so, is it made of conventional materials to be able to pass through this force field?

I also happen to have a SDC survival knife on my sheet in the equipment list. I think we all have one.

Question for you, my good Dannigan Dannigan ! On Mario's character sheet, I do happen to have a SDC laser pistol. You have often said that if you don't have it on your sheet, you don't got it. Soooooo, do I happen to have it on me now, and if so, is it made of conventional materials to be able to pass through this force field?

I know you do. I remember allowing it. I also remember allowing another S.D.C. item you carried the last time we played a Sci Fi game together. As for if it can pass through, there's only one way to find out! =)

The near future was supposed to be yesterday at the latest, but the post just didn't work out. When I wrote my last post, I had a certain idea in mind how things would continue; with things changed, I find it harder to follow up on that line of thought than i had anticipated. Will get there today, hopefully.

Mario has his pistol, but is willing to part with it to give it to someone else while he takes a flamethrower, since I have the needed WP to use it.

The pistol does 4d6 SDC, has a 10 shot magazine and I have two extra clips for it.

Toph has WP Knife, so I am willing to just take a couple of the survival knives and let someone take Mario's pistol.

I'm thinking Cera ought to have one. Elinor will be happy to borrow Mario's pistol for the duration, leaving the third flamethrower to Hercules unless he doesn't want it?

Come mission end, Hercules has plans.
And, yes, Herc has himself a burny-boi.

Captain Hesperus

Last edited:
Glad to hear it! This GM likes when his PCs plan.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus you still got some unchosen Skills coming to Herc. Do you want to spend a few before this scene starts? It won't be an option if we roll Initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back