• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
ALBERAINE, OF SUMMER

1633194073613.png

Mentions; thinking thinking Xen6n Xen6n x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X
-----

The line seemed more shallow now, with littler and littler new arrivals by the minute.
She came to the conclusion that most of the students were here by now, evident by how, wherever she looked, there seemed to be something happening.
People were scrambling about, talking to other people, already making friends and getting comfortable.
The skunk person that fiddled past them seemed to began to partner with the girl that had fallen before.
Hm, maybe she was a bit late to the party there.
After realizing how idle she was, she got out of the "line", and decided to stick out, something she usually finds herself doing anyways..

She began to walk where the blossom petals began to pile up in. She didn't get to see the blossom trees after the crowd grew, and now that she could get a good glimpse of it, she felt more calmer, despite the chatter of many not so many feet behind her.

Finding a bunch of kids sitting by themselves under the trees, in the shade, she could tell many of them didn't seem like they wanted to be talked to, or were doing their own thing.
Despite this, she liked the option of talking to one person who is in the shade, rather than go back to the loud line, where she'll have to listen to people.
She wants to talk this time around, seems fun.

'Find somebody to lean on-'

She looked around for somebody who seemed approachable. Many of the kids nearby the blossom trees were all their own kind, literally.
Her eyes locked onto a person she saw sitting next to a tree, in a odd position.
She decided not to think too hard about who to talk to, so she just walked towards him.

It wasn't a long walk, but it was slow for her. She reassured herself about this and blanked her mind.
Hopefully this will turn all well, and she'll come outta here with a few friends, people to lean on.

She stopped her march and reached him about the time he got out of astral projection.

She waved with her fingers, then complimented it with a simple. "Hey."

Before it got awkward, she added in an extra, "How's your day?"

Something she always heard back at camp.

Arik was getting bored.

So, naturally, mischief followed.

Arik elbowed Elena and whispered, "How much to get you to play 'Through the Fire and the Flames' right now?"

Elena smirked, and pulled out her ukulele, "Only a promise to bail me out if I get in trouble. You of all people should know how much I love showing off. It's a trait we share, after all."

And with that, Elena began playing a fast riff on her ukulele. Ordinarily she'd have issues with the speed required at some parts, but Amplification covered that easily. She'd practiced this song for a while, and knew it by heart.

Meanwhile, Arik leaned back with a grin on his face. He did so love this song, and so his boredom was cured.

Sebastian Sanders

EWs2x98XkAUZL85 (2).jpg

: Inside Entrance of Faray High underneath a Cherry Blossom Tree
Interaction: Open
Mention/s: Fennekin13kid Fennekin13kid

Sebastian was about to enter his body when he noticed another person right in front of his body who was attempting to communicate with his empty shell of a body. Not wanting to leave the fox-like girl on hold he immediately went back to his body. Astral projecting was a bit new to Sebastian so when he returned to his physical body he was slightly disheveled and disoriented, he was blinking rapidly as his vision slowly came back to him. Looking up at the person who had a great resemblance to a fox, Sebastian thought she was a kitsune but he didn't want to assume so he kept his mouth shut on that matter.

Slowly getting up from his lotus position was in, his face grew into a small smile and he had his right hand out as a friendly gesture.

"Sorry about that, I was just having an out of body experience in this school"
He said slightly as a joke and as an actuality at the same time

"And sorry again if I sound rude but may I help you, just didn't think nobody would've given me a slight glance at me or spoken to me. The name's Sebastian Sanders by the way"
He had up a charismatic smile to not portray as unapproachable as possible given the huge mystical axe behind his back. His smooth deep voice laced across the words he spoke, hinting at a foreign french accent, even though he had never once been to France or any French-speaking country.

ALBERAINE, OF SUMMER
1633234630056.png

Location: Under a cherry blossom tree, not so far from the school entrance.
Mention/s: Xen6n Xen6n
-----

Noticing his rapid blinking for the first few seconds of contact, she came to the conclusion she broke him out of a space-out session, and wanted to apologize, but before she could wave her hands about and try to appease, he got on his feet and put a hand out for her to shake.
After a moment of processing, she realized the hand he put out.
This was a gesture she was only recently familiarized with, and she seemed confused, looking at his hand, but before he could take it away, she gripped on his right hand, and shook steadily.

