• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus D. Rex D. Rex Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Behind the Game Master Screen update for you:

1. I upgraded the Centurion Rifle damage to the following: Mega-Damage with laser: Mega-Damage with laser: Single blast - 1D6+1 M.D., Short burst (2 shots) - 3D6+3 M.D., Long burst (3 shots) - 5D6+6 M.D. (After comparing the damage with the Twins and the Thundercracker, and seeing the Centurion's damage output in the battle on the Esper, I think the Centurion is in need of of this improvement.)

2. I have changed the Thundercracker's special attack by adding a penalty to hit multiple targets. Special Attack - Strafe: Strafing an area causes 6D6 M.D. to up to four targets no more than 30 feet apart from one another. This takes one action to perform at a -3 to Strike each target. (In my own experiences with firearms, there is no way I am more accurate when attempting to nail multiple targets as opposed to focusing on a single target, hence the Strike penalty.)

3. The Broo homeworld the Broadsword first encountered has been renamed from Testria to Terrestria. I like the sound of Terrestria better and I like how it sounds very close to the word "terrestrial" (adjective. of, on, or relating to the earth.) =)

Just keeping you all in the loop! =)

P.S. I am having such a blast right now! You guys are finally able to get answers to questions denied you when your PCs were in the Army of the Southern Cross! I feel like 'm sitting right beside Professor Stein enjoying myself so much I can almost taste the pancakes! =)

I plan to get a post out tomorrow or Wednesday.

This just says it, pretty much. Those games are amazing (at least the first two, really need to play the third part soonest now that I think about it), and you pretty much hit the same spot. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of the background music you added, but that's personal taste - instead, I literally had the Normandy theme running in the background while reading.

Don't know who may have noticed, but a little while ago I changed the Things to Do on the Broadsword music to Jack Wall of Mass Effect (and forgot to tell you of my update there). So here's your notice! Enjoy! =)

1. I like the idea of doubling the range of mecha-based and power armor-based guns only. Not starship guns. Not personal weapons (small arms or anything with a W.P. attached to it). I think the ranges given in the books should be used as a base range and everything beyond that is basically your Character "eyeballing it" (not using computers for accuracy). For example: A GU-11 has a "book" range of 4,000 feet (1,219 m). It can shoot out to that range with full bonuses. It can also fire out to 8,000 feet (2,438 m) but anything above 4,000 feet (1,219 m), come with no computer-based bonuses. Just the PC's Physical Prowess Attribute and Skills alone (Weapon Systems +1 to Strike if they've got it. No Weapon Proficiencies).

2. None of this applies to missiles or rockets.

3. The only two mecha-based weapons I can think of that I don't want doubled are the MAC II's guns (both particle and projectile) and the particle beam cannons on the Tomahawk. They've got plenty of range.

I (finally remembered and) added this to Shop Talk. Like any other House Rule in there, let's use it to our delight and if it doesn't work, let's throw it out! It's under House Rule: Combat (mecha) - Range for most weapons has been effectively doubled. =)

Sherwood Sherwood I think I would be failing you if I didn't bring this up - Captain Piper did hear Mario's question about his father, but she and I are "discussing" it in my head together where I'm trying to get her to understand the very concept of adding a complete non-Traverser stranger who can go and tell everybody he knows about the existence of the Broadsword and Traversers, etc..

Once I understand where she's completely coming from, I can then post as her if you understand my meaning (and I'm sure you do). =)

Sherwood Sherwood I think I would be failing you if I didn't bring this up - Captain Piper did hear Mario's question about his father, but she and I are "discussing" it in my head together where I'm trying to get her to understand the very concept of adding a complete non-Traverser stranger who can go and tell everybody he knows about the existence of the Broadsword and Traversers, etc..

Once I understand where she's completely coming from, I can then post as her if you understand my meaning (and I'm sure you do). =)
Thank you for bringing that up, and I completely understand the Captain's reluctance to bring him in until she's chewed on this for a while.

So... recently I noticed that most of the Gang in my other game had not posted in some two weeks or more. This made me unhappy. So, I am adding a section called "Expectations" to our Shop Talk. Check it out and feel free to chat about it if doing so strikes your fancy. One note - the part in Players, 4. does not apply to Cap'n because he and I have already discussed his situation.

House Rule - Expectations - All Players please read this.
What I expect from my Players
1. You will abide by RP Nation's rules at all times. This is not negotiable.
2. Please post once per week on average. It's understandable when things get busy during holidays and the like, because Real Life Always Comes First. However, be respectful of others' time. If you foresee that you won't be posting (for any reason), please post about it in OOC or Conversation.
3. Posts do not have to be long, but they ought to have meaning. One or two paragraphs on average is fine; more or less when you're in the mood! If you are not certain how to express something your Character is doing, hop into OOC (or Conversation with me) and ask me for help. I'm here for ya!
4. Players who go for more than 28 days (4 weeks) without a single in-game post are subject to immediate removal from play. This expectation is not up for abuse (like say, posting 4 times in 3 months).
5. Everything in the Temporal Stasis House Rule (above this post).
6. Be familiar with the game rules and how to play your Character within those rules. Good-aligned Player-Characters only. Need help? Just ask! =)
7. Respect each other. No drama. No God-modding of any kind. While you may declare that your Character is attempting some action, as your Dungeon Master, I alone decide if it takes place.

