• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya Gang! I hope to post in-game within the next 24 hours. Stay safe! =)

Heya Gang! It's going to get even more dangerous soon. Hope you guys and gals are ready to roll Initiative shortly!

Oh. And have your thinking caps on! Brute force alone is not going to get you out of this one. =)

I should have a post up in a couple of hours or three. =)

(Whew! Yeah, I was about right. Three hours! =) )

Question: Eadric only hears BOOP and Ylva (now that Trouble's no longer licking her helmet), correct? Not Sharp or any of the others on the Wild Cards' radios?

Kaerri Kaerri Correct! Eadric is not on the UEEF main channel. My pardon! I should have mentioned that. =)

Ylva might want to give him a heads-up about the incoming Broadsword, then...

Well, I can't let him shoot down the Broadsword, can I? Too much to explore on it... Is there time for that before initiative?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon Tag!

Initiative order. Beginning of Action #1, Round 1 - The Red Thunder Cloud is closing in. Time until it engulfs you: 4 Rounds (1 minute.)
Eadric in BOOP (Mode: Jet): 18+2 = 20
Captain Sharp in Spartas (Mode: Tank) (first time he's been in your Initiative order!): 19
Shirley in Geri (Mode: Tank): 18
Hercules in Toothgnasher (Mode: Tank): 17
Cera also in Geri (Mode: Tank): 16
Ylva and Trouble in Munin (Mode: Guardian): 15
Toph in Freki (Mode: Tank): 10
Mario in Toothgrinder (Mode: Tank): 6
Zeki Red Thunder Cloud: ??

NOTE TO ALL: If you would rather your mecha start in a different mode than the one I have selected, let me know here in Fat Gandalf's!

Kaerri, it's Eadric's turn! Am I reading Eadric's Character Sheet right in that he has a +2 Initiative bonus outside of an AJAX (from Aikido)? Any other bonuses to Initiative? I don't see a tally anywhere.

Well, the plan is simple - you stop the cloud, then Ylva can analyse the remains on her initiative step. Leaves Toph and Mario to get the medicine, and we're out before the cloud ever did a thing. I mean, that's definitely how Dann designed the encounter, right?

Kaerri, it's Eadric's turn! Am I reading Eadric's Character Sheet right in that he has a +2 Initiative bonus outside of an AJAX (from Aikido)? Any other bonuses to Initiative? I don't see a tally anywhere.
He has +2 from Aikido, +1 from HEMA (single sword), and +1 from HEMA (staff). I didn't think they counted unless he was actively using the relevant style (though it's probably fair to say his "default" is Aikido, especially now when he's just called on it to calm his mind).

Kaerri Kaerri You are correct that the Initiative bonuses do not stack. O.K.. =)

But now I'm wondering if he could stack the two HEMA bonuses if he dual-wielded staff and sword, Gandalf-style!

Dr House Oops GIF

Heya Gang! I am trying to figure out what precisely to do with what the dice "told" me. I hope to post here next. Your patience is appreciated! =)

Obviously, the dice told you that Eadric's brilliant shot totally eradicated the red cloud and every bad guy in or near it, leaving all the good guys safe and free to do as they will. ^;3^

I see you've been hanging around Sherwood and Psychie! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

I've got a question for everybody. What information do you like to see in an Initiative table? What helps you and what doesn't help you?

I was thinking about adding a section that would tell you how many Actions each of you had remaining (as opposed to how many actions which action you were on).

Here's our current setup:

Initiative order. Beginning of Action #1, Round 1 - The Red Thunder Cloud is closing in. Time until it engulfs you: 4 Rounds (1 minute.)
Eadric in BOOP (Mode: Jet): 18+2 = 20
Captain Sharp in Spartas (Mode: Tank) (first time he's been in your Initiative order!): 19
Shirley in Geri (Mode: Tank): 18
Hercules in Toothgnasher (Mode: Tank): 17
Cera also in Geri (Mode: Tank): 16
Ylva and Trouble in Munin (Mode: Guardian): 15
Toph in Freki (Mode: Tank): 10
Mario in Toothgrinder (Mode: Tank): 6
Zeki Red Thunder Cloud: ??

Also, I have about half of what I wanted to post in game written in rough draft. There's a lot going on. I'll see if I can get the rest of it going tonight, but no promises. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back