• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

"Tess Holiday." Elide said quietly as she approached the man, her eyes still glued to her father. A feeling of dread churning through her chest.

“Ah Tess! Yes I’ve heard of you. You aren’t as um... buxom as I’ve heard, no offense. You are dressed beautifully. Please sit with me, dinner is about to be served, if those deadbeats I hired are doing their jobs.” He rubbed his hungry stomach and offered her the empty stool next to him.

She chuckled from embarrassment with the man's comment before she took a seat. "Thank you sir. This is quite an incredible party I must say,"

Felix chuckled and ordered two glasses of elven spirits. “Yes, I bring in some very influential guests. We wear these masks so for a night we aren’t the rich and successful, we’re anonymous party guests and get to speak to one another as such. It’s quite a relief for social gatherings if nobody knows you’re, oh say, a wealthy businessman.” He puffed out his chest and smiled with pride.

She chuckled, "I see... It does provide a bit of security and allows socialites to mingle and have a pleasurable time themselves"

Felix offered her a glass of spirits and drank from his own glass.
“I’d say the veil offers you some secrecy as well.” He sipped slowly and glanced around the room.
“So, is there a Mister Holiday in your life?” He asked. He had a hand drifting towards her leg, but he wasn’t drunk enough to just go for it. “I’d love to have you sing for a more private affair.” He smirked. The bassist was a much better flirt, and less cringe inducing.

She chuckled awkwardly and crossed her legs, "Uh- sort of..." She responded hastily

He retracted his hand and chuckled. “Ah boyfriend then? He-he must be a lucky fella. Tall, broad shoulders, works in construction perhaps? I own three construction companies.” Felix boasted. It seemed like he didn’t have much to say except for how successful he was. Now might be a good time to ask about the man with white hair.

"Was... Was that the high priest you were talking to but a moment ago?" She asked quietly

Felix didn’t seem surprised through the mask. “Good eyes on you. I don’t know who he expects to fool, being so noticeable even through a mask.”
The woman that Marcelo talked to lifted his mask a bit and gave him a kiss on the lips. In that moment Eli would see enough of his face to confirm her suspicions.
“That dog... if I had the strength I’d ram a spike through his heart.”
Eli thought she vocalized her thoughts, but the words came from Felix.
“Remember, I’m nobody tonight. Hehe.” He chuckled darkly after expressing himself.

"As am I... Nothing but a total stranger..." She responded quickly before excusing herself. She slowly walked towards her father, gathering as much strength as she could, although she was still terrified.

Servers entered the room and started setting down bowls of soup.

The high priest was busy with his lady friend and didn’t notice Elide until she approached him.

“Yes?” He asked Eli.

"Good evening sir." She stammered, her knees felt weak, her heart pounded against her ribcage.

Last edited by a moderator:
The High Priest looked up at her and seemed a bit puzzled by her.
“Good evening... oh you’re that singer with the band. Sorry, I don’t have any coins.”

The high priest was going to kiss his friend but Eli kept pestering him.
“Yes. I heard about a rude little girl interrupting a man’s night out.”
The woman giggled and went in for another kiss from the man.

Frustration began to unravel in her chest. "Not the one about your first-born?" She asked

The man was about to kiss his woman before he turned his head back towards Elide.
“I don’t have... who are you?” He asked. His tone was defensive and annoyed.

"No one of importance. At least to the likes of a man like you." She hissed. "But there is a rumor of a child. A child you tried to kill. Your firstborn." She spat

TJ was walking by with a tray full of soup. He placed one in front of Felix, who rejected it, saying soups gave him gas. Marcelo wanted to get away from Eli as fast as possible, so he stood up and chased after the soup Felix was handing back.
“Oh I’ll take that! Can’t get enough of the stuff. He he he!”
It was one bowl of many. Someone else saw this and decided to take one from TJ as well. Then another, then one got put back. In the chaos he lost track of which soup had the poison. He decided to just walk away and hide in the backstage area until things went down.

Elide saw the whole thing go down, and then the band swelled up again. It seemed like she was due to be onstage.

———

Somewhere, Bart was standing in the entrance of an alley. He was looking up at the night sky and thinking about where Eli could be. He hoped she was doing okay. His thief friend Garret showed up beside him.

“Bad news friend. The Inquisitors are coming though here tonight. Some lady and her goons swept through the church on third street.”
“Third street? That’s the...”
“South church, yeah.”
“I know the place. I think a friend of mine is from there.”
“Well here’s hoping they ain’t in bed early.”
“What should we do?” Bart asked.
“I’m sorry, we? I’m doing what Fon said, sit and wait for the package drop.”
“Right.. nevermind then. Wait, was she an old lady?”

Last edited:
Elide sighed and dragged herself back up on stage once more, a feeling of unease resting in her chest. She wished Bart was here. She just wanted to curl up in his loving embrace and forget it all.

The band had changed instruments to fit the next song that promptly started, and the guests were eating their meals. Somewhere in the crowd was a bowl of poisoned soup. Marcelo was eating and staring directly at Elide the whole time.

————
A stagecoach rolled by at a good speed with a horse braying at Garret and Bart. A man hanging on the back end tossed a pair of wrapped up daggers to the thief and something big packaged up for Bart. The barbarian smiled as he unwrapped an old friend, his trusty greatsword with the notches.

“Let’s move.” Garret said.
Bart grunted and took off down the street. They rushed into a house and hollered at a group of men playing cards. They knocked over a table and started a brawl, beating the men until they laid still.

Last edited:
A feeling of sickness traveled over her chest. His eyes seemed to sink into her chest, the eyes seeming to burn into her soul.

Though he was glad the magical totem was in place, Marcelo was wishing he could hurl lightning across the room. His stare would have to do for now. The bassist noticed the glares he was giving, and nudged Eli with his bow while he played. The song soon ended and a dull applause followed it.

"Hey Tess, that guy in the back was looking at you weird. Want me to walk you home?" He noticed immediately after that what he said sounded sketchy. "O-or just halfway home, make sure nobody follows you, yeah." he looked away, flustered.
________

Bart and Garret were laying low in the upstairs of the building, watching movement in the streets from a window. Bart looked over and saw colorful bright lights shining through stained glass windows. It was the South Church, where the lights were coming from. Whether it was a sign from the goddess or a desperate beacon for help, Bart knew he had to do something. He felt it deep in his gut.

"I'm going out alone, Bart. Don't get mixed up with those ass sniffers. They'll put you in a cell deep, deep underground. I ain't breaking you out, neither."

"Fine. Maybe I'll find rest in death, but in life I'll go on screaming." The man's muscles started to swell. Tonight would be a rampage worthy of song.

Last edited:
She chuckled softly. "Thank you for your kind offer, but I'm a girl of many talents." She winked before climbing down from the stage. She was getting used to Tess' name being associated with herself, though it still felt a little odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back