• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Catch up in-game then read this?
The Wild Cards are the only people in the Briefing Room. That means Cera, Elinor, Hercules, Mack, Mario, Toph, Ylva, and of course, wide-eyed frolicking Trouble. That's it. Beema is nearby and ready to either jump on one of your laps or depart entirely at your whim. If you want to invite any other Characters in for this shindig, they will be here, or just have the whole place to yourselves.

What'll it be, Oh Wild Ones?

Does popcorn count as an appropriate snack for Trouble? If not, what else do we have available? There's always fish, of course... no particular requests for Ylva, but we can't let one of the Wild Cards go hungry, right?

Psychie, consider that intercom call made! That'll make Hitomi's day!

Sil, what a thoughtful question! Given Ylva's combination of Chemistry and Xenobiology (next best thing to Veterinary medicine given the game system), and given the dice rolls I just made, Ylva can confidently come to the following "if then" scientific conclusion.

If Trouble's physiology is enough like Earth-born small cats (which seems likely even given his cybernetic nature), then Trouble should have no problem digesting plain ol' popped popcorn; it's the added flavors (butter, caramel, etc.) that might make him feel ill if he tries to ingest any. So don't give him any regardless of how much he whines! Just tell him it's not good for him. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Haven't heard much from Hercules recently, so I have to go by your most recent posts. Hercules does not have to show for the Wild Card movie-watch (no order was given by Mack to do so), but it will definitely feel odd for him not to be there. The choice is yours. Let me know what he's doing if he doesn't go (or what he is doing if he decides to)? =)

I kinda feel that’s what’s been eating at Herc just lately. He’s been trying to be of use, but the high tech level of Broadsword, the advanced skills of the Sams and Samanthas, and his relative lack of understanding of the intricacies of Traversing are making him feel a little superfluous.

Captain Hesperus

It's a lot to take in. Hercules has a road ahead of him that can lead to greatness and an opportunity here on the Broadsword that few in Earth's history have. It's all in what you do with it, I think.

How about you, Gang?

I don't think he's any more superfluous than the rest of the PCs, though I can understand him feeling that way since no one's mentioned it. (Then again, neither has he, except to Beema.) We're all way behind the technological times, way behind Sam and Samantha, and aren't even allowed to go into the Blue World by ourselves, much less explore it. (After two weeks of classes, I figure Hercules is as caught up on the rest of it as the other Wild Cards -- which is to say, still miles behind Stein and possibly a mile or two behind Cera.)

And yet, here we are, expected (by those that are supposed to know more than we do) to be what Earth needs right now. No pressure, huh? But apparently what we've got is what's needed, even if we feel like we're unqualified for it.

Maybe if Herc could bring himself to talk about it with his squad, he'd find his feelings aren't unique. But that sort of requires him being in the same room with them, and he seems to be avoiding that right now. Do you think he just needs some alone time to try to settle in?

Last edited:
I could not have asked this better myself. Well done, ke'chara! =)

Hey, just a short warning - things have been a little busy these last few days, and it'll probably continue like that for a bit - posts might come at an even slower pace for a while, I'll see. Meant to get a post up for Ylva a while ago but it didn't turn into anything substantial yet.

Okies! Thank you so very much for letting us know, Sil? That's very thoughtful of you. =)

Oh and Gang? If there is a minor delay on my posting, I'm working out something behind the scenes. =)

Sorry Gang! Migraine + fatigue hit today. I'll post when able. Please stay safe! =)

Heya Gang! I hope to post within the next 48 hours. Stay safe and have fun!

Okay, Gang. I've hit a wall. It's been too long since I've dived into Broadsword again and I've reached that uncomfortable point again where I'm not sure what I'm doing or where I was going. I may put up a two-parter post (since the party is in two places) when able. While I'm not normally big on throwing blame, I am this time and I'm putting it all on the troublesome migraine I endured last week (and thanks very much to all of you with your kind comments, both past and present! They make me feel good!).

I'm going to continue to work this out. As it stands, it may be two big posts because I appear to have a lot to say? I'll see.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated as I wasn't able to put something together here in the 48 hour-span I earlier mentioned. Mrph ("Mrph," is a general sound of irritation, kind of like a self "Oof" if you will).

Okies, I've got the words rolling again. Slowly, but surely. Definitely a two-parter. Hope you like it!

Heya Gang! Catch up in-game then read this?

Okies! Kaerri, upon reading my post with Hitomi, did not notice there were two pictures inside of a spoiler, so I created two spoilers to complete the single picture that's only in my mind. So... just in case you've read my post and wound up thinking Hitomi just showed up in a Chun Li costume, that was never the case and it's been (successfully?) edited! =)

Heya Gang! Just so we are all on the same page, the movie has not yet started. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Hey you guys and gals! For those Wild Cards in the Briefing Room, I don't want you left bored by what's going on in the corridor outside Drake's and I have a scene in me. Should I post it or wait for your Characters to post; are there things you'd like to express with them first? What are your fancies?

Elinor doesn't have much to say at the moment, so I'm game to see what your scene is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back