• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
One hour at a time. Conversation and posts help take my mind off of it.

=)

Have you ever heard of the group Dead Can Dance? They have some very beautiful, soothing music that I like to listen to when I need to slow down and have a quiet moment.

I've heard the name, but I don't know their stuff. Recommend songs I can find on YouTube, please?

Hmmm. Some of my favorites are Rakim and also Return of the She-King. Canatra and As the Bell Rings, the Maypole Spins are also great.

After I'm done posting sometime. Thanks for the leads. =)

Not Safe For Work (deleted scene from Lethal Weapon)
Scary Jerry has something in common with another fictional crazy military character of much greater popularity - Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon. They both have the same eyes. Just something cool to relate to (plus, I can't help but like Martin Riggs, can you?). =)
"Lethal Weapon 1 - Mister Sniper Sir !!"

Last edited:
She really does; I can attest. If there's one thing I love about our relationship, it's that we are each other's highest priority. I don't know what I'd do without Kaerri (and she probably feels the same). =)

And after a good night's sleep, food, etc., I feel much better today! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Thanks again for the music lead - I remember enjoying what little I'd heard of Dead Can Dance, and after hearing the songs you shared, I like them even more. This is also a good piece; I like seeing them perform. =)

"Dead Can Dance Anabasis"

Glad you like them! I am thinking that I have purchased on my itunes account all of their current release albums, and some of their solo work, too.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus *Hugs!*

Hercules stood back and let the new/old crew members reconnect with the Broo and the other Wild Cards. 'Scary Jerry' worried him. He had looked into those eyes, seen the darkness that dwelled in the depths of them. There was pain there, pain and hate and repressed fury. Hercules had found himself unable to maintain eye contact with the man for more than a few seconds. He was stunned that Beema could connect with someone so mentally damaged as this. Perhaps that was part of her gift, part of the magic that existed within her that allowed her to claw her way into people's hearts and souls. He watched her as she guided 'Scary Jerry' in meeting the rest of the Wild Cards. She was as much his 'emotional support Broo' as she was the spiritual mascot of the whole Broo. Watching her made Hercules smile, her natural exuberance and acceptance of everyone and everything about them made him happy to be around her. He could see that she would be a worthy successor to Bong as the tribe's shaman.

Okay. Ever have one of those days where you're like, "I put a lot of effort into my world, and... for reasons I don't know, folks aren't posting that much in reply. What's going on?" It's rare when I have this feeling, but when it hits, it fills me with a negative slap of curiosity with a sprinkle of illogical doubt. But then something changes. After checking into the game manually (meaning bypassing Alerts), a post like Cap'n's (which the Alerts function didn't tell me about).

And... suddenly all is great with the world again!

It's like... "Here's somebody who not only has completely invested in my world, but knows it as well as a player can." Cap'n, you gave me one hell of a compliment months ago when you mentioned in Sharseya that my ability to know what's inwardly going on with your Characters is downright "supernatural." And man... Like Mark Twain living off of one great compliment for two months, posts like these just tell me that you're as into my world as I am! And boy, does that feel terrific!

Posts like these say it all. I mean, what do you (you in general) say or do when Beema excitedly pulls up with someone like Scary Jerry who, with all of the spectral spookiness and unnatural quaky vibes the guy naturally gives off now, walks up and says hi as nicely as he can? I don't know about you guys and gals, but I can't ignore somebody like that - they're attention-getters in my world. And here's Herc, very much in that same place (in a place that's not only deep, but very, very relatable), seeing that while the crew is "rising out of the ice" (a wonderful thing!), not all is right in the Mess Hall (Jerry has the eyes of a mannequin; they're lifeless, yet alive!), and here's little Beema the whole time going on about how happy she is to introduce you all (because she genuinely loves you all). I mean... what do you do with that?

So, thanks all of you for your posts, but especially for the ones that really display feelings that show you're connected not only with the game and its people, but with the scene. It makes my day! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!

