• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own Jetfire (he's sitting above me now in Guardian Mode) and like you, I didn't know a thing about Robotech prior. I fell in love with the VF-1S Super Valkyrie after Killfire introduced me to the movie, Do You Remember Love? and Sherwood introduced me to Palladium's Robotech RPG. Good Times! 8D

Just a heads-up for the story here, Gang! It is part of the story that the Wild Cards join the REF (I mean, where else can they go and why would they stay in the ASC given their situation?), so you can say I've had this planned. With that comes a new section in our Hosted Project that I think you'll really enjoy. Of course, I've got to hear from everyone prior to posting it, but the list of folks typing in their Character's responses are steadily trickling in. After that, I'll put a link here for you.

I've spent some serious time on it so I hope you enjoy it!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus D. Rex D. Rex Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Just recently, Hercules realized Murphy was an E-9 CSM. For those of you interested, here's how that works in the U.S. Army complete with some of the expectations of your ranks. Of course, ranks are different in the Robotech Expeditionary Force, but they have their rough equivalents.

* * *​

I haven't forgotten about Mario's call sign vote. Just waiting on one more and then I'll spill the results. =)

* * *​

In the meantime, I've been long thinking about a House Rule I saw on the Internet involving Palladium-based weapon ranges. Here's the link to the original poster that got me thinking.

So, I agree that bigger guns should have longer ranges. Especially mecha-based guns with few exceptions. That's just physics. But a part of me wants to keep it simple while thinking of mech-based cannons and such. I think mech-based and power armor-based lasers, cannons, etc. should go much farther than their small-arms-based cousins. The rest is below. Add your thoughts if you got 'em.

1. I like the idea of doubling the range of mecha-based and power armor-based guns only. Not starship guns. Not personal weapons (small arms or anything with a W.P. attached to it). I think the ranges given in the books should be used as a base range and everything beyond that is basically your Character "eyeballing it" (not using computers for accuracy). For example: A GU-11 has a "book" range of 4,000 feet (1,219 m). It can shoot out to that range with full bonuses. It can also fire out to 8,000 feet (2,438 m) but anything above 4,000 feet (1,219 m), come with no computer-based bonuses. Just the PC's Physical Prowess Attribute and Skills alone (Weapon Systems +1 to Strike if they've got it. No Weapon Proficiencies).

2. None of this applies to missiles or rockets.

3. The only two mecha-based weapons I can think of that I don't want doubled are the MAC II's guns (both particle and projectile) and the particle beam cannons on the Tomahawk. They've got plenty of range.

Thoughts, Gang?

Just to be sure I understand, you're doubling the possible range but not the range in which we get computer-based bonuses? Just making the long shots possible?

Just to be sure I understand, you're doubling the possible range but not the range in which we get computer-based bonuses? Just making the long shots possible?
It sounds like it.

I like this idea. Consider it endorsed by me.

Correct! You can make shots in your mecha that you could not make before - the same is true of your enemies.

I think this has the potential for a great scene or two at some point in the future, so I'm all for it. More options are rarely a bad thing.

Short lore question: Does Athens still exist, or was it destroyed during the bombardment?

It does in Robotech: Broadsword, but it's mostly "no man's land" with a handful of RDF/ASC forces out there, mainly for Hercules's background and development. I'm using the old map in the RDF Manual where pretty much everything on that side of Europe is considered wasteland.

I thought it was 20 images. Is it giving you an error?

Kaerri Kaerri Oh, did they change it from 10 to 20? No error - just going by past experience. I'll try to add more later today! =)

It works! I added a few more pictures (Engineering, the Mindbender). Just so everyone understands what this is all about, now that your Characters have chosen to put their fate in with the Broadsword by joining the REF, this (finally!) opens up a lot of options that simply aren't available in many games that I've enjoyed here on RP Nation. But I won't bore you with details here. The information and the fun is there waiting when time and interest permits. =)

Sorry for the spam, but I found something else you ought to know - I have about 2-3 more "bombs" to drop before I let the Wild Cards off the leash to do as you will. So there's a light at the end of the tunnel to my train of 1,500+ word posts. Just letting everyone know! =)

So, I was looking over the ship post, and Elinor looked at the description of the gym and said, "That's not big enough for a game of volleyball. But the hangar is!" Anyone want a game if we can find a ball? ^;3^

As promised, I've put up a monster post entitled "Things to do on the SCL-107 Broadsword." It's over 6,000 words of fun. There is a maximum of 10 images, so I wasn't able to put up an image for each section. Still, tell me what you think of it all? Enjoy and stay safe out there! =)

Hey, Gang! This was not a rhetorical question but a serious one. Anybody have any opinions or questions, please? =)

First assessment: It'll be hard to find Ylva, because there's at least half a dozen places where she'd happily spend all of her time... besides that, I like the different customisation options. Think I wrote something like "the more options, the better" before - and something like a simple modification can turn a random gun you found into "your" gun. Looking forward to that.

I'm not sure what feedback you are looking for, but everything you've posted about the ship is pretty sweet. Toph is going to be spending a lot of time getting up to speed in this infirmary, learning the layout and seeing the next generation of medical science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back