She felt awkward, but she told herself she should keep calm, and not ruin this!

"I am Alberaine, no last name. It is nice to meet you." She said calmly.

She began to loosen her grip on the man's hand.

"Sorry if I made this a bit weird."

She looked at him with her orange eyes, and softly giggled a bit, admitting "I'm a bit new to this."

Sebastian Sanders

EWs2x98XkAUZL85 (2).jpg

Location: Inside Entrance of Faray High underneath a Cherry Blossom Tree

He noticed the uncomfortable aura around Alberaine and realized she wasn't familiar with human gestures, the thought sent him back when he too was a bit new to human socializing.

"It's ok, too was I new to humanity's culture of living and communication, sorry if I made this awkward. It wasn't your fault, I should know better"

He removed the axe from his back and leaned against the cherry blossom tree

"Just in case the axe was bothersome. So Alberaine, what is your story of coming here, if it's okay that I ask"

He spoke to her, looking around the courtyard they were in, eventually looking directly to her to give full attention and not be disrespectful and ruin this chance at a potential friendship. Sebastian would always over-analyze and strategize things, thinking of the possible thing that might occur and the things improbable. He should really take it down a notch, he even stood up straight to not look laidback and lazy, first impressions were kinda a big deal to him.

ALBERAINE, OF SUMMER
1633236796713.png

LOCATION: Under a cherry blossom tree, near the school entrance.
MENTION/S: Xen6n Xen6n
-----

Wanting to not make Sebastian feel bad about anything, she responded, "It's alright, don't feel bad.. this happens a lot, I take it as a learning experience.. let's just keep chatting."

She began with the question he just gave her.

She looked away from him and onto the grass patches next to the tree. "My past is simple. It's pretty dark, but I could care less now."

She seemed more tense and firm when talking about her past, she seemed serious about it.

"Have you.. ever looked at magazines, looked at arena tournaments?"

She looked back at him after asking this.

"If so, you've probably seen my face before."

These words were super heavy, but were lifted to him so effortlessly. Whatever this girl did, did she not care? Is she different? What could this mean.

Deena Vixenillow
Student
The pale witch had been examining the mushrooms making sure it was edible. Either way, it would work; she could use it to create a poison. She looked up at what she thought were the administrators who had been standing in the front. Just the sight of them sent chills up her arm. They all seemed highly intimidating, although they were lovely to look at, even though one of them looked like he fell from a 1,063 feet building. Going back to the mushroom, she wondered if they would allow poisonous potions into the school. Sighing, she stuffed the mushrooms in her pocket, wishing she had brought a bag.

The mushrooms were visible and looked like lumps had formed on the side of her thigh. Attempting to conceal the mushrooms as best she could, a loud thump could be heard, almost like someone dropped a box. This caught Deena's attention. Her focus now on the creature looking in the center of the commotion lay what Deena assumed was an elf. The elf had beautiful long curly brown hair and-
squinting her eyes to get a better look, but that was all Deena could see from this distance. Out of reflex, she stepped forward to help. Instead, her path had been blocked by two large furry feet. Mustering up the courage, she looked up; Deena noticed it wasn't just one bear but two.

The other bear, unlike the white bear, resembled a sky filled with stars. Despite how pretty they looked, Deena impulsively shrunk at the sight of the colossal creature. However, the massive bear paid no attention to Deena. Instead, he turned his attention to the Minotaur in front of her. He questioned the Minotaur, who responded in a startled tone. The bear, however, spoke in a loud and aggressive manner; Despite that, Deena didn't get any bad intentions from the bear. Her intuition, as usual, failed her when the Minotaur started to fight back for her rights. Deena didn't think it was a big deal and offered her a spot, but a grey-skinned, red-eyed girl intervened.

Taking this as an opportunity, she slowly slithered away, leaving the front line, and headed towards the back.
Turning her head, she turned to check behind at the commotion in the front of the line. Turning back to face her destination, she stopped hesitating. Turning now would make it seem obvious that she intended to avoid the probably dangerous individual. In defeat, she made up her mind she'd take her chances with the Orge taking her place at the end of the line. Making sure she was 5 feet away from the Ogre. Deena smiled to be polite, bobbing her head. Her eyes landed on the heavy-looking sword, trying to figure out the materials used to create it, "Your sword is it-"

Her excessive gazing and absolute concentration had been broken by music. The music appears to be coming from a pair of twins holding a Ukulele. Sighing, she folded her hands, they remembered to get an instrument, but she didn't even remember to bring her belongings.
coded by natasha.

