• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter One

Cap'n sez (as Herc), "He also felt an aching pain in one of his ankles, but he wasn't immediately sure which of his ten ankles was hurt.  He saw flashes of the past twenty-four hours, but from totally different perspectives. Practicing with Hitomi, going on patrol in my new VHT, nervously awaiting Baby's delivery, taking this experimental Valkyrie out for her first simulated combat. The events flowed through him, like watching five movies simultaneously and he gained an insight to each person stood with him."  

As cool as this would be, this does not take place .  Not unless it's all in Herc's imagination (for I think Herc did hear all of these things at one point or another?).  And Greeks are quite the creative people!  8D  

To be specific, each of your characters saw words appearing in their minds that did not belong to them, and when Shirley began to sing in her mind, each of you saw and heard every word and note as clearly as if she was using her voice.  No pictures, flashbacks, empathic sharing of injuries, etc.  Again, it's neat, but it's not what happened.  Sorry!  =)

Cap'n sez (as Herc), "He also could not suppress a blush as Mario's unfiltered thoughts about Shirley resonated in his mind."  

This part, however, does happen as Herc saw and heard (as opposed to only saw) every word Mario was thinking until contact was broken.  And yes, Mario's thoughts resonated in everyone else's minds too...  Have fun with that.  =)

Sorry I misunderstood. I'm just brain-fried after a series of long, hard nights (my first as a full Staff Nurse, so there's a thing) and my head is still recovering. I'll re-read and start again once I'm able to think clearly.

Captain Hesperus

No worries, @Captain Hesperus and congratulations, Cap'n Full Staff Nurse, sir!  Go, you! =)  *insert sounds of cheering kittens here*  Sniper-kittens everywhere salute you!

Sounds like you've been running hard for longer than might be healthy.  Take it from the hyperkinetic guy here and relax as opportunity allows?  =)

Yes, nursing is no longer the 'stopping at 3pm for a pot of tea round the nurse's station while updating the cardex'. Now it's 'run around like your hair's on fire until 30 minutes after your shift finishes so you can stop to update the cardex'. But yet, nursing continues to be one of the lowest paid graduate careers. 

Captain Hesperus 

My wife feels your pain. Up until recently, she was a pharmacy technician. For what she did and had to put up with, she was very underpaid. 

Lack of proper compensation - one of the big reasons Florida lacks a healthy supply of quality nurses.

Edited. I hope that's more in keeping with what you were expecting, Dann.

Captain Hesperus

- Cap'n.  Re: Expectations.  In my world, "expectation" is something of a loaded word (when they're not lived up to, they lead to disappointment; something I try to avoid in all my relationships).  I try to lean more towards hopes than expectations.  When I'm reading everyone's posts, I'm just there hoping for each of you to write as accurately and as freely as you may within the story (and, whether you do or not, I really want you have fun doing it!  That's what games are all about after all and what we're here for!  Heh!).  =)

As for your rewrite, it's excellent!  What you have written falls well within the story, it very much sounds and feels like Herc (whom you've proven is yet another terrific character of yours standing beside Otiorin and Alex), and best of all, I hope that the act of writing has, at least for a little while, taken your hurried mind away from the troubles of your world and into a place more soothing, more creative, and again - more fun!  That's what RPing often does for me!  =)

Thanks for taking the time and effort to rewrite it, Cap'n!  =)

Honor and fun,

Dann =)

Heya folks!  Real Life has had me going recently (seriously, I crashed yesterday afternoon and evening and all throughout the night - I just woke up after about 13 hours of sleep).  I hope to post soon.  Hope life is treating you well!  =)

Psychie (as Toph) sez (to Mario), "You need to have me take a look at it as soon as we can get you to the clinic."  

Hey lady?  I have to ask - what exactly does Toph intend to at a clinic?  Again, we're talking about a day-old sprained ankle here.  Besides adding some tape and gauze to keep it steady while having him take care of it, the only solution I know for that kind of injury is time and rest.  How would going to the Eglin clinic (a side-trip) help Mario?  

Also, I want to point out that while painful, I didn't mean for this injury to change the direction of the story (if you guys, say, wait it out while Mario heals up, well, the rest of the world will still spin and things will change whether you're involved in them or not.  In other words, the sooner you guys get to the adventure, the better.  Post lunch, briefing, and arming up, of course).  =)

I was more trying to just play in character, having a concern for a injured comrade.  Its not a big deal to have to play out, it can either be edited out from my post as to not worry about it, or it can just be said that Toph has Mario get his ankle taped up well and gets him back on his feet.

@Psychie Ah, okies!  Thanks for spelling it out for me (I need that sometimes).  Sometimes I think G.M. should stand for Goofius Maximus (at least it should in my case).  =)

Since Toph's intent is to improve Mario's health one way or the other, if you like we could go the latter route for everyone's benefit and say that on the trek there, Toph uses either the gauze and tape from a first aid kit that's onboard the hover truck (I'm willing to say there is one) or Toph might request the use of Hitomi's medical bag (which she brought with her, seeing as she wasn't the one trying out for the "Robotech Leet Squad" here.  Hah!).  Or anything else you can think of?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would believe that Mario would have done his best to tape up his own ankle in the morning, knowing that he was going to be reporting for the special assignment.  I can have him pop off his boot and give a quick exam and rewrap his foot for best support.

That works!  Besides that, Toph's the doc so I imagine her wraps would be even better for Mario's ankle than Mario's own.

So...  in order for Toph to have Mario's ankle at maximum stability, let's do this - we'll just have Elinor take off Mario's boot and then Herc will grab Mario's other ankle and dangle him upside down just off the hover truck while it is driving at maximum safe speed (don't want lunch getting cold, you know) and then Toph can use her exceptional physical prowess to tape up Mario juuuuuuuuust right.  If everyone rolls well enough (I have my dice ready), Mario should be taped up fine in no time!

Of course, this all assumes no one fumbles and Mario doesn't go flying. 

Hah!  Just kidding!  =)

Psychie (as Toph) sez, "I'll have to put a few extra miles on the treadmill tomorrow to pay for all of this or I'll soon be as fat as General Steele.  Then I wouldn't be able to fit in my Ajax!"  

Ha ha!  I love it!  =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, better the mental scarring than the scarring that might appear after said proctologist's "work."  *Hands Sherwood the brain bleach.*  =)

Ha ha ha!  *waits for Sherwood to return fire*  =)

<innocent blink>  I am the heart and soul of purity and goodness.  Hardly the kind of person you would be able to shake a cane at, you old codger!

Just remember, we only tease because we loooooove you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back