• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. To be honest, I was personally embarrassed with my post that garnered the ire of Mario's new squeeze and Capt. Piper. It was one that I made that was out of line, and when that was pointed out, I feel bad about it. I am still in the game, and will try to get my head into Toph once more.

Psychie Psychie You were? Oh jeez! Sorry, Psychster! I didn't mean for it to have that kind of effect! You were just playing your Character, and accurately at that, which I appreciate more than you might realize.

I hope it helps to understand that Sheesa is not a social creature by nature and thus tends to react to humans as if they were Broo. Like housecats, Broo tend toward mood swings where they're cool one moment, spazzy the next, hissy for a bit, then go on as if nothing odd has happened all day. Most Broo don't hold onto grudges or things like that (De Monsta is an important exception). So, Toph hasn't permanently killed any kind of relationship with Sheesa or anything and Piper?

Well, Piper's a mess. But depending on what Herc does, that situation too can improve (and dramatically).

So, don't go thinking that Toph has blown a hole into the vacuum of space here when in fact, she just misfired in a way that has temporary results (but not permanent - it's not like the Broo at large are upset or Sheesa sees Toph as a threat - that would a game-changer for them).

Part of the reason I think I'm sharing all this is because Sheesa probably won't. Normally, she's shy and introverted unless something has really gotten her attention. At first, that was Hercules and now it's Mario. If Toph wants to mend fences with Sheesa, it would probably go a long way. That's kind of what I was hoping for after I wrote that post. I had no idea that post made you unhappy (or I wouldn't have written it). This is a game, and while I like conflict and drama in-game, Broadsword is as much your safe haven as Sharseya is. And that's not gonna change if I have anything to say about (which I most certainly do)! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

P.S. Thank you so much for expressing how you feel or I'd still be in the dark! =) Is there anything I can do to help you with Toph?

For what it's worth, Elinor spoke up because she didn't feel Toph had done anything bad enough to warrant the reaction from Sheesa or especially Piper. So she defended her squadmate against the one who was still there (in her own way, I guess). Bear in mind that Piper messed up too. ^;3^

Now that the site us back, I’ll be posting Herc’s response to Sharp, but later cos I’m working and it’s saved on my PC.

Captain Hesperus

Sharp, for one, has been in my head patiently awaiting RP Nation to come back up so he can help Herc. Me? I've been a little less patient and a whole lot more of, "NOW what am I going to do with my time?" Hah! =)

Sharp, for one, has been in my head patiently awaiting RP Nation to come back up so he can help Herc. Me? I've been a little less patient and a whole lot more of, "NOW what am I going to do with my time?" Hah! =)
Soon™

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

That was about as soon as one could ask for! You must have either just gotten off-shift or had this in your Private Workshop!

Let it be known: When Cap'n sez "Soon™," he means it! 8D

Psychie Psychie I haven't forgotten about Toph's request with Hitomi. I've been spending the past few days trying to find something - and I just now found it! I'll put a post up for Toph later today with it. =)

Sherwood Sherwood And while I'm thinking about it, the conversation about the possibility of getting Mr. Zuko (that is, Mario's dad) onboard the Broadsword hasn't left my head yet either, though I think it'll take place sometime next chapter given how things are going. =)

One important factor into Mr. Zuko is the personality I've designed for him: He's Italian-American which means...

...he's no stranger to conversations (probably talks with his hands as much as his mouth).

...he's a longtime ("old man") defender of humanity given how Mario was raised on the SDF-1 (and therefore his mom and dad were there too). That they survived at all through those times is a downright miracle!

...and he's still teaching people how to pilot Destroids. This means he's Army of the Southern Cross if I have my history straight (RDF eventually dissolves and melds into the ASC while UEEF remains its own branch. Both are funded by the United Earth Government).

