• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Eight

Cool deal! Looks like everyone is now done contacting their Character's family and friends so the Side Scenes with Hitomi are complete! My next post will bring us back into the main game and the present with the Broadsword crew above Pacifica! =)

Hey Gang! I will try to post in my games as soon as I can; work life is hectic right now. Stay safe!

Take your time, we're not going anywhere. Certainly hope things calm down on your end, though!

While it's only a matter of time until it does, still, the sooner the better. Hopefully within the next 48 hours or so. Thanks for the well-wishes! =)

Hercules looked out over the vast aquatic city and the veritable horde of Espers flying around with a face of slowly-dawning horror. Everything he saw, from the fleet of Espers, the gigantic city and the immense freaking warship under construction made him wonder what he was getting involved in. He was only a tankie, a man who sat in a massive tin can firing ordinance at stuff that wanted to kill him and those he cared about. All this? It was far beyond his ability to comprehend. A spaceship from the future, traveled back in time and across huge expanses of space to be here with a crew of catpeople and freshly-thawed humans and surferboy robots was close to the limit of his coping strategies, but this new reveal...

Hercules took a couple of big steps back, his breathing ragged in the turbulent wind whipping through the open launch bay door and sat down heavily on one of the supply cases firmly lashed down to the deck. He would need time, lots of it, to process everything that he was witnessing.

Maybe some of Hercules's fellow Wild Cards could step in and, y'know, help a brother out? Looks like he could use it. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

I think this is the part where I pause the story and let Hercules get some help before I continue on? With Hitomi's Side Scenes concluded, I'm ready to go, but clearly good ol' Herc is not. I find myself at a loss as to what to do about it, hence my request for Herc's fellow Wild Cards to help him out. Herc appears to me to be so overwhelmed as to need time so I'm very hesitant to proceed.

I'll pause here with the main story until this gets worked out unless someone else has a better idea?

No, carry on. Time can't stop simply because someone has realised the enormity of the situation they've gotten into. Carry on and let Herc work things out. I do have a post in the works, but I'm working.

Captain Hesperus

I don't mind time slowing a bit if the alternative is one of the PCs blows a brain-fuse because his GM threw too much "wow" at him. That's all I'm worried about. I've never had a Character act this way before.

But I trust you, Cap'n. If you say you're good to carry on and let Herc work it out, then that's definitely good enough for me. I hope to have an in-game post in 24 hours or so. =)

Catch up in-game then clicky da spoiler! =)

I want to point out that Toph would not have this opportunity had you guys not raided the AUL facility in Veracruz any more than the spaghetti would have made it to your tables and tummies. It would have been same old, same old along with eating MREs if you had chosen not to go or to go somewhere else. =)

On a personal note, I've been wanting to put the Mehve into the game since I saw Psychie's picture of wonderful Nausicaa on her page! How long have you had that up there, Psychie? Years now? Anyone who hasn't read that manga is really missing out on a world like no other written by an author like no other. Nausicaa will always hold a special place in my heart - as it has for decades. Plus the fox-squirrel is so totally cute, man! =)

I must say, I do love the movie and manga, and I absolutely love that you gave Toph a Mehve to fly about on. Thank you!

I am caught up on my reading and have every intention of posting tomorrow! 🤞

I have pre-ordered the Collector's Edition! Raawr!

However, my migraine-cratered brain is in no condition to post as I wanted to tonight (and last night). I will try again... tomorrow! =) For now? Sleeeeeeeeeeeep. =) Take care and stay safe, friends! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Heya Gang! In the near future, I'm going to be fast-forwarding the game to 11 June 2025 (a little over two weeks from present day) as the Broadsword crew acclimates to Pacifica, their new situation, and each other. I've wanted to do something like this for months now, but I think only now is the timing right. Nothing on the Wild Cards' priority list is really time-sensitive (I did that on purpose), so don't think you have to rush out anywhere. Things will happen when they happen (as it is in life).

There will be a lot of training happening with everyone in the crew, the Wild Cards included, so please don't think this is a vacation but instead a valuable time where the Wild Cards will be introduced to the new technology of the UEEF from the year 2045. Technopathy classes will be a part of this so your Characters can (finally) get some basics down together. I'm hoping this time will bond the Characters a bit more to one another. Things like the Cyclones, Silverbacks, Mjolnirs, etc.. will be more familiar.

But before I hit the "go" button, I'd like to know if everyone is all right with this move?

Is this to be a kind of "training montage" timeskip? I'd like to know what we've caught up on by the end of it, if nothing else so that Elinor's ongoing list of questions doesn't end up with some that she should already know the answer to.

I don't mind fast-forwarding, I just want to be sure I know what my character learns through it.

Is this to be a kind of "training montage" timeskip? I'd like to know what we've caught up on by the end of it, if nothing else so that Elinor's ongoing list of questions doesn't end up with some that she should already know the answer to.

I don't mind fast-forwarding, I just want to be sure I know what my character learns through it.

Yes, that is the intent. Moar knowledge and life experience! Mooooar! =)

Pretty much the same for me as for Kaerri, I believe - especially since Ylva knows little to nothing about Technopathy at this point, I'd really like to know where she's at by the end of it.

Yep, I'm good. It will give Mario time to train with his new MECT skills.

Hey Gang!

1. I plan on posting here next (Real Life has been hectic over the past few days(.

2. I haven't heard from Cap'n, but I don't imagine he'd have a problem with fast-forwarding.

3. I plan on posting in Psychie's came after I post here. Hopefully in the next few hours.

Stay safe!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back