Mentions: Analise, Evangeline, Nina, Yilgda, Ur-Hakon, Jay, Arik, Elena
Interactions: Jay
The pale witch had been examining the mushrooms making sure it was edible. Either way, it would work; she could use it to create a poison. She looked up at what she thought were the administrators who had been standing in the front. Just the sight of them sent chills up her arm. They all seemed highly intimidating, although they were lovely to look at, even though one of them looked like he fell from a 1,063 feet building. Going back to the mushroom, she wondered if they would allow poisonous potions into the school. Sighing, she stuffed the mushrooms in her pocket, wishing she had brought a bag.

The mushrooms were visible and looked like lumps had formed on the side of her thigh. Attempting to conceal the mushrooms as best she could, a loud thump could be heard, almost like someone dropped a box. This caught Deena's attention. Her focus now on the creature looking in the center of the commotion lay what Deena assumed was an elf. The elf had beautiful long curly brown hair and-
squinting her eyes to get a better look, but that was all Deena could see from this distance. Out of reflex, she stepped forward to help. Instead, her path had been blocked by two large furry feet. Mustering up the courage, she looked up; Deena noticed it wasn't just one bear but two.

The other bear, unlike the white bear, resembled a sky filled with stars. Despite how pretty they looked, Deena impulsively shrunk at the sight of the colossal creature. However, the massive bear paid no attention to Deena. Instead, he turned his attention to the Minotaur in front of her. He questioned the Minotaur, who responded in a startled tone. The bear, however, spoke in a loud and aggressive manner; Despite that, Deena didn't get any bad intentions from the bear. Her intuition, as usual, failed her when the Minotaur started to fight back for her rights. Deena didn't think it was a big deal and offered her a spot, but a grey-skinned, red-eyed girl intervened.

Taking this as an opportunity, she slowly slithered away, leaving the front line, and headed towards the back.
Turning her head, she turned to check behind at the commotion in the front of the line. Turning back to face her destination, she stopped hesitating. Turning now would make it seem obvious that she intended to avoid the probably dangerous individual. In defeat, she made up her mind she'd take her chances with the Orge taking her place at the end of the line. Making sure she was 5 feet away from the Ogre. Deena smiled to be polite, bobbing her head. Her eyes landed on the heavy-looking sword, trying to figure out the materials used to create it, "Your sword is it-"

Her excessive gazing and absolute concentration had been broken by music. The music appears to be coming from a pair of twins holding a Ukulele. Sighing, she folded her hands, they remembered to get an instrument, but she didn't even remember to bring her belongings.

Last edited:
Sebastian Sanders

EWs2x98XkAUZL85 (2).jpg

Sebastian shook his head slightly in confusion, most of his life was living in the Himalayan Mountain Ranges in Tibet learning the Mystic Arts. He never had the time nor devices to see such things. He tilted his head a bit in confusion from the question

"You can say I've been living under a rock because no I haven't seen any magazines nor watched any TV for the last few years, from where I lived it was far from modern society and less technology."

Sebastian wondered at her cryptic words but was more intrigued at why she grew a bit solum at it, maybe her past was something she rarely shared, or maybe it brought unwanted memories, whatever the case maybe Sebastian didn't want to push it.

"If it's too much you don't need to tell me, and besides I'm a complete stranger, I get it if it's personal to share....no offense taken"
Sebastian clarified his genuinity with a gentle smile, not wanting to come out as pushy and invasive towards Alberaine.

DUSTIN KEERY
Feeling: Nervous and having a mental breakdown

"Uhhhhh" "Ummmm" "Ughhh"
Dustin was just standing outside Faray High, wanting to go back to his 'home'(the broke down apartment) and work in the ice-cream parlour. But seeing all these people of his 'kind', he didn't want to go home. He started staring at everyone, he knew it was bad manners but nobody would notice him. After a minute he found 'Jay' standing. His first thought was to run but after seeing his horns and blood two thoughts came into his mind.
1. Cool and Awesome
2. He wanted to talk to somebody
He felt weird standing there alone, lonely and weird. But after he realised that someone would talk to him, he started puking like usual.

