• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to let poor Mack answer that one...

Just a heads up. I wanted to post today, but I'm in the middle of one of my 72-hour migraines. I will post when able.

Stay safe, Gang. =)

Hey Purr Purr , short question: A little earlier, Ylva has actually (briefly) met Iris if I'm not mistaken (see Chapter Seven: Full House). Is the second introduction intended? I'll see if I can get a post up today or tomorrow, didn't get to it these last few days.

No, it's not. This is what happens when I don't post often-enough - I start to lose hold of my games. I had completely forgotten Ylva and Iris had already met (however briefly). I think it's also not in my head because I didn't recall any interaction whatsoever between Ylva and Iris, plus I have been heavily-distracted by our new Champions game together (complete with learning rules and everything). Sorry about that and thanks very much for pointing it out (I am a huge believer in the saying, "I can't fix it if I don't know what's broken."). =)

Perhaps I can change the scene. Depict Iris's entrance with Cera and Iris trying to get to know Ylva a bit better? I don't think anything else in the scene really needs altering (Beema is still going to be stunned, Shirley wouldn't react any differently, nor would the Sams - just Cera and Iris).

Hmm! Time to edit!

Yeah, I didn't get any real interaction in there back then, unfortunately. Still remembered the scene, though, since it was damn well written. If you change things around a little so that I can get some interaction with Iris in there, I'll certainly jump at that opportunity - I mean, food is great, but there's an unfamiliar insectoid alien right there.

Silanon Silanon
Yeah, I didn't get any real interaction in there back then, unfortunately. Still remembered the scene, though, since it was damn well written.

Thank you, Sil! =)

Edit complete! Enjoy the altered scene! =)

Heya, Gang! I'm really enjoying these posts! Lots of emotion, content, and well... fun!

I hope to post within the next 48 hours. Stay safe! =)

Heya Gang! Catch up in-game then read da spoiler!

So, anyone ready for a good laugh? True story! A few short months ago, my family decided to gift me with real M.R.E.s (Meals Ready to Eat! Three lies in one!) and guess which flavor one of them turned out to be?

20210303_193230.jpg

Upon receiving this and knowing full well that Sherwood's Mario had wanted to put on a spaghetti meal for the Wild Cards & Co., I swore to myself, I would not open this up and partake until that scene, in-game, was posted!

So here, as we speak, I am going to open this bad boy up and share it with Kaerri here - a Real Life M.R.E. of Spaghetti with Beef and Sauce - in honor of... I don't know, being silly, loving RPing with all of you, and enjoying Robotech: Broadsword and Sharseya together? =)

I'll take another couple of pics and post 'em here... because... it's fun! =)

MREs. I remember eating them way back when I was active Army. We used to joke around that the peanut butter spread and the crackers were so fortified with vitamins and other junk that they could be used to make a bomb-proof shelter.

Heya Gang! Catch up in-game then read da spoiler!

So, anyone ready for a good laugh? True story! A few short months ago, my family decided to gift me with real M.R.E.s (Meals Ready to Eat! Three lies in one!) and guess which flavor one of them turned out to be?

Upon receiving this and knowing full well that Sherwood's Mario had wanted to put on a spaghetti meal for the Wild Cards & Co., I swore to myself, I would not open this up and partake until that scene, in-game, was posted!

So here, as we speak, I am going to open this bad boy up and share it with Kaerri here - a Real Life M.R.E. of Spaghetti with Beef and Sauce - in honor of... I don't know, being silly, loving RPing with all of you, and enjoying Robotech: Broadsword and Sharseya together? =)

I'll take another couple of pics and post 'em here... because... it's fun! =)
I claim at least part of the credit for this. ^;3^ And the funny thing is, the Broadsword spaghetti dinner hadn't come up at all when we were picking out flavors!

That's damn funny. I have never eaten one of these MREs myself, so I can only guess as to their taste.

As the assembled members of the ship begin to dig in, Mario stands back with a pleased expression on his face, waiting patiently for his turn to help himself. Maybe I can arrange a seat next to Shirley. Damn, she's so pretty. Work your suave moves on her, Mario!
Good luck, Mario! Go get her!

That's damn funny. I have never eaten one of these MREs myself, so I can only guess as to their taste.
I have not either, but this may change shortly...

Will change. I wouldn't eat an M.R.E. without sharing with my favorite person.

That's Kaerri, Sherwood. Kaerri. Before you get any strange ideas! =)

Adventures in M.R.E.-land!

Did I say a "couple" of pictures? I should have said "MOOAAR" pictures (because it really deserves more than two).

1. The (big) bag prior to opening!20210303_193230.jpg

2. Back of the bag. =)
20210303_194231.jpg

3. Mountain Bread, Raisins, Apple Jelly, and Peanut Butter!
20210303_194539.jpg

4. Chocolate Chip Toaster Pastry, Milk Chocolate (just add water), other goodies like sugarless Lemonade package, towelette, paper napkins, plastic spoon (which I'm keeping to stir things from now on!), Iodized Salt, Breath Mints! The spaghetti and sauce is the package on the lower-right. =)
20210303_194620.jpg

5. Some of the items out of the smaller bag. The heating packet (just add water and 15 minutes later, you have heat!) is on the right. =)
20210303_194808.jpg

6. But what does it look like out of the packages?
20210303_201631.jpg

7. And the spaghetti and meat sauce itself? Right here!
20210303_202939.jpg

Like Sherwood said, this sure as heck beats going hungry and (unlike C-Rations of pre-Iraq fame) this food is at least recognizable by taste as well as by sight. You don't have to take the package's word on what you just ate. It goes with the old saying, "Never do business on an empty stomach," and what business is more serious than matters of life and death? =)

Bonus pic! Heating the spaghetti inside of the thermal package and keeping it elevated (on "Rock or Something" as the package instructs!). =)
20210303_200503.jpg

I got a kick out of "rock or something."

Lol. With any luck, the two of you will survive your meal!

Hey, just a short note - real life is keeping me busy right now, but I'll hopefully be able to catch up over the weekend.

Thank you for the heads-up, Sil! I hope the busyness as enjoyable as it is time consuming. =)

As for food poisoning or the like, I haven't asked for any Saving Throws yet. Hopefully you guys will think that's a good sign. =)

Somehow, I'm reading that as: I haven't made the will-save to finally start eating yet, but I'll roll eventually. Awesome gift idea, by the way!

Work's a bit tedious right now, but it slowly gets to the point where thing get better - so that's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back