• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
D. Rex D. Rex And just because I owe it to you, here's what jello in a shredder really sounds like (plus the rest of this video is cool too!)

"JELLY VS. FAST SHREDDER! AMAZING VIDEO!"

This is also the most fun I have ever had reminding players to post! Keep it up! I'll find more goodies to share! 8D

Kaerri Kaerri How (which method) is Elinor attacking with her Centurion rifle? See Technopolis - Small Arms of the UEEF and Broadsword for her options.

D. Rex D. Rex Hey you! It's been a little while since your last post. Do you want me to help out here? If so, just tell me what you want Ricky to do and I'll have him do it. One way or another, I've got to keep this story moving or I'm going to lose my hold on it. Enjoy the song! =)

"Ricky Martin - Jezabel" Kaerri found this little gem. =)

Initiative order - Round 1, Action 1.
Sentry gun #1 (rapid-fire laser on the right) - 20 (and the motherless sentry guns roll a Natural 20 for their Initiative roll...)
Sentry gun #2 - (destroyed by Elinor!)
Sentry gun #3 (cannon on ceiling) - 20- Firing on Mario
Sentry gun #4 (floor-mounted cannon) - 20 - Firing on Mario
Toph - 15 (using both of the Twins on Gun #2. Parried!)
Hercules - 13 (using the Thundercracker plus Sam's Aegis)
Elinor - 11 (destroyed Sentry Gun #2!)
Cera - 7 (blasted Sentry Gun #3)
Mario - 6 (Aegis hit for 100 M.D..)

Edit: if you just read this, I made a goof. Cera is firing on Sentry gun #3, not #1. Whoops! =)

Last edited:
To make it official, Mario is firing a burst with the Thundercracker to attempt to hit the three guns.

Or, put another way, Mario is using the Thundercracker's special strafe ability to attempt to nail all three guns. You got it! I'll make the roll when I have some dice in front of me. =)

You're welcome! It's not hard to imagine that Mario wants to give back some of the walloping the sentry guns put on him! =)

D. Rex D. Rex Hey you! It's been a little while since your last post. Do you want me to help out here? If so, just tell me what you want Ricky to do and I'll have him do it. One way or another, I've got to keep this story moving or I'm going to lose my hold on it. Enjoy the song! =)

"Ricky Martin - Jezabel" Kaerri found this little gem. =)

Sorry! Have just been busier than I thought I would be. Ricky would try to commune with Jezebel. To see if he could tell her what to do, kind of like how he saw oldy gunstealer did with the androids. He would try and see if he could get it to fire the GU-11 at fat brit. Preferably through the chest.

No worries! Thanks for replying when you could! =)

I'll roll some dice and see how that works out for him then! =)

I can't imagine he would! As far as I can tell, he loves that bird more than he does most people. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie

Initiative order - Round 1, Action 2.
Sentry gun #1 (seriously damaged rapid-fire laser on the right) - 20 - Firing on Hercules
Sentry gun #3 (seriously damaged cannon on ceiling) - 20 - Firing on Hercules
Sentry gun #4 (seriously damaged floor-mounted cannon) - 20 - Firing on Hercules
Toph - 15 (using both of the Twins on Gun #2. Parried!)
Hercules - 13 (using the Thundercracker plus Sam's Aegis)
Mario - 6 (Critically hit all three guns with one magnificent strafe! Nice going, Sherwood!)

Last edited:
There can be no peace with those who shoot at Trouble...

Short mechanical question: Given the damage the pistol can dish out, is a non-lethal shot an option? The man seems to know a few things I'd be interested in, but I'm uncertain if shooting the arm, for example, would have the desired effect of disarming the man and keeping him somewhat alive. My guess would be not, especially because the arms will be somewhat close to the body, just want to make sure I'm aware of all of the options. The man's not wearing visible body armor and is too far away to be reachable before he gets the weapon back up, right?

Silanon Silanon

There can be no peace with those who shoot at Trouble...

Short mechanical question: Given the damage the pistol can dish out, is a non-lethal shot an option? The man seems to know a few things I'd be interested in, but I'm uncertain if shooting the arm, for example, would have the desired effect of disarming the man and keeping him somewhat alive. My guess would be not, especially because the arms will be somewhat close to the body, just want to make sure I'm aware of all of the options. The man's not wearing visible body armor and is too far away to be reachable before he gets the weapon back up, right?

Conventional body armor is not a factor when dealing with Mega-damage weapons and he is definitely not wearing any kind of mega-suit. Furthermore, unlike in Rifts and among humans, either one is wearing a Mega-suit (fully sealed environmental suit) or they are considered S.D.C.. M.D. humanoid beings do not exist (even full-sized Zentraedi/Meltrandi are beings with thousands of S.D.C..).

A non-lethal shot is possible, but whatever you hit is gone forever. Best to aim for a hand, arm, or foot. A leg shot is often too much of a shock to the body to survive. Ylva, being scientifically-trained, would know that being heat-based, laser blasts cauterize wounds (as well as plasma/heat), but it makes little difference to a human body when it's hit by such terrible power - hit location is everything. Like a Star Wars lightsaber, whatever you strike is destroyed/severed.

Hercules is going to go full defense this time. Having the whole attention of the guns necessitates it.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

O.K.. According to the Palladium rules used in Robotech, there is no option for a "full defense." One either defends or they don't regardless of how much they are putting into the effort. However... that's another reason I put Action Points in our game. Would you like to spend one?

Also, gaming is often about being creative. If you are giving up Hercules's attack this round to focus solely on defense, I'll add another +2 to his Parry roll with Sam's Aegis.

If you decide to do both, that will give a +3 to +8 Parry bonus to Hercules's normal roll. The only thing Herc will have to worry about then are the dice being nice to him and the shield holding up (though 200 M.D. is a lot for 3 Chessel Corporation Sentry Guns to blast through).

What would you like to do?

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ll go with the Action Point and full parry. With the rest of the team behind me, I don’t want to get staggered like Mario and expose anyone to hostile fire.

Captain Hesperus

Well, to be fair, the cannons stopped Mario from moving forward, but he kept his shield up the whole time (made his two Saving Throws while taking into account his P.S. Attribute). And this is definitely a good thing, because those cannons are able to do just that - blow your shield right off your arm (or at least knock you down or into a position where your shield is useless against the follow-up shots of the other guns). =)

I'll subtract the Action Point and post. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Initiative order - Round 1, Action 2.
Sentry gun #1 (seriously damaged rapid-fire laser on the right) - 20 - Firing on Hercules
Sentry gun #3 (seriously damaged cannon on ceiling) - 20 - Firing on Hercules
Sentry gun #4 (seriously damaged floor-mounted cannon) - 20 - Firing on Hercules
Toph - 15 (destroyed Gun #3!)
Hercules - 13 (put himself at point and successfully tanked all three guns!)
Mario - 6 (Critically hit all three guns with one magnificent strafe! Nice going, Sherwood!)

I have to tell you guys and gals; you've got some good teamwork going on in this fight. Keep it up! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back