Grimacing at the pain Nina must have felt, from falling over, Lise took a deep breath to reconcile themselves turning their frown upside down.
"Sure, that happens to me most days," they grinned, telling the little white lie. Lise never fell, they always kept their balance due to not even touching the ground- so it was sort of physically impossible for them too. Nina looked rather disgruntled, however they did remind them of themselves; Nina's pointed ears were similar to theirs. Lise could still not figure out what species of magical creature she was though; even though it was blatantly obvious.

"My name is Lise, not short or long for anything-- just Lise. It's nice to meet you too. Are you new here? If so, I am, this is my first public school... I actually never thought there would be anyone else like me out here... Guess I was totally wrong!" Something childlike was about Lise or were they just plain niave? "We should really see what the crowd is about..." They placed their hand forward, tentatively offering it to Nina, "Here, so we don't get lost."

Lack of social skills led Lise to be overly-friendly; they did not know the correct social ques, however they did no basic decency.

the skunk fae

Lise.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Grimacing at the pain Nina must have felt, from falling over, Lise took a deep breath to reconcile themselves turning their frown upside down.
"Sure, that happens to me most days," they grinned, telling the little white lie. Lise never fell, they always kept their balance due to not even touching the ground- so it was sort of physically impossible for them too. Nina looked rather disgruntled, however they did remind them of themselves; Nina's pointed ears were similar to theirs. "My name is Lise, not short or long for anything-- just Lise. It's nice to meet you too. Are you new here? If so, I am, this is my first public school... I actually never thought there would be anyone else like me out here... Guess I was totally wrong!" Something childlike was about Lise or were they just plain niave? "We should really see what the crowd is about..." They placed their hand forward, tentatively offering it to Nina, "Here, so we don't get lost."

Lack of social skills led Lise to be overly-friendly; they did not know the correct social ques, however they did no basic decency.

Nina smiled and nodded as they spoke, glad to not be yelled at for her moment of clumsiness. Back at home one of the maids or servants would’ve hit her and yanked her arm until she stood up. Then she would’ve gotten a long lecture about how she couldn’t ruin the family’s reputation by being a screwup. Nina’s smile widened when she realized it. She could make mistakes here! Things would be different than they were at home! She was pretty sure they couldn’t lock her up in a horrid room if she messed up on a test. And the people here were nicer than back home, so far. They even helped people who were struggling instead of watching and judging them from afar. Nina was very hopeful for her future here.

“ Nice to meet you, Lise.” She beamed, “I am new here- and to schools in general..” She said with a pleasantly surprised look on her face. How did Lise guess that? Was Nina that obvious? “I’m glad that I found someone in the same boat as me though.” She said, sounding relieved. She scratched the back of her head. She was glad she wasn’t alone, being alone was awful. Everything was 10x more intimidating when youre

Nina looked around when Lise mentioned a crowd, she hadn’t even noticed the crowd forming. She glanced at Lise’s hand and gently took it. Glancing back at Lise’s face as she did. She felt some sort of sisterly urge to protect her new friend. Like she had just gained a younger sibling. “You’re right, let’s check it out.” Nina decided she’d lead Lise to the crowd, despite Lise being the one to offer guidance in the first place.

Location; in the line that was forming for no reason
Mentions; thinking thinking
Mood; feeling a bit confident

ALBERAINE, OF SUMMER
1633268153300.png

LOCATION: Under a cherry blossom tree, not so far from the entrance of the school.

She looked away from him, with her hands to her sides now.

She wanted to tell him something.

"I'll tell you anything, because."

She felt herself cringe deep inside, this was one of her rare moments where she felt like she could say something like this.

"I feel comfortable around you. T-that's something that doesn't really happen a lot, if it means anything."

She hoped that didn't come off as clingy, in her defense, she's barely had anyone to ever talk to, and the mercenary group that saved her, despite being hospitable, didn't get much reaction from her up until the last days of her being there. Of course, Sebastian wouldn't know this.

Before Sebastian could react, she quickly said "Then again, I feel like you're the first person I've had this kind of conversation with, so I think it's only natural."

