• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

Heya Gang! My next post will involve the Briefing Room and all of the crazy people within. =)

Stay safe!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! I'm in that spot where I could use your feedback and constructive criticism again. I am trying to get the game's adventure going while at the same time being sensitive to the PCs and their interactions with the Broadsword's crew.

1. How am I doing in this regard?
2. Are you enjoying yourselves?
3. What do you think about the pacing of the game?
4. How quickly after the movie scene takes place would you guys like to hit Antarctica?
5. What about Robotech: Broadsword would you change if you could/How can I make the game more enjoyable for you?

Please be completely upfront. Tell me what I'm doing right and if I'm doing something wrong, hit me with that too or I'm not going to improve as your Game Master. Put another way, honest feedback is one of the best ways GMs gain "GM xp!" =)

Gang, I will happily take feedback via Conversation! I will take it anyway I can get it!

And for any of you thinking naughty thoughts about that last line, shame on you! Get your minds out of the gutter! *wink and chuckle* =)

From How to be a Great GM (terrific channel). How to Answer: How was my GMing? =)

Terrific channel indeed - haven't seen this particular video yet, but I've seen lots of his videos on character design. I'll check it out later and see if more stuff comes to mind after that.

Thanks again, Sil! Your feedback in Conversation is greatly appreciated. =)

Now I'm still wondering what in the world happened to Psychie Psychie and Sherwood Sherwood . Sorry if I sound like a concerned parent or something; it's just really odd when Psychie hasn't posted anywhere in a week's time and neither of them have apparently seen my Conversation pokes. Hope they're O.K..

Sherwood wrote in one of his posts that he was ill; I haven't seen much of him since, so he might still recover from it.

Yeah, I remember that post. I sent him a Conversation after that.

Hey guys. I have come back from the utter brink of doom. Or, it seemed that way after three days in the hospital. Sorry to worry anyone.

As far as Psychie goes, I heard that her computer died on her, and she is working on getting a new one ASAP.

Hey! Thanks for checking in, you! Glad you're okay now and thanks for the updates! =)

Me too! I'm just glad that I have a great family support system to help take care of my eight year old.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Did either or both of you want to post before I posted next? Did you have anything you wanted your Characters to say?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon Sherwood Sherwood

Hey Gang! Palladium just announced they're doing their Christmas Surprise Package again this year (for the 24th year in a row)! Yes, they do ship overseas (Cap'n and Sil)! I have done this now a few times and I love what I get especially because it's coming straight from Palladium central.

If you're interested then I highly recommend following their instructions to the letter. Order early (especially this year)! Ask for their signatures and any other goodies you'd like to know (how DO you pronounce Xiticix? I know how! Seriously!). Give them those 12-15 gift ideas and I'm willing to bet you'll really like what you're getting. I know I have and I'm doing it again this year!

So, in the spirit of fun and togetherness, I say go for it, Gang! =) Any questions? Let me know!

Final request for feedback. I've had one Player provide any.

Mario is in a holding pattern until he gets some of the answers of what mecha he's going into this in, insertion and extraction methods, and stuff like that. In the meantime, he's set to relax and watch the movie.

The people in charge have no way of knowing those kinds of details until they reach the South Pole (I thought I'd expressed that somewhere in-game? Perhaps I messed up or my ADHD has struck again? Wouldn't be the first time! Plus, these sorts of things happen when I don't post often enough so forgive me if I've goofed here. Woo!).

A hearty "thank you" goes out to the Players who took the time to improve my GMing skills with feedback. Thank you very much! I need your perspectives to be aware of and improve how I do things.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag.

Folks? You might take this moment to thank your fellow Player, Cap'n, for - through the use of talking to the right NPCs and discussing certain topics - unlocking a pair of goodies in Technopolis! Good going, Cap'n! Happy gaming, Gang! =)

Gang? Could I ask for two pieces of specific feedback (don't worry, I'm trying not to make this a "thing" but I do really want to know how I've done in your eyes)? Namely the two goodies Hercules discovered that are now in Technopolis? Do you like or not them? Do they appear fun? Are you looking forward to using them or is it a "groaner" where you hope you never are seen in public with the things? That sort of feedback if you please?

Standard response: The more options, the better. But that ain't really useful feedback. I have only glimpsed over most of the flavor text thus far, gotta take a closer look later. What I can say is that the concepts look awesome, and that the numbers look useful enough to let me want to put them to use. More later, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back