• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gang,

Posts don't have to be long. A single paragraph will do. Just tell me your character's intentions and I can run with the rest.

In a game where the expectation is to post once a week, I've got 3 players who have not posted between 10 to 14 days. I don't mean to rush any of you or call you out - it's just that I don't think I can run a quality game on 2 posts a month. Therefore, I must post soon or I will lose track of Broadsword (again).

When I lose track of the game long enough, the game dies.

If you can't post, tell me. As always, I'm willing to work with you. Tell me what you want to do out-of-character and I'll see it done in-character.

For example, let's say D. can't post tomorrow. Fine! I will still act as of Ricky asked where Jezebel is. I know what his intentions are!

That's all I need! But I do need it.

Oh and sorry if I sound stressed! Thanks to COVID-19, I have more unexpected work stress.

Re: whether we tell our families we're alive.
This keeps coming up, and being interrupted by the next urgent mission we run off to, but the last time it was discussed, Sharp, Stein, and Hitomi were left to talk about it while the Wild Cards went to meet Piper for the first time. Indications were that they had come up with several ideas, and that when we all gathered again we could share thoughts on them. But that didn't happen, and wasn't covered in the summary of the meeting, so I don't know if that got left behind, forgotten about, or just postponed. Or if what Hitomi's got in mind is the result of that discussion. So for the time being, Elinor and I are sitting out that particular topic because I don't know what to say about it. It isn't because I'm ignoring y'all's posts, or because Elinor's got a rock for a heart.

No worries on my part. I'm just trying to ease back on my own posting speed to give Silanon and D. Rex a chance to jump in.

No worries on my part. I'm just trying to ease back on my own posting speed to give Silanon and D. Rex a chance to jump in.

This is precisely why I made that request. For those of us who are really busy out in real life, it's easy to fall behind in the story here.

I've been trying hard to strike a balance between my ability to keep the game running and those who are very busy to post when they can. =)

You see what appears to be a live-action shot of a battered VF-1S, GU-11 gun pod in hand, carefully hovering about 50 feet above the beautiful blue Gulf of Mexico (and therefore above the submerged Broadsword and Esper). Ricky recognizes it as the Jezebel. Her paint scheme is still scratched all to hell, there are blast marks all over her, and rear cockpit glass/canopy has a hole in it only the Zentraedi could provide. The only thing that looks new at all is one gray and unpainted lower leg upon which she is staying aloft on.
f0390486763299b681eb34e3d1b797bbd2c90279

Samantha approaches Elinor and displays her laptop screen. She touches the screen and on a blue background, Toph sees a list of vocal dictionaries ranging from American-English to Queen's English to Southern-American to "Spockese" and "Pirate Talk" among others. Oh, and yes you see Scottish listed too.
Peanut gallery input is welcome! ^;3^ Elinor is inclined to Southern-American (of the Dr. "Bones" McCoy variety), so that's what we'll get if y'all don't speak up against it. (Scottish is off the list, alas. I don't want to irritate our captain!)

Last edited:
Except it's not! Take a close look at her left hand. Do you see a grip? =)

Yeah, I did notice that. Firing that rifle is going to be a pain since there’s no pistol grip and the stock can’t be held in the style of, say a traditional sniper rifle.

Captain Hesperus

Right! Peri is brand-new to firearms and doesn't know an Heckler & Koch from a Glock, and still, she was able to draw something like that! I wanted a sci-fi rifle and gave her the H&K sniper rifle as a base to work from and boy, did she do great! But hey, if it's a "sci-fi" rifle, maybe it doesn't kick or something? In the world of make-believe, anything is possible. I'm just glad to have someone like Peri create something like this! It's really neat to see and share. =)

By the way, on the subject of call signs, while it's bad luck if Herc tries to select his own, there's nothing stopping him from thinking up one for Mario and one for Cera. Just throwing that out there! Hee hee! =)

Herc’s only official callsign came from his old mech unit, that being the name of his M.A.C II support mecha.

Captain Hesperus

I will not suggest a callsign for Herc that is not pre-approved by Captain Hesperus, but I am thinking something Greek in origin, like . . . Cerberus, or Atlas. Something like that.

