• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are terrible. ^;3^

And a good thought it and one I was hoping someone would ask here in Fat Gandalf's!

It certainly appears to be, but only someone well-grounded in serious electrical skills (see what I did there?) or someone with both Weapons Engineer and Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical skill could safely make the change. =)
Elinor has Electrical Engineering, Weapon Systems (though not Weapons Engineer), and NBC Warfare. Though I feel I should point out she still has no idea Mario is in need of such since she can't see what he's doing or read the instructions he was given. As far as she currently knows, he's finished his task, because that's what he's said.

For you to keep the in-game and out-of-game information separate is excellent role-playing. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Pardon me. I got lost with all the funny puns and I need a clear picture.

Given all of Mario's options, which route is he taking?

Does Mario have the skill to be able to remotely set the second bomb to go off earlier? I just don't want to go running through the ship to find the bomb and possibly run into another fight if I can do it over the radio.

If not, then screw it. I'll fire one, then let the second bomb go off on its own later and see what kind of damage the two blasts do to the ship.

Mario has asked through the nexus for any input on if he should fire. No one has given me any feedback on that.

OK, I feel like a broken record here, but Mario DOES still have the option of asking his teammates if THEY have the skills to adjust it...

If you don't want to do it that way, or Mario wouldn't think to ask, I'll shut up and just go along with what's happening.

I have no input on whether Mario should fire. I'm still waiting to see if he's going to bother with changing the timers, with or without help. Because, y'know, it seems remotely changing them IS a thing, even if that option is being ignored/overlooked/forgotten for whatever reason.

Elinor has no input on whether Mario should fire. She knows she's got an incomplete idea of what's going on, so she's leaving it up to people who actually know, assuming anybody does.

Again. If none of this is relevant to anyone else's decision process, which seems to be the case since this is the third time it's come up... just ignore me and I won't bring it up again.

Toph did just call out to the Colonel on the radio to see what he has to say, so if he wants us to coordinate the detonation of the two bombs, we'll do that. Otherwise, we can let the timers run down on their own.

Hmm... "What we've got here is failure to communicate." - Strother Martin from Cool Hand Luke (1967).

Forgive me, Gang. I have mistakenly made the situation overly long and complicated.

I thought the idea of having the ability to shoot nuclear bombs back at an enemy that has so terribly wronged you and your team to be a wonderfully fun idea.

Instead, we have miscommunications and frustration when there should be fun.

Kaerri, I know how important words and clear communication is to you, and how you feeling ignored gets on your nerves. For what it's worth, I am listening to you.

Sherwood, to answer your question again, Mario alone does not have the training needed to remotely coordinate the bombs. Mario does not appear to want his teammates' help, instead preferring to go that part alone. However he is willing to obey commands from his superiors, as always. You have made clear Mario's intentions if he lacks the skills, so I will go with that.

Psychie, I appreciate your help trying to smooth the situation and have Toph find out what Colonel Sharp wants by contacting him via radio. As Kaerri mentioned, he is not part of your polyphonic nexus and has heard none of your traffic there.

* * *​

I will cut to the chase and keep this as simple as I can. Sherwood Sherwood would you give me a tank Strike roll for Mario, please?

I will do the rest, and continue the story based upon how the dice treat you.

I apologize for the confusion, folks. Your overall situation is confusing enough as it is, with lots of unanswered questions. The fault for that is mine.

Good luck on the roll, Sherwood.

Just barely. If you had rolled low, that would have been funny in a tragic, oh my God kind of way.

Psychie Psychie Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood

O.K. Gang. I tried to keep this simple, but it's just not working for me.

For days now, I have been hung up on this disagreement between Kaerri and Sherwood. It is directly affecting my ability to post in-character.

It's been a rough week in my real life, including a serious migraine I suffered just yesterday.

I'm not certain how to proceed here. I just know that we need to.

We do have Toph calling to the colonel to see what he has to say. If all else fails, I can go ahead and fire the nuke and just get it over with.

Uh, I'm referring to Kaerri's last OOC post. Did you guys read that?

While I understand all too well that players will have their differences, I have always been the kind of Game Master (and guy, really) who isn't really having fun unless everyone is having fun.

When I see OOC posts like that, someone's not having fun. So, part of me strongly feels like I should do something to make it right (hence these posts). I even do it when I'm a player. It's just the way I am.

But I think knowing its happening is messing with my in-game brain (call it worry)...?

As I see it, for our actions in game, we can have Mario fire and the hell with the timer, we go get the second bomb and maybe run into another fight like we just had, we wait for the timers to run down on their own, or we try to alter the timer remotely.

Mario has communicated through the nexus asking for some input, and Toph has called out to the colonel asking him for some direction on the question of what to do. I hate to have any tensions between us, but other than what Toph has done, the ball is in Mario's court.

Over the nexus, Mario sends the thought, "Everyone, I don't think we have the time to tweak that second bomb remotely."

Sherwood Sherwood Actually, given Mario's background and education, he would know there is enough time to do just that, but only if Toph or Elinor zip over to him, jump out, and tweak it. Both Toph and Elinor both possess the quickness and the know-how. Mario's a Weapons guy - he knows the process is basically pretty easy for someone who's been trained.

With that knowledge, it's up to you to edit your post if you want or leave it as is. Your call. I'm going with what happens in-game. =)

I thought it would be longer. Thanks for the heads up. I'll edit now.

Yes, lady, you certainly do. Thanks for asking.

Remember Action Points provide bonuses to d20 rolls or d100 rolls. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back