• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I have a chance to figure some of that out with my Radio: Basic roll? Obviously, there would be minuses, but I might get lucky.

Damn. Well, at least it wasn't a fumble. I am thinking that we'll have to rely upon Sam and his people to help iron out the details on my idea of having us out in some remote location.

Would I have a chance to figure some of that out with my Radio: Basic roll? Obviously, there would be minuses, but I might get lucky.

With Basic? I'm afraid not. We're talking about mega-damage microelectronics here and probably darned good ones at that. Shirley doesn't have any skills that could do the job either. But... if anyone else could come up with a solution, it's the Test Pilot/Engineer in your team, Elinor. =)

Damn it, Mario! I'm a doctor, not a electrician!

Had to channel my inner Dr. McCoy from Star Trek for that one!

Okies. I'm going to try to get some sleep again. I think all this RPing and fun has helped this brain of mine! Thanks for that! =)

Kaerri Kaerri Just sending an alert your way because this game unexpectedly caught fire while you were in Dreamland. =)

Elinor's earlier thought about claiming EMP damage was turned down because Steele would've sent his SpecOps team to investigate. Does that mean the EMP damage is also unfeasible, or can we use that to get rid of the bugs? This is total sci-fi inspiration, not actual science, but in (sci-fi) theory, a kind of EMP will take out sensitive electronics but not cause direct harm to people (aside from any sparks the special effects guys throw in). Engineering wise, given Elinor's background, does she think this is a believable solution?

An Electrical Engineer roll is in order to find out. Yellow dice as usual? =)

As with Mario's roll, there is a difficulty modifier (also only at -5% due to Elinor's extensive education; someone like Shirley or Toph would take -15% or more here).
Elinor's Electrical Engineer percentage is... 72% - 5% - 67%
I rolled the yellows and came up with a 66%!

Whoa! Say 'hooray' to making the roll because of Kaerri's choice to give Elinor an I.Q. bonus! Who says I.Q. is a dump stat in a combat game? =)

I have now unwatched and rewatched both this thread and the IC one. Hopefully that fixed the alerts problem...

I will try for an Elinor post after I've done Bren's.

I'm really enjoying the in-character thoughts and teamwork between Wild Cards right now. =)

Re: My last post. A thought struck me as Shirley was reaching for the intercom button. "Maybe you guys still had something you wanted to say in private before they re-entered?" Not knowing, I figured I would write up that post in a way that allowed you and your characters any such comments or thoughts to share while Iris and Sam were still out of the room. Just a thought! =)

Mmm, I'm good. From my point of view, Mario is all set to talk to the crew of the Broadsword and move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back