• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie A clarification from me.

I don't drink coffee. I like the smell of the good stuff, but it's not a good mix with the brain I've got. =)

This means I don't know a great deal about coffee-makers of today, the future, or distant sci-fi future like the ones that serve aboard the Broadsword. My point? My attempt at the "coffee side quest" is an attempt at humor when all of a sudden, Toph winds up as that person who was, quite innocently, the one to get the last good and full cup out of a coffee dispenser she has never before operated. I'm not trying to make Toph out to be the bandit here, but instead give the Wild Cards a little something extra to do, something a little more light-hearted than their past couple of days which has been full of "stay alive, get surprised, and look out for those we care about" deadly seriousness. =)

So yeah. I don't drink coffee, but I think I understand that a good cup can make your day and a bad cup can kind of bring it down. I want Robotech: Broadsword to be nothing but the best "home brew" I can serve you. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Sounds good. How about you, Kaerri and Sherwood?
I will stick with my mix of 16 of Plasma and 16 HEAP in the internal magazines. Do the EW pods take up too much room on the wings to be able to transform? I seem to recall that they do not inhibit that. If so, I wouldn't mind having a pair of them on the wings.

Elinor will also switch to all short-range HEAPs. I don't recall how many that means for her, though. Will we have enough for the door?

Well, Mario is packing 32 Shorts, so I pack a whollop there.

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie A clarification from me.

I don't drink coffee. I like the smell of the good stuff, but it's not a good mix with the brain I've got. =)

This means I don't know a great deal about coffee-makers of today, the future, or distant sci-fi future like the ones that serve aboard the Broadsword. My point? My attempt at the "coffee side quest" is an attempt at humor when all of a sudden, Toph winds up as that person who was, quite innocently, the one to get the last good and full cup out of a coffee dispenser she has never before operated. I'm not trying to make Toph out to be the bandit here, but instead give the Wild Cards a little something extra to do, something a little more light-hearted than their past couple of days which has been full of "stay alive, get surprised, and look out for those we care about" deadly seriousness. =)

So yeah. I don't drink coffee, but I think I understand that a good cup can make your day and a bad cup can kind of bring it down. I want Robotech: Broadsword to be nothing but the best "home brew" I can serve you. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)
I'm not much of a coffee drinker either, but I must confess, a good Java Chip Frappuchino from Starbucks does hit the spot every now and then.

Sherwood, I don't remember Logans being able to mount EW pods, but I don't have the book in front of me either. I would think that if a missile rack prevented transformation from taking place, then I would think an EW pod would do the same. I'll look it up when I have the book in front of me again.

Kaerri, the FASTPACKs on your Valkyrie each contain over 40 short-range missiles. Either Elinor or Shirley should be able to drop the door all on their own without having to use any missiles on their wings. Of course it depends on how the dice roll for damage, but your characters are going into this with well over 100 short-range missiles.

Psychie, in case you're wondering, I imagine the EW pod weighs roughly as much as a Cyclone. Electronics can be heavy! Murphy's (correct) thought is that by having an EW pod and a Cyclone, Toph will be able to fly without skill or combat penalties.

I hope you don't think I'm picking on Toph too much. I just saw an opportunity and thought, "Hey this will be fun!" I wonder if you might be thinking, "a girl can't even have a cup of coffee in peace in this game!" =)

I'm not stressed about the coffee thing. Its a funny twist, and its fine with me. I have no problem flying with the EW pod on my wing; I just hope to be able to use it to good effect.

I guess I don't have to worry too much about saving my shots if we get into it in our larger Veritechs, then. Just so long as we have enough firepower to get the door down is all that we need to worry about.

I'm not stressed about the coffee thing. Its a funny twist, and its fine with me. I have no problem flying with the EW pod on my wing; I just hope to be able to use it to good effect.

Well, unless the dice are cruel, I don't think Toph will have that much of an issue. She has a strong Sensory Equipment skill, plus she is attuned to the Ajax via technopathy.

Psychie, one of the reasons I didn't have Gabriela in your game take that Advanced Electronic Warfare skill is because the math was against her. She was getting the same benefit even with the penalty to her Sensory Equipment roll, so why take up a precious skill for that?

Toph, I think, is in a slightly better position because she gets that 10% bonus to Advanced Electronic Warfare if she selects it.

That said, do you or your characters have any questions about the mission or anything or are you prepared to go?