...I would like for Mr. Zuko (Sgt. Zuko?) to be an NCO, to have a decent relationship with Mario (especially given that he's already lost one son - Mario's brother if my memory serves). He's proud that Mario joined up with the ASC as a Tanker, but God knows what he and Mrs. Zuko are going through if they learn the lie that General Steele has been sending out - that Mario Zuko and team are KIA off the coast of Florida thanks to a nuclear explosion involving an enemy vessel.

What thoughts do you have on this, bud?

Given all that, it would probably be that Pop Zuko has transitioned from teaching the older and soon to be phased out Destroids and is now working on getting the new generation of Battloids up and running.

The rest of that sounds great, right in line with what I pictured for him myself.

Given all that, it would probably be that Pop Zuko has transitioned from teaching the older and soon to be phased out Destroids and is now working on getting the new generation of Battloids up and running.

Good point! Thanks for bringing that up!

The rest of that sounds great, right in line with what I pictured for him myself.

I'm glad!

Sam nods in a slow and relaxed moment like nothing in the universe could bother "him." "Mondo perfection awaits, doctors. It's rad that you are thinking of your families at a time like this. Mad respect!"
Sam's new accent cracks me up every time! 🤣

Their new accents would not be possible were it not for the Wild Cards. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! In these upcoming recordings for your Characters' families and friends, I leave it to you to whether you want to roleplay your messages or not. Show or tell or whatever your heart desires.

By "show," I mean: "Trouble looks into the camera. 'Meeeeew!' He exclaims while strutting about with his medal showing proudly,"

"Tell" is also fine. "Trouble informs his family and friends that he has had many exciting adventures and they have every reason to worry about him, because he has found the Planet of Feeesh. He then tells his people not to expect him home anytime soon. If they intend to follow him, they should bring along lots and lots of malt vinegar and tartar sauce."

However you want to express it, go for it!

Good news for Macross/Robotech!

=)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Okies, I've got a question for all of you: would you guys mind if I pulled a little "GM Magic" and got the party back together with everyone in the Wild Cards (including all of the PCs) meeting the new crew and moving onto the next scene?

Catch: There's always a catch, right? Psychie, would you be willing to do a "side scene" with me? Two scenes simultaneously?

There is a scene that I'd like to play out now with Toph, but there is also a scene I'd like for everyone to be together. The previous conversation takes place prior to the latter, but if you're willing, we can roleplay both at the same time. I could title the first post "Side Scene with..." and continue on in the main story simultaneously.

The benefit to doing this is simple - everyone is back together and no one (like Silanon or Kaerri) are left having to further twiddle their thumbs if you take my meaning. =) Plus, this furthers the story along and gets us closer to where I'd like us to be. As it stands, we have PCs who probably aren't posting due to lack of interaction.

I was just about to send Sil a friendly, "hey, how are you doing?" message via Conversation when I saw this in his Status.

"I'll try to catch up with things eventually, folks - busy schedule for me right now, haven't found the time to sneak in a post or two yet."

So if you haven't seen him around, that's what's up! =)

You know me, Sherwood - when in doubt, give a damn and act on it! =)

Thanks for sharing that, Dann! In hindsight, it would've been real clever to just post in any of the games, since all my gms hang out in all of them... but somehow, that didn't come to mind. Whoops. Sorry for the likely confusion, folks.

As indicated, my schedule has been a little rough and hectic these past few days - things will eventually fall into place, but it's pure chaos for now - well, not quite, but close enough. Not having the Saturday to get ahead of the schedule didn't help, either, but that's just unfortunate timing. In any case, I won't be able to participate in anything today or tomorrow, but maybe there's some wiggle room after that. Hopefully. In the meantime, I've managed to read some posts, bookmarked the ones I haven't found the time for yet, and I've got my usual computer back up and running for now, which is something, at least. More to come soon-ish, sorry for the delays.

Think that covers most of it for now. As for the continuation - whatever seems best from your perspective, Dann, grouping up again sounds like a solid plan in general. Last time I tried to get something up here I ran into some trouble to actually interact with stuff if I recall correctly, though there have been a few posts since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back