She put a hand on the back of her head with a funny smile.

Thinking back on it, this is probably her only one to one convo that lasted more than a minute.

She doesn't feel like she'd regret it.​

Mentions: thinking thinking x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X

The twins' impromptu concert was starting to draw some attention. With Arik singing, and Elena playing, this was to be expected. Were they disturbing the peace? Yes. Did they give a fuck? No.

These two are the personifications of the word chaos, after all.

When they finished, Elena put away the ukulele, grabbed Arik's arm, and said, "Come on, let's find some friends!" as she dragged him towards the line that was forming.

Soon enough, they came across a Humanoid Skunk, and an Elf who were also waiting in line.

"Hello!" Elena greeted warmly. "Me and my brother-" she gestured towards Arik, "-were looking for some fellow people who seemed new to all of this. We figured it would be best to figure stuff out in a group."

Arik rubbed his arm where Elena had grabbed it, and then looked at the two people that they had approached and sighed. "Sorry, she when she gets an idea in her head she's unstoppable, so it'd be best to go along with it for now."

Yilgda & Ur-Hakon
Interaction/Mention: thinking thinking leviohsa leviohsa x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe

1551319_onegrumpylumpy_soapy-2.pngThe side dish of changeling eyes hadn't taken note of Yilgda's words, instead focusing on a random moth for some reason. Yilgda didn't mine too much, often when people took note of her categorizing them in terms of meals their reactions tended to not react in the best ways. Like this, she was free to indulge both her culinary pursuits and the hunger if only by a little. Most species had a specific part of them that was rather praised in the culinary fields of successful chefs such as herself, few could be named that didn't have one besides the mundanes.

Unicorns had their magical horns, maw walkers had the teeth which made for one of the best soup additives one could ask for. And changelings? Some would assume that the Changelings didn't have such things, seeing as their physical forms didn't have the same cohesion that most races did. But for culinary adepts such as Yilgda, this idea was nothing less than complete lies. Changeling eyes had the same wonderful flavor no matter what form they took, an odd consistency given the nature of the beings.

Unlike Cyclops eyes which were purely praised for just how deliciously filling they were, Changeling eyes were solely prized for their flavor. They made a perfect side dish as a result, often pairing beautifully with Numesian wine or salted Mire leaves.

Alas, Yilgda couldn't claim the eyes of this skunk-changeling thing, not even if the school allowed her to. While even one such as she might be able to pose a threat to a being such as it, Yilgda knew the second she actually managed to cook and consume that dish, her hunger would merely mock her for thinking it would change anything. Even a fine tastes such as the one Changeling eyes held was nothing where the hunger was concerned, time and time again ruining the grand flavors of Yilgda's dishes by how empty she felt after consumption.

She just ended up watching the confused student be drawn outside to another which seemed to have fallen just beyond the School's threshold. Yilgda would npot pursue, while the Hunger couldn't drill into her skull the pressure of its presence more than it already had, ogling potential dishes as she had been would definitely not help.

Instead she tuned into the loud chat that the Bear boys were having with staff, eager to learn just as much as he was. But instead of charging right in, she figured just keeping an ear out would be enough to keep track of one as loud as he was.

Anthro_polar_bear_final.jpgc28ad10844925ef9c427a78e697d1b63.jpgBoth of Ur-Hakon's bodies seemed incensed at the teacher woman's words, irritation growing as she explained that they weren't too be learning yet. Despite not having facial features, his celestial form's irritation was displayed quite vividly by the manner in which it continued pacing with more and more frustration as its mortal form spoke with them. Its star-speckled claws wwere clenching over and over, the eyeholes in its mask-like face narrowing tighter by the second.

His mortal form wasn't much better, far more easily able to convey his disgust through the growing snarl marring his features. It didn't make sense to him, he'd stepped inside of a learning institution, why had his teachings been denied to him? The teacher woman had said they were engaged in some kind of ceremony, but this didn't make sense either! Why would a learning place ceremonies?!? Those were for ceremonial places!

But he held back the roar he wanted to release, having to consider the idea that maybe this was another one of those backwards cultish things that mortals tended to indulge in, mixing up their ceremony places with their learning places as if that made sense somehow. It was madness, a madness Ur-Hakon wouldn't have tolerate for even a second if the idea of missing out on his new source of knowledge wasn't clear in his mind.