"Let me get a good bead on them, and I have a nice twin shot of Ion Pulse blasters for them, right in the face."

Powerpaw bounces around excitedly, "Oh boy, oh boy! She's gonna smack 'em in da face!"

GM: "Powerpaw, you're in the wrong game."

PP: "An' she's gonna use an ion-thingy ta do it! Kin I haz an ion-thingy, too?"

GM: "Powerpaw, get your face back into Sharseya where you belong."

PP: "Okies, okies, I iz goin'. I just wanna see her smack a bad guy inna face is all."

GM: "Don't worry, Fuzzy Goof. She's part-Meltrandi. Smacking face is what she does. With paired guns, too!"

PP: "You'se guys sound so cool over here! Bai now!" *waves*

Last edited:
I'm going to give Kaerri Kaerri a little more time to respond before launching the mission to Veracruz, Mexico.

Feel free to chat in-character about what you have learned about technopathy. =)

I'm good to start, I think. I've read everything but it isn't sinking in properly yet, so I don't have anything for Elinor to say at present, but I'm sure she can say it on the way if need be.

Okies! I'll try to have something up later on today or the day after. =)

Just to confirm something: When Mario is in the Stealth Super Logan, despite having Traversed it, he is only using his own personal combat bonuses and not any MECT bonuses. Is this correct? I don't want to go into the upcoming fight thinking I have one set of bonuses and not have them.

And the same applies to the Cyclones when we are in them, right?

"Just don't get cocky."

I love it! The fighter pilot telling the tanker not to get cocky! That's just gold! If that doesn't throw military stereotypes on their heads, what does? =)

Apologies to all of you for my posting delay. It's taken a lot longer than I expected to catch up after being gone over the weekend (to say nothing of the weekend's absence itself). I'll try to get Elinor's post up as soon as I can.

Mario shifts his flight path to pair off with Cera in the other Stealth Logan, shifting into the fighter's Guardian mode for better maneuverability. At this point, he is doing his best to keep an eye out for not only any visual indications of the door, but any ground-based search radar being used as the targeting system for missiles or anti-aircraft guns. Keeping off his active radar to try and avoid broadcasting his location, he is hoping to be able to use his Sensory Systems skill with his communications training to detect other active emitters and warn the others.

In the meantime, Mario keeps his head on a swivel, looking for any signs of the door that they are searching for, using the Infrared camera to hopefully see an unusually hot or cold spot that stands out on the cameras.

Nice post, Sherwood Sherwood That's about as informative and descriptive as a Game Master could ask for! =)

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Read in-game then read this. =)

It's Initiative time! Let me know if you want to stick with your normal dice (Kaerri with Yellow, Psychie with White, and Sherwood with Orange) or do otherwise.

Also, since two of you are playing T.A.S.C. pilots, you two get a bit of Real Life military tactics that may come in handy. Here is some advice for your benefit.

The AA guns likely have limited range and therefore can only shoot so high (usually somewhere around 4,000-5,000 feet or so). After that, the lasers dissipate into nothingness or the anti-aircraft rounds level off and come under the force of gravity. Every combat pilot nowadays probably knows this therefore, now, so do you. What this means is, you can completely take the guns (but not the Surface-to-Air missiles from Outpost #5) out of the picture if all of the Wild Cards climb to an altitude of 5,000 feet. Anyone remaining below that altitude is fair game (so if 4 out of 5 of you go up but 1 of you stays down, guess who the guns will all target?). Once up there, then you can deal with the drones and SAMs as you please without having to worry about the guns.

Or you can hope the dice love you and stay down where you are...

If all of you choose to go up, then your characters will spend their entire first round (15 seconds) doing nothing but climbing. During that time, Outpost #5 may decide to fire on you. You can dodge/throw chaff + flares/etc. all you want, but there won't be anything in front of your nose to shoot at.

Again, this is only advice. Do as you see fit! This is your game after all. =) Any questions?

Yellow is fine.

I like the idea of climbing to get out of their range (but leaving them within ours). Nothing like being able to shoot at the enemy without them being able to shoot back!

I will stick with my chosen color for initiative, and will stay low to the ground. The downside to the dual Ion Pulse weapons on the Ajax is that they have a limited range of something like 1,600 feet (I do not recall exactly off the top of my head), and I only have my ten short range missiles that I hope to save for emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back