I think that Atlas would be a good one for Hercules, but that is just my opinion. I'm not sure what would be good for Mario, though. He's a bit impulsive, jumping into trouble before he is ready. It should relate to that somehow. I'm also drawing a blank on Cera. Some kind of tinker/technician-related one. Perhaps Tinkerbell? I don't know.

People in my head have a few goodies to offer for beginning call signs. Call signs are often the result of people's actions, habits, looks, or personality (or all of it). Take these or toss these as you see fit, Gang!

Mack thinks Mario should get the call sign "Energizer" or "Energizer Bunny" for the number of times he's gotten beat up but keeps "going and going and going..." Or even "Timex" for he "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'." Mack says, "Headaches, injured ankle, bruised chest from the fall, even brain-burn. Mario's seen it all!"

Those of you into exercise may be familiar with the "Stairmaster" device? Well, Reggie is telling me how he loves the idea of calling Herc, "Chairmaster" after how he saved Reggie's bacon against the AUL. "I mean, Mister Hercules just took that big ol' chair, and.... GOOOSH! He was like a Greek Incredible Hulk! That wicked man didn't stand no chance!"

Professor Stein finds the call sign "Sif" fitting for Cera as she seems to like to name things after Norse mythology (Toothgrinder, Toothgnasher, Mjolnir). Sif underwent a change in personality when Loki stole Sif's golden hair. Cera was once a different person before the Wild Cards upheld their promise to War-queen Taniya and completed Cera's internal training via the Broadsword's unique computer, the Mindbender. Sif is the goddess of excellence and skill in battle, two things Cera belives in quite a great deal. However, Prof tells me he wonders if Cera would like having a call sign of a female who is so very married to a male (Thor).

As for Ricky, call signs carry over from one squadron to the next. It's just a matter of time before the Wild Cards learn about Ricky and Ylva and what to call them. I don't remember Ylva having a call sign though she's a Logan pilot. Hmm!

Professor Stein finds the call sign "Sif" fitting for Cera as she seems to like to name things after Norse mythology (Toothgrinder, Toothgnasher, Mjolnir). Sif underwent a change in personality when Loki stole Sif's golden hair. Cera was once a different person before the Wild Cards upheld their promise to War-queen Taniya and completed Cera's internal training via the Broadsword's unique computer, the Mindbender. Sif is the goddess of excellence and skill in battle, two things Cera belives in quite a great deal. However, Prof tells me he wonders if Cera would like having a call sign of a female who is so very married to a male (Thor).
If we go with the Greek pantheon, I believe that Athena is a good choice for Cera, as the warrior goddess was birthed from Zeus' head when he was struck by a sword, and has never been intimate with a man. Both things describe our tech girl pretty well.

True!

And, of course, if somehow Hercules gets the call sign "Cerberus," (the three-headed hound), someone's gotta rub it in. "See? What did I tell you? All men are dogs!" =)

I like Athena for Cera. She's also patron of arts and crafts (they didn't have mecha back then ^;3^ ) and known for her wisdom. And wasn't born, but sprang to life full-grown and armored. Hmm. This seems more appropriate the more I think on it!

I also like Atlas for Hercules. He's a big guy, after all!

I don't remember Ylva having a call sign though she's a Logan pilot. Hmm!
Her old call-sign is Varghona - meaning she-wolf. Same meaning as her name, which was the beginning of it. It stuck after she tried singing at the campfire once; usually just played the guitar after that.

Oh, I'd forgotten about that! That was in her background and now I recall it thanks to your mentioning it. =)

Silanon Silanon D. Rex D. Rex Don't think for a moment that you don't get a vote just because your Characters are not yet Wild Cards. This is in OOC. You are one of my Players. You have a say.

So, with what you've read concerning the Wild Cards, do either of you have any ideas for call signs for Mario, Hercules, and Cera? Have at!

I feel like I don't know the characters well enough yet to make any suggestions that really hit the mark; I do like Athena, personally. Other than that, I'll let you know if I stumble over a brilliant idea by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back