• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

She held onto him tightly, unable to hold back all the tears she had pushed back before. She sobbed into his shoulder, holding him close. "I-I'm sorry.... I-I'm so sorry, y-you didn't deserve to suffer."

Bart held her and whispered it’s okay, it’s not your fault, I’m going to be okay, all of that stuff. Lela’s grandchildren were grossed out by all their kissing and stuff.
“We did it, we’re free. I love you Eli...Marry me.”

She nodded with a smile, "Y-Yes... Y-Yes," She wiped some of her tears away, holding him tightly. Mama Lela chuckled and stared at the two with a bright smile. "I must tell the rest of the caravan!" She smiled, pulling the pair up and pulling them both into a tight hug. "I expect some more grandbabies." She raised an eyebrow at the two, gently poking Elide in the stomach with a smile.

“Definitely! All the grand babies she can handle.” Bart smiled big and kissed Eli again.
“Thank you so much Miss Lela. I’ll find some way to repay you.”

"You brought my Eli back home! You owe me nothin' child!" She laughed brightly, the rest of her grandchildren clambering down the stairs, the kids surrounding the two. "Eli! Eli! Look! Look! I'm taller than Kellan now!" One of the little girls bragged, tugging on the corner of her shirt.
Kellan turned towards his sister and scowled. "No you're not!"
"Are to!"
"Are not!"
The two continued to bicker before Elide suggested they go tell the rest of the caravan of their arrival, in which the kids hurried out of Lela's home, giggling. Elide laughed softly with a smile. "I missed them,"

It was like stepping into another world. These people all knew Elide, or they knew who she was a long time ago when she left their village. So much had changed since they first met, and he wondered if it was luck or some bit of magic that helped everything work out okay. He decided not to think too much about it. Thinking wasn’t his strong suit anyway. Somewhere along the way he stopped thinking about money, or prestige, or glory in battle. He just wanted a place to hang his hat at the end of the day, and learned that he wanted to see Elide there as well, along with a house full of little ones. That’s the kind of life he saw in front of him. At long last, he was home.

Elide was more than prepared to start this new adventure with Bart. They had been given a house and a small farm, in which Elide was more than happy to start working on it. It felt good to be home, music filled the streets and all familiar smells brought her back to better times. It was safe here, they were safe here.

-One Year Later-

Elide was in the house and Bart was outside digging a tree trunk out of the ground. She had a pronounced round belly, carrying a pair of twins inside her. There was a knocking at her door.
Standing outside was Winter, in a tattered jacket and soot on his face. When she came to see who it was, he waved at her.
“So, this is where you’re hiding my brother huh? Nice place...” he smirked, though she could tell he was eating a lot of humble pie. He looked like he’d been through hell, which was exactly where he’d been.

She raised an eyebrow and opened the door letting him inside. A loud giggle erupted through the house as a small girl, hair white as snow, ran towards Elide, holding onto her leg before looking up at Winter. "Mama! Mama! Is that uncle Winter?" She asked, looking up at her mother.
Elide chuckled and smiled. "Yes darling. Now Amorette, go get your daddy. Go tell him Uncle Winter is here." She smiled, kissing the top of her daughter's head as Amorette ran back farther into the house. Elide smiled, watching her daughter run, resting a hand against her stomach. She hadn't known she was pregnant when she first arrived, but hell was it a surprise when she found out.

Winter’s eyes were round. He didn’t expect this when he heard where Bart was living.
“I-uncle? Wow.” He had to take a seat. He started to laugh.
“You know, I was a real bastard to you, and I don’t know why. Actually, I do know why. I think at first I was protecting you, thinking my brother was up to his old ways. Then, I was a dick because he’d rather be with you than me. I didn’t see how true your love really was. Tess told me about how he lost his memory and you were there. I didn’t know you’d take the whole freaking city on and crush them in one night.” He started laughing. “Tess would’ve loved to have been there. I think we all would’ve.”

She chuckled, "You were kind of a dick." She laughed softly with a smile.
Amorette scampered back to her mother. "Mama is dick a word I can say?" She asked looking up at her.
Elide yelped and shook her head. "No-No- Amore- Uh Bart?" She gulped, approaching the hallway. Amorette smiled mischievously and started to race around the house shouting her new favorite word. Eli rested her hand against her forehead with a sigh. "Oh lord."

Bart walked past the gleefully cussing child. “Ah, mention of dick and my brother appears!” Bart chuckled and embraced his brother in a quick hug.
“Good to see you, man. I couldn’t believe it when I heard you and Eli managed to escape. I had to see it for myself. You two are..” he noticed the rings on their hands. “Incredible... really. I hope you two are doing well.”
“Same to you, little brother. You should get cleaned up while you’re here.”
“Oh, I don’t plan on staying. I just wanted to know you were alive.”
“Well, don’t be a stranger. You’re always welcome here.” Bart smiled.

She chuckled warmly and leaned against her husband. "Amorette is going to kill me." She laughed softly, "I can't believe there's going to be two more in this house pretty soon." She sighed with a smile, gently running a hand over her stomach. Truth be told she was quite excited for the birth of their twins. Maybe they could distract Amore for longer than five minutes.

Winter was surprised to hear talk of twins. “I could always distract Bart by throwing a stick into the woods and yelling bear. He’d be out there for an hour.”
“I found a bear that one time.”
“Yeah, it tried to eat our fish. I remember” the brothers laughed.
“Well, Tess wanted to send her warm regards. Her and Leona went far west and left Paladina. Leona found a small town stricken with plague, so she’s found a new calling. Tess met a guy and they’re traveling together now. As for me, I’m gonna head back to the guild. If you two ever feel like an adventure, they’ll be there.”
“That’s good to hear, but I think we’ve had our fill of adventure.”
“I hear ya.”

"Well what about you? What have you been up to these days?" She asked happily, pouring them all a glass of fresh apple cider.

Winter stuck his hands in his pockets and shrugged. “Not a lot. Just lending a bardic tune to anyone who’ll listen. Working the guild. I guess not much has changed, except I’m an uncle now.”
“You could stay here. Help us work the farm, party with the gypsies. They love music here.”
“They do, I heard a lot of songs. Some I haven’t heard in a very long time... hey Bart. Do you remember that time you had a bad fever and I carried you to that old lady’s cabin?”
“How could I forget? I vomited for three days.”
“Yes, well... I heard a tune there that the old maiden was singing. I’ve heard it twice since I rode up here.”

"If you have any questions regarding music, please don't hesitate to ask, really anyone here can name the tune." She chuckled softly, handing them their drinks, then preparing one for Amore as she bounded down the stairs demanding she be served as well.

Winter smiled and drank his cider.
“He likes to listen a long time and then try playing it. He hates asking for help. It drives me nuts.”
“Nobody likes my jokes, so I don’t talk too much. People like the songs.” Winter said. He was shedding happy tears, making little attempt to stop it from happening. It was like he was seeing the light in natural beauty.

~End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back