That didn't mean he had to like it.

In fact, he was biting his lip so hard a trail of blood was leaking down his snout.

"NOT COME TO LEARN OF SCHOOL, COME TO LEARN FROM SCHOOL!!!" He tried to explain, only to drag his hands across his face and turn away "MAD WORDS, SIT AND WAIT?!?"

He reached a hand out, only for his celestial form to grab that hand tightly. The two bodies then reared back before slamming their heads together hard. The mortal form stepped back as a new trail of blood leaked from the tear the headbutt had left in his forehead.

"VERY WELL, RETRIBUTION LATER, TRAINING NOW. NOTIFY WHEN TEACHING ARRIVES!!!" He spat before stepping off towards the center of the large room.

Once there, he took of his shirt and tossed it aside before holding up his fists. Without hesitation he began viciously attacking his celestial form amidst the crowd, which had began clearing the path for him as his two bodies began a bare-knuckled brawl with each other, unwilling to sit and do absolutely nothing until proper learning decided to show up.​

1163080_onegrumpylumpy_soapy.pngYilgda watched the fight for only a moment before turning away, drawing a hand up to tap at her lips. If she'd read his yelling correctly, someone was going to show up and teach them things about the school. That sounded like an entrance ceremony, meaning she'd been right not to immediately get lost in the halls like she almost had. This was good, at least it meant that they weren't just sitting around waiting for nothing, but if that was the case then what exactly was the line about? Who had started that up?

She wasn't given much time to ponder such things before the music started, a ukulele if her memory served correct. The music led her to a pair of identical looking individuals with the instrument, a quick whiff almost convincing Yilgda that they were mundane, but upon noting the enhanced manner in which the girl had been strumming the instrument Yilgda figured they both had some magical properties. The twins seemed to catch sight of something, leading Yilgda's gaze to go from them to the Skunk Changeling she'd seen earlier.

She'd entered the building once more with the individual that had fallen previously, an Elf with brown hair and skin that would make a fine wrapping for minced minotaur tongue if boiled properly with-

Yilgda had to shake her head before people started turning into plates of food again, instead deciding to fight the hunger with interaction once more. The Twins had approached the duo, giving a brief greeting before voicing their desire to figure things out. Despite the boy's assurance that they should probably just go with whatever his sister wished at the moment, Yilgda wasn't convinced there was much for them to go along with.

"Not much to figure out, really." Yilgda spoke as she approached the four of them, her nasally voice interrupted briefly by a sniffle she gave "We're waiting for the thing, another person to come and give us some kinda intro... to the school and stuff."

She jerked a thumb back towards Ur-Hakon, who now had a circle of onlookers watching as he fought himself tooth and nail, "I had that one ask one of the staff, they were somewhat straightforward with it."

Letting her hand drop to her side, her red gaze turned from the twins to the Elf and skunk person, "Means we just gotta wait and... make do." she shrugged at the last part eyeing the other students in the crowd "With all these treats just... hanging out, I guess?"

Last edited:
Nina was trying to figure out what was up with the crowd that was forming. She tried to listen in on some conversations, hoping they would mention the purpose of this line. Yeah, she didn’t hear anything useful. Not before a chipper voice rang out from behind her. Nina quickly turned around to face the set twins in front of her. Her lips parted for a second, she was about to ask if they were talking to her or someone else. But they were making clear eye contact with her and Lise. She glanced at the two of them and quickly smiled. Seeing another set of twins just reminded her of her twin brother. She missed Markus, hopefully he was doing well.

“Hello,” she spoke politely. “ I didn’t realize there were so many new people here… were both new to this as well.” She admitted sheepishly, glancing at Lise.

“My name is Nina.” She spoke, completely ignoring the celestial bear fighting with itself a few meters away. She decided that she would let Lise introduce themself. That was when another voice joined the conversation. She glanced over at who it could be, and stared at a fish-like humanoid speaking to her. Oh wow! She was kinda cute. Man, she was meeting a lot of different sorts of people today. She was gonna have to remember to write about them all in her journal.

The newcomer to the conversation helpfully informed everyone that the only thing they needed to do right now was wait for someone. She did say it in an odd manner, and mentioned treats for some reason. But Nina brushed it off. She decided this was a great time for introductions.

