• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Gang! I hope to post later today. I need to get the story moving. =)

Sherwood! And you thought Elinor was going to razz Mario! For shame! =)

She figures he's going to get enough from Toph and especially Shirley about it. ^;3^

Things can still go very bad once Shirley is up and has a chance to look Mario in the eye and have a little talk about what happened.

I should be able to post here tomorrow. =)

Here's a little something I want to point out. =)

Thanks for outing me to Shirley, LT. Now we get to see what her reaction will be. Hopefully she won't blame me for the sleeping arrangements that I had no control over.

While Mario is absolutely right that Elinor outed him to Shirley...

"You might have been the first asleep, but not by that much; I don't reckon you've been awake much longer'n we have. Surely not enough to get something going like that. Never you mind, I'm sure Sam or Iris have a proper explanation for it, and I'll just defend you from Shirley until we get it, OK?"

...Elinor never said she was going to hide this situation from her squadron leader and fellow woman!

So (and, as always, correct me if I'm wrong, please!), I see some wonderful roleplaying on the parts of both players from both characters. Mario is the kind of fellow who would have wanted the situation swept under the rug and forgotten about (as it is his hide he thinks is on the line). Elinor is the kind of southern woman who would have wanted it brought out in the open A.S.A.P. so that it didn't disappear under the rug, but instead, got talked about, cleaned up, and given a real solution (and possibly, lesson), hopefully bringing everyone that much closer together in understanding.

Any way you look at it, I'm lovin' the roleplaying! It's good to be the GM (a silly take from Mel Brooks's excellent line, "It's good to be the king!")! =)

Spaceman Sam nodded again. "YOUR PRESUMPTION IS CORRECT. HOWEVER, WE ARE NO LONGER JUST OFF THE COAST OF THE FLORIDA 'PANHANDLE'. AS WE HAD EXPECTED, MANY TOOK INTEREST IN THE NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION OF THE ASSAULT SCOUT. WHILE SAID FORCES ARE NOT LIKELY TO RECOVER ANYTHING OF USE (BOTH HALVES OF THE ASSAULT SCOUT WERE DESTROYED IN THE BLAST). IN ORDER TO KEEP THE BROADSWORD HIDDEN, WE TRAVELED SOUTH. WE ARE NOW 155 MILES WEST-BY-SOUTHWEST FROM THE CITY OF SARASOTA, FLORIDA. WE ARE SUBMERGED 735 METERS BELOW SEA LEVEL AT ALL STOP."

The tablet then showed a terrific map of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico.

For those wondering (since it can take a while to find if you don't have a general idea of where to look), we started near the top left of that map, and Sarasota is directly to the right of the bottom of the "a" in the big "Florida." Not a large distance to travel in several hours, but we're definitely far outside the range of where anyone's likely to look for us. ^;3^

Psychie Psychie You are most welcome, Psychie! You have been a rock star since Day One. I am proud and grateful to have you in my games. =)

Heya folks! Hold your horses, if you please! We have a little steamrolling going on. =)

My definition of steamrolling = to aggressively push forward one's own agenda without regard to the other people playing the game. (This can be done quite innocently as I believe the case is here.)

Example:

Once some more food was brought in, Mario digs into it with gusto. Finally sated, he waits for the team to be in the room by themselves before bringing up any of the concerns and thoughts on his mind. Placing his hands flat on the table, Mario says,

Sherwood Sherwood Please either edit or save this otherwise-wonderful scene until Toph's questions have been answered and until Kaerri has posted.

Psychie, Kaerri (RP Nation will not let me alert you for some reason). Please temporarily disregard Mario's speech until after your characters have had a chance to resolve their own interactions (like Toph's questions to Sam and Iris).

Do continue the scene from where Toph left off. Once done, then we'll return to Mario.

All of this should not take long before we are back on track. =)

Psychie, I had to laugh when I logged on yesterday and saw some 8 alerts, most of them your posts in my games and in Sherwood's! The first thing I thought was, "That lady is cleaning house tonight!" Hah! =)

Toph lets out an angry sound. "Damnit, I'm supposed to be a simple fighter pilot and doctor, not the savior of the whole stinkin' planet! This stuff is over my head and way over my pay grade. Sam, you and your ship here has dumped a whole basket load of trouble in our laps, and I have no idea on how to deal with it."

I am so very glad someone brought this up! Thank you, Psychie! =)

EDIT: Of course, the way it was brought up has created a response I wasn't expecting from my NPCs, but everyone should be true to their characters. =)

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood
Please either edit or save this otherwise-wonderful scene until Toph's questions have been answered and until Kaerri has posted.

