• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about adding a section that would tell you how many Actions each of you had remaining (as opposed to how many actions which action you were on).
I'm not sure what you're saying in the parentheses, but knowing how many actions we have left sounds good. Maybe something like "Eadric: on 2/6" to indicate Eadric was up for the second of his six actions? That would tell me how many were left.

I'm not sure what you're saying in the parentheses, but knowing how many actions we have left sounds good. Maybe something like "Eadric: on 2/6" to indicate Eadric was up for the second of his six actions? That would tell me how many were left.
That's because I made the mistake of speaking into my phone without editing it. Derp! Did you know it is a full moon? Wheee!

Just intuitively, I'd count down, not up - so it'd be 4/6 actions remaining, in the example. That way, we'd be at 0 when there are no actions left. But that might just be personal preference. Other than that, I don't think I need more than just the list we have at the moment - knowing when people get to act. Never felt like I had to look something up that makes sense to have in there.

Just intuitively, I'd count down, not up - so it'd be 4/6 actions remaining, in the example. That way, we'd be at 0 when there are no actions left. But that might just be personal preference.
Huh! I was only going to use one number:

"Actions left: 7."

And leave it at that. =)

I hope to post in the next 48 hours or so. It all depends on how the days go on. My life outside the computer screen... is very interesting! =)

However it works for you, my good man. I'm sure we will adapt and adjust as needed.

Cool! Hey bud! I hope you're having a good day!

Yup. Just chillin' out here at home with the family, doing some postings.

Huh! I was only going to use one number:

"Actions left: 7."

And leave it at that. =)
Works for me! That's all I need, actually. Just meant to say that I find Kaerri's version above unintuitive, though I'd also get used to it quickly, I reckon. As Sherwood said - do it however it works best for you, we'll figure it out.

I am going to try something else new too; one post per PC/NPC in Initiative order. I want to see how that works. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag! Herc's up!

So yeah! Thanks for your patience, everybody! We go from a few weeks with no in-game posting... to overdrive! Talk about a writing challenge, one of the big issues I had prior to contracting food poisoning was the sheer scope of all that takes place in these next few Actions (before Cap'n/Herc get to go). Keeping it all in my head but being unable to write it was a real drag. But it's in-game now!

Initiative order. Beginning of Action #1, Round 1 - The Red Thunder Cloud is closing in. Time until it engulfs you: 4 Rounds (1 minute.)
20 - Eadric in BOOP (Mode: Jet). Actions left: ?
19 - Zeki Officer Pods #1, #2, and #4.
17 - Hercules in Toothgnasher (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 7.
15 - Ylva and Trouble in Munin (Mode: Guardian). Actions left: 11.
10 - Toph in Freki (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 8.
6 - Mario in Toothgrinder (Mode: Tank). Actions left: ?

Kaerri Kaerri Whoops! I forgot to ask - which Martial Art System is Eadric using right now? (That's why there's a "?" by his Actions left.) =)
Sherwood Sherwood Same! Is Mars using Tae Kwon Do or Muay Thai Kick Boxing (and for the love of my sanity, could you please go into your character sheet and spell these systems the way I just did? That "Tai" in each of them is... not right! =) ).

EDIT: Re: Which system. I should have asked this from the get-go, but since it's my mistake and Initiative has already been rolled using your primary system, I'll allow either of you to swap your system to your secondary if you want to. =)

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood Same! Is Mars using Tae Kwon Do or Muay Thai Kick Boxing (and for the love of my sanity, could you please go into your character sheet and spell these systems the way I just did? That "Tai" in each of them is... not right! =) ).
Tae Kwon Do for me, please. And I'll edit my sheet for you so you don't have a headache whenever you look at Mario.

Up in the sky, looking down, it is like someone took an eraser to a gigantic chalkboard and hurriedly moved it from left to right leaving only dust and whatever it was hiding. Down below, for Captain Sharp and the Wild Cards, a 100 foot wide swath of the cloud is nearly vaporized leaving behind small tendrils of debris and wisps of gauzy smoke that don't seem to know which way to blow...

...along with four red and black Zeki Zentraedi Officer's Pods with their guns trained on the Wild Cards!
Eadric:

With Kaerri and Sherwood's choices, we have:

Initiative order. Beginning of Action #1, Round 1 - The Red Thunder Cloud is closing in. Time until it engulfs you: 4 Rounds (1 minute.)
20 - Eadric in BOOP (Mode: Jet). Actions left: 7.
17 - Hercules in Toothgnasher (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 7.
6 - Mario in Toothgrinder (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 12! (Go Mario!)

20 - Eadric in BOOP (Mode: Jet). Actions left: 7.
17 - Hercules in Toothgnasher (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 6.
6 - Mario in Toothgrinder (Mode: Tank). Actions left: 12! (Go Mario!)

Thanks for the Great Scene, Cap'n! That feels good! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang!

Sil will be with us when able. I've decided to wait until he's ready to post as Ylva! It's the least I can do. Really! I mean, between my migraines, my food poisoning, Hurricane Ian, and anything else you can think of, you guys and gals have been marvelously patient with me! And so, in terms of this combat and shooting, dodging, etc., we wait.

However... I say you gals and guys are free to chat with your characters in-game right now! I don't know about you, but if I don't play a character or a game long enough, I lose them. Don't you? So... the Wild Cards are welcome to use Free Actions to RP here in this South Pole combat. Have at!

But hey! What's this I see? Another fun little RP-worthy tidbit I've been waiting to drop on you guys? Here? During the Broadsword's pick-up of the wounded (okay, partially mauled) Adamantium team? During First Flight's... um... first flight on the planet Earth? During your waiting to see what Captain Sharp's fate is? And with only our brave and intrepid Wild Card Traversers between the Broadsword crew and the tremendous threat of the Zeki-Zentraedi Red Thunder Cloud?

Yes! I CAN INDEED squeeze one more bit of fun in here!

Waaaanaaa see? Heh heh heh!

Grunt N7 GIF by Mass Effect

Hee hee!

I think Hercules be like:

"Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now? (Video Version)"

I will try to post again later today. Real life calls!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! Catch up in-game then read this? =)

If any of the other Wild Cards would like the shot at noticing what is taking place with Hercules on Toothgnasher, let me know and I will happily roll a Perception check to see if your character sees it. This includes Eadric.

Due to all manner of circumstances, we are holding comment initiative now for the moment. But I noticed some of The Gang have not posted in-character in over a month. I don't know about you, but I begin to lose touch with my characters if I don't post with them on a regular basis.

So I thought, "Hey! This is a good opportunity to do so if they want to!"

Who wants to? The polyphonic nexus you have is still up to communicate with (sans Eadric). I can roll and let you know!

Just to make it official, Toph has a Perception bonus of +8 to try and spot any Zeki mecha with the weird tech on them. Otherwise, she will hammer the next available target.

Just to make it official, Toph has a Perception bonus of +8 to try and spot any Zeki mecha with the weird tech on them. Otherwise, she will hammer the next available target.
Psychie Psychie Yep! As a reminder, we are still in combat using the Initiative order I last posted here in Fat Gandalf's. =)

We are holding on Ylva until Sil is ready to post again. They have too much time goes by, I'll eventually have Ylva delay, but that's where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back