“Thanks for telling us! I’m Nina, what’s your name?” She questioned. A few flowers… bloomed from her hair. She didn’t seem to notice, her body had been so used to making things consistently that it had become as natural as breathing for Nina. The one time she tried to force herself to last as long as possible without using her powers, a bump started to grow on her arm and then disappeared once she panicked and used her powers again. Safe to say, Nina wasn’t going to try that anymore. But flowers were small and pretty, they were convenient to make consistently. Though, the maids went through the trouble of plucking them out of her hair to look neater for the first day.

Location; Outside of Faray Highschool
Mentions; GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe thinking thinking
Mood; She’s pretty happy to be talking to so many new people.

Shrugging off the fact that Nina did not care to take their lead, the changeling decided to go with the flow and follow. It was better than nothing, at least they had some sort of company. What they couldn’t keep thinking about,as they made their way to the front entrance was what that fish-girl was saying. Lise was too focused and distracted on their own measly struggles that they had not even cared to listen! Multitasking with emotions was not a thing Lise manages too well. I hope I wasn’t rude, I didn’t even hear what they said! How could I… Nausea fluttered inside, it was totally against Lise’s nature to blatantly ignore somebody… it wasn’t on purpose, maybe I can apologise when I see them again-

Before they had time to finish their internal thought, Lise gasped as they introduced themselves to two twins however they did not catch their names. Lise was still focusing on what that fish girl was on about. What was she saying? Surely she couldn't have been talking to me...
Startled, they heard another familiar raspy voice begin from behind them. It was the Abysall-girl
"Oh, hello! I deeply apologise for not listening to you earlier. I was zoned out--- like, in a trance sort of thing." Lise was totally inarticulate, it was embarrassing. It probably would have been more polite to pretend they didn't even acknowledge them at all. Although they continued nonetheless; "Would it be okay if you say it again?" Lise realised just how terrifying the Abysall girl looked. With her pointed teeth, slime-coated skin and bulging eyes, something about them made Lise nervous.

Changelings come in many shapes and sizes, they are disposable 'presents' from the faery world. Each individual pure blood faery are guardians of certain aspects of nature, Lise's mother was the 'skunk faery', and their father one of the many drone princes of insect. It is a strange relationship, usually caused without consent however Lise believes their true mother and father love her still. A changeling also grows up to be spiteful and cruel, like the fae themselves. For whatever reason though, Lise was not one, perhaps their calm disposition will soon break?

the skunk fae

Lise.

♡coded by uxie♡

Shrugging off the fact that Nina did not care to take their lead, the changeling decided to go with the flow and follow. It was better than nothing, at least they had some sort of company. What they couldn’t keep thinking about,as they made their way to the front entrance was what that fish-girl was saying. Lise was too focused and distracted on their own measly struggles that they had not even cared to listen! Multitasking with emotions was not a thing Lise manages too well. I hope I wasn’t rude, I didn’t even hear what they said! How could I… Nausea fluttered inside, it was totally against Lise’s nature to blatantly ignore somebody… it wasn’t on purpose, maybe I can apologise when I see them again-

Before they had time to finish their internal thought, Lise gasped as they introduced themselves to two twins however they did not catch their names. Lise was still focusing on what that fish girl was on about. What was she saying? Surely she couldn't have been talking to me...
Startled, they heard another familiar raspy voice begin from behind them. It was the Abysall-girl
"Oh, hello! I deeply apologise for not listening to you earlier. I was zoned out--- like, in a trance sort of thing." Lise was totally inarticulate, it was embarrassing. It probably would have been more polite to pretend they didn't even acknowledge them at all. Although they continued nonetheless; "Would it be okay if you say it again?" Lise realised just how terrifying the Abysall girl looked. With her pointed teeth, slime-coated skin and bulging eyes, something about them made Lise nervous.

Changelings come in many shapes and sizes, they are disposable 'presents' from the faery world. Each individual pure blood faery are guardians of certain aspects of nature, Lise's mother was the 'skunk faery', and their father one of the many drone princes of insect. It is a strange relationship, usually caused without consent however Lise believes their true mother and father love her still. A changeling also grows up to be spiteful and cruel, like the fae themselves. For whatever reason though, Lise was not one, perhaps their calm disposition will soon break?