Side Scene with Toph and Hitomi

Toph smiles at Hitomi, then says, "What do I see in you? Other than your amazing mind, stunning good looks, and your sparkling personality? With each smile you give me, my heart flutters. Every time you laugh, you light up my soul with fireworks. While I truly enjoy our training time in the dojo, I wish to cuddle up with you long into the night, talking about our favorite music, books we've read, or the latest movie we want to go see. I . . . want to be there for you, and hear you say that you . . . love me too."

*Smiles hugely* Just look at this! Miss Muppet is not playing!

If this were a card game, Toph would be raising the pot and breaking out the aces! Go Toph! Good luck!

Purr Purr Short question: Dr. Sonnenfeldt, Ylva's previous supervisor - it's a German name, but where does he/his family come from? Germany? Austria? Switzerland? Somewhere else?

Silanon Silanon
Ylva doesn't know and that's one subject he deftly avoids talking about (as in he quickly changes the subject or deflects with humor). Sonnenfeldt's mannerisms and accent seem to be from one of those three countries (but maaaybe Dutch or even Icelandic if you really stretch it), yet his accent isn't pronounced enough for anyone to be absolutely certain (unlike some Germanic speakers where I think it's darned near obvious if you live in that part of the continent, kind of like how Southerners in America can distinguish between one state and another).

All Ylva knows without a doubt is whenever she has seen Sonnenfeldt count using his fingers, he seems to naturally start with his thumb to signify the number one and not his index finger.

You know - there's something awesome about asking a somewhat trivial question and getting an answer like that in response. Thanks!

As you might have guessed, I'm slowly trying to get a post out there - maybe later today if things work out.

Real life is keeping me busy at the moment, so I'm not sure when I'll get to it - I'm planning to get to it, though, maybe over the week-end.

Silanon Silanon Thanks for the heads-up! Real Life was in my way recently too. Hope it's a good kind of busy on your part - life is to be cherished and learned from, after all! =)

Silanon Silanon Thanks for the heads-up! Real Life was in my way recently too. Hope it's a good kind of busy on your part - life is to be cherished and learned from, after all! =)
Well, it's lots of struggling with little gain at the moment - with a big step in the right direction by the end of it, hopefully. We'll see how it'll look then, but right now it's tiring. Lots to learn about life, myself and stuff, though, so I have that covered.

Silanon Silanon True thing - for most of my life, I've pondered the meaning of my life. I think I'm here on this Earth to learn something. What it is, I don't know, but I do like learning and sharing and using what I've learned. I also like being here to spread what good I can along the way - to leave the universe a little better than how I found it, despite the daily challenges from my ADHD and all.

Keep your chin up, Sil! I'm rooting for you and so are my Characters (they "talk" to me on a regular basis and that's just the way it has been for decades). =) If you're feeling tired, it's probably because you are making your way up a mountain instead of just plodding along on flat terrain. Climbing the mountain can be a real bitch, but climbing mine has helped forge me into the Dannigan I've long wanted to be. It's taken a long time, but time is what life is made up of. The journeys I've had, looking back, were all worth it. Sherwood was there for some of it. He knows, too. Kaerri is here with me for my current climbs. She lightens my load just by being who she is.

When I was younger, I was tired then, but it's not the fatigue I look back on - it's the cool things I've learned and shared along with the goodness I tried to leave behind.

I own a special compass. It has a favorite poem by Robert Frost in it (see the photos in the reviews! It's really that gorgeous!). I keep it to remind me of my previous mountains, my future mountains, and how to try to keep from getting lost, and of tiring times, some of which I still go through now, but hey! After I eventually die, what will I take with me? My memories and what I have learned from them. Sure, the fatigue is a pain in the butt, but when I look down behind me into my distant and dusty past, down from the many mountains I have climbed, I see the clouds I am among and those still I have yet to reach. I am so happy to be up here and not down there on that flat plain of gray, easy complacency. Up here? The view is so much better! =)

So keep climbing, Sil! I'm right here with ya, compass, poem, and all! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back