• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that we are able to destroy the pack. I'd hate to hit it and roll crappy damage and see the Zeki get away with it.

Well, once it is Mario's turn, I hope to be able to make the shot successfully if it has not been done before then.

Here's another one. I don't see that any of the Mjolnir weapons have any extra to-hit bonuses, like the Spartas' Eu-11 rifle does. Am I missing any, or is it just the standard MECT combat bonuses that you get?
O.K.! Sherwood Sherwood Forgive me Bud; I can't imagine that you'll like this answer, but I assure you it is as fair as I can be. And I must be fair. I just realized while looking through this that I'm doing the Players' work for them.

I have reread the Mjolnir description and have come to a satisfactory answer. However, in all fairness I can't share it with you until after the scenario is finished. At that time, you are welcome to ask me again.

There comes a point where I strongly feel the Players must know their stuff. The information you're asking for is there to look up (as opposed to information that is not there and in my head).

You're welcome to ask questions you can't look up (like, would we have ever spotted the door to whatever this thing is if Eadric hadn't blasted away the Red Thunder Cloud it was hiding in?).

However, you also have four other Players to ask. Can anyone else help Sherwood with his excellent question? =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Well, Hercules is the closest to Jerry so my priority is snatching him up. I would take a shot, but I worry that it might impede my primary objective.

Captain Hesperus

Okay then, we'll go for the shot with the main gun, using an Action Point to nail it.

Captain Hesperus

Cool deal!

At the Wild Cards' experience level, an Action Point is rolled using not 1 but 2d6 and choosing the highest of the 2. When I get some dice in front of me, I wish Herc luck!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus For the sake of ammo tracking, what kind of round is Herc firing?

Silanon Silanon

Initiative order. Beginning of Action #1, Round 2 - The Red Thunder Cloud is closing in. Time until it engulfs you: 3 Rounds.
20 - Eadric in BOOP (Mode: Jet). Actions left: 6.
17 - Hercules in Toothgnasher (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 5.
15 - Ylva and Trouble in Munin (Mode: Guardian). Actions left: 10.
10 - Toph in Freki (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 7.
6 - Mario in Toothgrinder (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 11
? - Officer Battle Pods #1, #2, #3, and #4
? - Modified Male Power Armor #1, #2, and #3.

So... what would the other characters have taught Ylva about the explosive dogs during our two-week downtime? She's seen them in her prologue, but if there's something to be shared she'd happily let Eadric know as well.

Exploding rocket-powered projectile Wargoths are new to us as well.

Captain Hesperus

We ran into the rocket propelled Wargoths early on in the game when we were destroying the Zentraedi Assault Scout. It was a tough fight for us against the Zeki Beastmaster, but Toph was able to deliver the final blow to him.

So... what would the other characters have taught Ylva about the explosive dogs during our two-week downtime?
Unless you asked it back then, you didn't learn it. There was a hell of a lot to cover. You probably got something like, "the Zeki shoot living missiles at you that if they get you, they crawl up to your cockpit and blow you to pieces. So don't let them get you."

That two-week crash course into joining the UEEF, as taught to the Wild Cards by the Marine Recon Force better known as Adamantium, was a quick basic training course introducing you to the ways of the UEEF Marines who do not even exist in this year of 2025.

One important lesson Adamantium stressed during that course was the value of teamwork.

"Just cuz you in a group with the same uniforms on don't make you no team."

"A solid team - one who's 'good in the woods' - knows each other so well they often don't need to talk to communicate. For hours, even days at a time. For us? A light snap of the fingers. One look. Maybe motion of one hand. That's all we need. It took us a long time to get that level."

"Marines aren't individuals. Marines are pack animals. Mega-damage wolves with machine guns. Fellow killers whose togetherness wreaks havoc among mere groups of individuals."

In that spirit, Ylva has the option of calling the Broadsword bridge for assistance and if the bridge can provide it, they will. =)

Edit: Silanon Silanon And if you have the writing skills to make the request brief (and I have confidence that you do), I'll count it as a Free Action so that Ylva can still take that shot. How do you fancy that, Mista Silly Sil? =)

Last edited:
I hope to post here in the next 24. Stay safe and healthy, Gang! =)

Muppet blinks away the flare of the explosion, wondering just what the hell Scary Jerry was packing to make such an explosion. "Holy shit! That was one hell of a bang. Everyone, sound off your status, and keep your eyes open for more Zeki out there in the fringes of that red cloud."
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Yo! Anyone want their characters to sound off here? =)

(I'm just tagging Kaerri so she's not left out. =))

Heya Friends! My brain got really foggy a couple of hours ago so I'm going to try to post again tomorrow. Happiness to you! =)

Heya Gang! This is the 4th (?) day of my brain foggy headaches. I've been trying to make that post (it's fun, but it requires lots of focus on my part) so I'll keep trying. Hope you've all gotten your holiday shopping done!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Sorry to hear about your foggy head, Dann. Get feeling better. We can wait a little longer for a quality Dannigan post instead of a low-quality brain-fogged one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back