• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychie Psychie I'm looking for answers to these questions (these are just examples):

1. Guide Layout. Do you like the layout? Is the information you're looking for easy to find?

2. New customization options. Do you like these new gaming options? Do you feel they are explained. adequately? Do you think they'll be useful in a Palladium-based game or do you think they'll just get in the way? Are there options that caught your attention that you're excited about?

3. Atmosphere. Does the music and do the pictures add or subtract to the general feel of the guide?

4. NPC Finder. Do you like the option of being able to find NPCs?

5. The guide overall. Does the guide feel like something that belongs on a military starship like the Broadsword? Does it add to your immersion and fun? In other words, do you think this guide adds to the game or would Robotech: Broadsword be better left without it?

Things like that. =)

Last edited:
Can I just answer yes to all of the above? ^D^

It feels like in Mass Effect when you finally get to wander the ship, and you feel like you really are somebody and part of what's going on. Including knowing where all the NPCs are likely to be (when awake and not on missions, of course). Also like in ME3 where you can go different places to do different things, which is cool. The music/pictures help my visualization of everything. And I like being able to customize everything (including ourselves, how weird is that?) for specific missions.

Kaerri Kaerri This is exactly the feeling I was going for! Not only are each of your characters somebody, you have all earned the benefits you are receiving. In the eyes of myself and many of my NPCs, that deserves big rewards like this. =)

Edit: Gang? How do you feel?

Last edited:
I like the whole layout that you have presented, and the feeling that we are now a part of the crew is a nice touch.

Glad to hear it!

In an attempt to remain open-minded, I wrote this game in such a way that I was open to the possibility to the Wild Cards not joining the Broadsword. I have been very pleased and a little relieved that your characters made the choices that they did (Ricky and Ylva included) as this was the outcome I was hoping for.

It feels like in Mass Effect when you finally get to wander the ship,
This just says it, pretty much. Those games are amazing (at least the first two, really need to play the third part soonest now that I think about it), and you pretty much hit the same spot. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of the background music you added, but that's personal taste - instead, I literally had the Normandy theme running in the background while reading.

Heh! I love the Mass Effect trilogy (and I can't wait until Spring of 2021 to get the legendary/remastered version!). Throughout Robotech: Broadsword, especially in the earlier years, I've used my share of Mass Effect music (by Jack Wall). I think you're both right - the Mass Effect music does work better!

This is why I ask these questions! Thanks! =)

Last edited:
Silanon Silanon Done! And thanks again, Sil! You're absolutely right. I thought I was in danger of overusing Jack Wall's music, but come to think of it, I haven't used it in quite a while (and there's so much of it between all three games). =)

How is it you haven't played Mass Effect 3? Are you aware that you're missing out on one of, if not the, best DLC stories ever (my favorite, "The Citadel")? What a ride that one is! =)

How is it you haven't played Mass Effect 3? Are you aware that you're missing out on one of, if not the, best DLC stories ever (my favorite, "The Citadel")? What a ride that one is! =)
Think there's two factors to it: For once, I discovered the series late - pretty sure the third part came out before I touched the first. So I'm a bit late to the party, so to speak. The second part is simply time; there's only so much time for gaming, and I excessively played through the entire Dragon Age series instead, plus a few other gems. There's only so much time for single player games these days... but I really ought to catch up, really, there's few games that make you stand up from your screen and ponder what the heck the right thing to do is - and Mass Effect has those kind of moments quite frequently.

With the rework coming up, I'm now unsure if it makes sense to wait for that, or instead use the Christmas break to catch up... hmm, decisions, decisions...

Hey, Gang! I plan on posting later today. Hope everyone out there is having a good day!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus D. Rex D. Rex Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! Read in-game then check this spoiler. =)

First, here is a U.S. Army (ASC) list of ranks followed by what's expected of them. Now here's a U.S. Navy (UEEF) list. This is basically what's expected from your characters while serving on the SCL-107 Broadsword. =)

Secondly that CIB + promotion + transfer post is what I am calling "Bomb post 1 of 3." With that business concluded, the Wild Cards now basically have three major options:
1. Go as a group and tour the Broadsword.
2. Confront Spaceman Sam about Drake's Master Plan.
3. Ask Hitomi about your family situations.

And then check this spoiler, if you please after you've read in-game. =)

So I spent somewhere around 2 hours or more on that post. Only after I finished and posted it did I realize that Iris should have gotten a citizen's award from Colonel Sharp too! So I edited the post and now she has one of her own. =)

Heya Gang! Kaerri and I are going out of town for a few days. Should be back Sunday. Stay safe and have fun! =)

We are back from out-of-town (and we had a great time)! How about some posts, Gang? Haven't heard from some of you in awhile. =)

If time permits, I'll get a post up today. Think I know what I want to write, just gotta actually type it up.

I'll wait for yours, then! Thanks for declaring your intention, darlin'! It may seem elementary, but communication is everything. Since I know I can trust you to post tomorrow (Real Life allowing, of course), I can hold back on my own post and include yours. That's a lot better than staying silent and then, "Uh oh!" I posted when someone else wanted to do so before me. =)

Kaerri Kaerri The old professor awaits the young farm-girl-become-UEEF-pilot's questions with patience! Aren't you proud of him? 8D

Sherwood Sherwood

Mario says, "Well, my dad is a destroid pilot instructor up at Monument City, teaching the next generation of soldiers how to use their mecha.

I was under the impression Monument City was completely obliterated when the SDF-1 and SDF-2 were destroyed back in 2014? Ah! I looked this up and realized it was destroyed later in the series (by the Robotech Masters).

Oh! And I wanted to let you know - I've started (finally!) watching Robotech (1st series) since folks have been able to post it on YouTube. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back