• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have dubbed Traverser abilities, "Knacks."

I keep them on a Conversation (so everybody and their mom can't take what I've made there) so please, please, please only hold in-depth discussions concerning Traverser Knacks and the like only in that private Conversation. If I get plagiarized, it will hurt me a great deal. (Don't get me started on that.)
I'll keep it only PMs to the best of my ability.

That's appreciated, D.. =)

Mind you, casual remarks are fine. Just nothing in-depth, please.

Update: Finally remembered to add Wui Wing Chun to the Martial Way (since you guys and gals chose it for Cera). Enjoy. =)

I'm adding:

For my attributes, I'm increasing PE and PS, and for my skills, I'm picking up Computer Programming and Acrobatics.

EDITED by Game Master (reason: Most of this information belongs in its proper Conversation, not here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychie Psychie Please remove that Technopathy data and put it in our Conversation immediately.

The Attributes and Skill-related stuff is welcome in Fat Gandalf's; like I told D. Rex today, I really, really don't want Technopathy Knack details and the like where the public can see it (and steal it from me).

Psychie Psychie I have moved the information. I'll provide feedback to your post there.

No worries! Everyone goofs. Look at me! I haven't awarded you guys and gals RP Points for over a year!

Did you remember to add the extra Diamond of Fate to Toph's Character Sheet?

She is now also quite curious to get to know the two new pilots, privately noting with amusement the fact that Mario and Hercules are getting seriously outnumbered by Veritech pilots.

While this is absolutely true, the tankers currently have two important advantages the flyers lack. 1. Cera's Mjolnir is made by a Traverser for Traversers and the first of its kind - and it's a tank. 2. Cera just chose her first Mech-related Skill, MECT: Mjolnir. That means the only inventor from the future you all know... is a tanker. Oh, I just thought of a 3rd. The highest-ranking ASC officer onboard, Colonel Sharp, is a lifelong tanker. =)

Now, I'm not bringing this up to create a rivalry because no one seriously wants that (Toph's "amusement" is in the right spirit if you ask me). I'm bringing this up to give you guys a fuller idea of where the Wild Cards are at this time in their development.

Also, this is where you guys are open to suggest adding to the Broadsword's mecha compliment as Cera did when you were sleeping (well, as the only person awake besides Iris on the Broadsword, she obviously did more than suggest - she created). I'm just looking forward to where the game goes from here now that you're (meaning the PCs) are finally all in one spot. =)

While this is absolutely true, the tankers currently have two important advantages the flyers lack. 1. Cera's Mjolnir is made by a Traverser for Traversers and the first of its kind - and it's a tank. 2. Cera just chose her first Mech-related Skill, MECT: Mjolnir. That means the only inventor from the future you all know... is a tanker. Oh, I just thought of a 3rd. The highest-ranking ASC officer onboard, Colonel Sharp, is a lifelong tanker. =)

Now, I'm not bringing this up to create a rivalry because no one seriously wants that (Toph's "amusement" is in the right spirit if you ask me). I'm bringing this up to give you guys a fuller idea of where the Wild Cards are at this time in their development.

Also, this is where you guys are open to suggest adding to the Broadsword's mecha compliment as Cera did when you were sleeping (well, as the only person awake besides Iris on the Broadsword, she obviously did more than suggest - she created). I'm just looking forward to where the game goes from here now that you're (meaning the PCs) are finally all in one spot. =)
What do you mean by adding to the mecha compliment? As making up new mecha?

What do you mean by adding to the mecha compliment? As making up new mecha?

D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon

Excellent question, D.! The following is OOC information, so when your Characters learn of it in in-game, do have them act surprised. Heh!

The Broadsword is unique in that it can create its own mecha right there in its 3 hangar bays. You guys know what a Robotech Factory is? What it's capable of? Well, the Broadsword is a military frigate unlike any other in that she's got her very own miniature Robotech Factory right there inside her.

This means the right people (currently Cera, your Ura-Meltrandi Wild Card NPC), with sufficient time and proper resources, can create existing mecha from the current timeline (like Ajax, VHTs, Super Valkyries, etc.), the Broadsword's timeline (Cyclones, Silverbacks, etc.), modify existing mecha (like the special Super Tomahawk Destroid that made its in-game appearance some two-three years ago and is currently in the hangar bay), or the creation of mecha that have never before existed (like my creation, the Mjolnir).

And you guys just succeeded in relieving the Anti Unification League of a hell of a lot of resources. Go you! =)

This doesn't mean you should go hog wild because then you'll be out of resources again before you know it, but it does mean you can work with Captain Piper to outfit your squadron for just the right kind of mecha best-suited for the mission you're on.

It's one hell of an advantage your enemies would love to get their hands on! So treat the Broadsword like the One Ring of Tolkien's Middle Earth. "Keep it secret, keep it safe." Or your enemies will. =)

Kaerri Kaerri Silanon Silanon D. Rex D. Rex

Feel free to drop your characters' thoughts and questions into Chapter 7 and I'll just make a couple of big posts and try to answer them all. Sherwood, Psychie, and Cap'n have already dropped some good ones, but I'm sure you can find some of your own. =)

Sherwood, Psychie, Cap'n? Feel free to prepare posts but let's give Sil, Kaerri, and D. a turn to post thoughts and questions, please.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus
As Hercules is on his way out, Colonel Sharp reminds him, "Son, the captain hasn't dismissed us. She's still talking."

In case this isn't clear, in the military (ever military force that I'm aware of), a lower rank does not choose when to leave when their commanding officer or person of higher rank has the floor. It's considered rude or thoughtless or just plain dumb at the minimum and insubordinate among the more sensitive officers out there. Sure, Captain Piper is technically not Hercules's CO (Commanding Officer), but it's her ship and (most importantly), Hercules has been trained to know better hence this hint for him. =)

While I appreciate Herc's desire to see Reggie, I don't want him in hot water with Piper any more than I'm sure you do.

Also, I have to ask - why does Herc want a Sam and Samantha from the Esper as opposed to the Broadsword?

Sherwood Sherwood Seeing as you have military experience in Real Life, do correct me if I'm wrong, please.

No, you are absolutely right. Right now, Capt. Piper owns the room, and no one leaves without her order or permission.

Hercules rapidly rewound himself

”?klaw uoy t’nac yhW !eiggeR”, he garbled out across he Command Deck before sprinting backwards thought the ship back to Medbay.
Once there he rapped on the Samantha droid’s head and jabbered, “.pleh rieht deen I .kceD dnammoC eht no em teem ot repsE eht morf ahtnamaS dna maS a ksa esaelp uoy dluoC”
He then backpedal led to his original position and stood at ease.
”Yes, Colonel.”, he replied with a nod.

Ha ha ha ha!! I love it! Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus That is the most original turn-around I think I've ever seen! L-O-L, Cap'n!! Absolutely hilarious!

The last few days have been a tad busy, so it seems I'm on catch-up duty once more - I'll hopefully be able to get a post up today and do the level-up soon-ish.

Silanon Silanon Let me know if you need help and be sure to follow my guide to leveling so you don't miss out on anything. Also, please post your (non-Technopathy-based) gains here like Skills and such. I like it when folks share and it'll also let me know if I need to roll any S.D.C. for Ylva. =)

Hey Gang! I will attempt to post again sometime tomorrow. Captain Piper's got something for you. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back