What you can expect from me as your Dungeon Master
1. Everything I just mentioned above applies to me too. I will abide by RP Nation's rules at all times.
2. If I ask you to join this game, then this is your "safe haven." No one here is going to treat you poorly or unreasonably. Sure, we have inter-player discussions where differences get hashed out (in a mature, constructive manner). In the end, this is where we all come for fun!
3. Rules that benefit your PCs most often also apply to NPCs - good and bad (with rare exception like Action Points or Diamonds of Fate). Fair is fair.
4. No favoritism. Just ask Kaerri (my lady). I play as true as I can.
5. No "Monty Haul" games ("Monty Haul" DMs heap seemingly endless amounts of treasure on their PCs as their primary way of motivating play). What you earn is absolutely yours, but be prepared to earn it in-game. I tend to level PCs slowly and allow a good deal of customization (Martial Art Systems and wide Skill selection). A note on loot: Record what you have. If you don't record it on your Character Sheet, you plain don't have it! If you don't bother to loot, it won't reappear later, so loot early and loot often! =)
6. I like to provide rewards for excellent RPing, Out of Character ideas, and more (sometimes with Bonus Action Points. These are extra Action Points that do not expire when you level!)
7. I will seriously consider your wants and ideas you want in the game along with any constructive criticism you have for me. However, I run a balanced fine-tuned game and it must remain that way for my sense of fun so do keep that in mind.
8. I will attempt to praise in public, but "punish" in private (I'm not here to embarrass you, but if I bring up an issue with you in Conversation, there's good reason for it). Above all, we're here for fun and great memories so let's make the most of it - together! =)

I hope to post sometime tomorrow. Stay safe, Gang! =)

Don't think there's anything surprising in the expectations; mostly things that have been discussed here and/or are reasonable to begin with. I like having all the stuff in one place, though.

How much farther ahead will your post take us? Just asking because I might want to get a short reaction to Piper in if we're moving to a new scene, there's just not been much else to put in a post with it yet (you know, the whole "meaning" point from above...).

You have good timing, Sil. I planned on a change of scenery in my next post - moving the Wild Cards from Hangar Bay Bravo to another place without yet entering it. Shall I hold off until you post?

Thank you for your feedback concerning game expectations. With these uncertain times and COVID-19 making people miserable, I like to retreat to my two safe havens where things are fun and reasonable. =)

Yeah - with all the stuff happening around us, it's nice to have a place where on can take a deep breath every once in a while.

Managed to get a little something up during my lunch break; the stage is all yours (unless someone else chimes in first).

Elinor had a couple more questions. Can those be addressed along the way (or there)? Or should I edit them into my last post?

I certainly don't mean to jump the gun and cut off your inquiries. Please ask what you will, and Mario can wait for the mission briefing.

I was mostly asking Dann, since he'd mentioned changing scenes in his next post. But Mario's spaghetti is sounding yummier every time he brings it up!

Elinor had a couple more questions. Can those be addressed along the way (or there)? Or should I edit them into my last post?

Ask away after I post next, please? There's no rush to get where you'll be going. =)

I was mostly asking Dann, since he'd mentioned changing scenes in his next post. But Mario's spaghetti is sounding yummier every time he brings it up!

I'm looking forward to that too in-game for reasons I'll share here in Fat Gandalf's when the time is right. Like cooking, good Game Mastering is greatly aided by preparation and good timing (and the reverse of these statements are also absolutely true in my thinking)!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus D. Rex D. Rex Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! D. Rex has informed me that he is regrettably unable to play here or Sharseya and is therefore bowing out with Ricky and Grit. I've given him an open reinvitation as long as his return doesn't take us past 6 total Player Characters.

I am placing both Ricky and Grit into Temporal Stasis (Retirement) so that if D. is able to join us, his golden Characters are ready to go!

Thanks for playing with us, D.! I'll miss you here, buddy! Everyone, please take a moment and wish him well! There are few like ol' D. Rex! =)

Thanks for being with us, D.Rex! Hope all is well with you. Have fun wherever you go!

I am sorry to see you go, even if you were only in the game for a short time.

He hasn't said anything to me in our other games, so perhaps he's just a bit busy and needs to drop a few games.

Oh! Dann's typing (and I'm not looking) but I just had a thought and I want to share before he posts. Trouble's from the future, and he can sense Traversers. What if he was Broadsword's "scout"? They were looking for Traversers for Drake's plan, after all, so maybe Trouble got sent out into the wide world to find them so that Broadsword itself could stay hidden?

Sad to see you leave, Rex - who knows, maybe we'll see the Jezebel back in action, one day. Would be great to have you back aboard when time and circumstances allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back