If you aren't comfortable editing that post, I can do it. I need it edited or it will (very likely) throw me for a loop in the future when I am looking back on this stage of the story. What would you like?

Heya Gang!

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

I hope you don't mind me getting the story moving again. I wanted to give a little more time for posts, then that migraine hit and shut me down, and then this morning I was able to put something nice together in Sharseya. Thanks for your patience here in Robotech: Broadsword! =)

Something I think I should elaborate on here - the Wild Cards are in an unusual position to decide their fate right now, wouldn't you say? Sherwood (through Mario) brings up some excellent points! Like Sharseya, the choice is yours. Unlike Sharseya, there will be events that take place during the course of the game. They will go on whichever road you choose (or even if you choose a new road).

So don't think that your characters have to do one thing or another. Do what you think is best (or what your character would think is best or what you think would be the most fun)! I'm a flexible Game Master and I'm ready to go with whatever you choose. =)

I will try and copy/paste that post into my personal workshop, then repost it when the time is right.

Sherwood Sherwood Good! What you did there works fine. Thank you for making the adjustments and understanding the whole (again, minor) steamrolling thing. I feel we are back on that very smooth road we usually roleplay on. =)

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood RP Nation seems to think you're online. Of course, I know Kaerri is - she's sitting right here! (Oh, and this is not a complaint; I cannot tell when Psychie is on, so I'm posting this anyway). =)

So, let me ask this here in Fat Gandalf's so as to be absolutely certain - where do each of you stand as players concerning allying with the Broadsword or your characters remaining with the Army of the Southern Cross? What are your opinions?

As a player, I'd like to tell General Steele where he can go. ^;3^ Seriously, under the circumstances, I think we'll have more freedom outside the army? It will also cut down on the amount of time we spend hiding things from people. I'm personally all for joining with Broadsword one way or another, much like Elinor.

I personally would love to shove a hand grenade up Steele's ass with the pin pulled. Talk about a shit-storm! Seriously, I am not locked in on the idea of having Mario in the ASC.

I'm here, just being a on-line ninja, hiding in the shadows! lol

As a player, I am looking forward to working with the Broadsword team. Toph has her reservations, but in the end, she'll vote to go with the time travelers to save the world. Or, at least, try to do so.

Great! Thanks for the super-fast replies!

I'm asking because, like you, I often have differing opinions from my characters (Shirley and I just had one and it was fine!). I feel I must ask in OOC to know what you, my players, are feeling. I don't want to take the game down a road because of something your characters wanted, but your players possibly felt differently about.

There are several ways to go about working with the Broadsword if that's where you guys are headed. Oh and Psychie? I wouldn't expect anything less from Toph - she's just military that way. =)

All right! As Iris would put, "We have achieved consensus! How harmonious!" =)

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Kaerri Kaerri Having decided this road, there will be some new decisions coming your way. For the next few posts, the Broadsword, Iris, Cera, and maybe even MechaKitten will have information to share with the Wild Cards (and maybe more than that!). After that stage is done, I'd like to know what kind of adventure you guys would find the most exciting? You may recall 2 1/2 years ago when we started all this, I had designed Robotech: Broadsword to be the kind of game where you could adventure in your mechs or out of them and just about everywhere.

What would you like to do next?

1. An S.D.C.-based "Rescue" operation? (Help someone in need. Think martial arts, S.D.C.. combat, knives, guns, very little Mega-Damage items if any. Some brain-work and problem solving.)
2. A mega-suit based "Capture" operation? (Go after a bad guy/gal for his information. Think fast vehicles, chasing, high-action, some exploration in America's No Man's Land. Not much problem-solving.)
3. A mecha-based "Infiltration" operation? (Infiltrate a cache of resources from enemy forces in order to improve your own mecha? Some problem solving, lots of mecha-based action. Not much out-of-the-mech action.)

This isn't a final decision, just an interest check. I'm trying to gauge what sounds fun to the three of you at this point in the game. =)

Plus, this is a good time to introduce a maximum of two new player-characters if anyone wants. I have given Silanon (of Sherwood's Atlantis Adventures) the go-ahead to check out this game and Sharseya just to see if he finds them interesting. He reacted positively, but I get the impression he's unable to join as he's in WlfSamurai's new Robotech game.

I would have to vote for mecha action. I love the hover tank, and would really enjoy more time scrapping up some bad guys.

Hmm. If Mario is looking at the designs for a new hover tank in his future, I wonder what upgrades I might be able to get for my Cookie Monster?

Personally, I like the idea of having a mix of in and out of mecha action. Perhaps an adventure on foot while our equipment is getting worked on by Cera, then back into the mecha to try out the new gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back