"Oh, we forgot to introduce ourselves!" Elena exclaimed. "I'm Elena, and this is my twin, Arik." Arik waved from where he stood.

When the fish person approached and told them what she'd overheard, and seemed to get along well with the others, Elena said, "That settles it! The five of us will be friends!"

Arik sighed. "Like I said, just go along with it. If you don't become her friend, she'll harass you until you do just to get her to leave you alone."

Elena punched Arik on the shoulder, lightly of course, and said, "Don't listen to him. It's not harassment. It's just persistence."

Arik mumbled, "Persistent harassment..." and earned another punch.

1163080_onegrumpylumpy_soapy.pngYilgdammur Kelfnissi
Interaction/Mention: Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe (Arik/Elena) x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X (Nina) thinking thinking (Changeling)

Humans weren't a magical species by nature, the vast majority seemed irrevocably bound to the mundane. Despite this the number of human mages, wizards and warlocks was by no means small. Yilgda was fairly certain the twins were one of these, but the question of whether they'd inherited their powers or cultivated them was up in the air. More importantly, it meant that they had magic pools somewhere in their bodies, somewhere their powers could be drawn from or focused through.

For a majority of wizard-types the pool was somewhere in the brain, but Yilgda had dined on stomachs and even hearts that had been used as magical pools. Not that the magic made them taste too much better unless prepared in certain ways, one can't just go eating Mage hearts expecting them to be immediately different from those of any other human. When doused in salted fairy dust, however, that's when one could start really tasting the magic of fine dining.

Didn't do much for her Hunger though, but she'd been used to that dissapointment by then,

Yilgda eyed the twins through most of her first words, not so subtly trying to guess at where their pools were. Only when Nina introduce herself did Yilgda turn away from them, instead focusing on the odd manner in which flowers formed from her body as she spoke.

"Just... yeah, just call me Yilgda." She forewent using her full title, for a number of reasons including just how much of a hassle going by Yilgdammur in day to day context would be "That's a... fine name to use."

The twins seemed quick to jump at Nina's preamble for introductions, identifying themselves as Arik and Elena. Elena seemed dead set on immediately forming friendships and, while Yilgda wasn't sure if the label would actually change much, Arik's insistence that his sister's request would be enforced in some manner made her give pause before saying anything binding.

"Friends.... maybe." she said instead, letting her eyes wander from them as she left her answer up in the air "We'll see... probably..."

Luckily, the Changeling gave Yilgda something else to focus on, flustered and panicky over their previous one-sided encounter. Apparently in the short time Yilgda had taken to do some investigating/mediating, the Changeling had been fretting over it. Despite the fact that Yilgda was clearly the smallest creature among the five, perhaps even the majority of the room, the Changeling seemed racked by nerves. Whether it was out of embarrassment over their earlier interaction or Yilgda's particular appearance, she didn't know nor did she particularly care.

Yilgda found herself once more staring directly into the Changeling's eyes once again, almost missing their request for her to repeat the words from their last interaction.

"Oh, I was just noting some things. Like how well your eyes would garnish a flask of Utheran wine if properly diced into wedges." She said almost immediately, reaching up to wipe at her lips once more before tilting her head to the side "I mean, I've had bigger Changeling Eyes before but since most folks only eat them for the flavor it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Kind of ironic you'd actually pal around with her really."

Yilgda jerked a thumb towards Nina, "Changeling eyes pair well with Elf Ear jerky, not the standard kind but the kind that those Urkadian Tribes make, ya know?"

Wiping another hint of drool from her lips, Yilgda gave a sniffle to try alleviating the grating tone of her nasally, raspy voice before continuing "Divine flavor... rare but prized..."

Quiwynn • Quinn

Quiwynn was inside their office for a good chunk of the morning, having been there far earlier than they should have, but the still somewhat young firbolg saw nothing wrong with that. After all, this was their unknown passion, and only for the past couple of years has been able to truly devote themselves to helping the younger generations, and this year was no different. After tending to every plant in their office, far too many to count at this point, they would stand up, grab their staff, and head outside for fresh air, or fresher air. That as well get a good look at the students arriving this year. It was always nice to see them all return year and year again, both the ending of education for some, yet only the beginning for others. It was an inspirational cycle, much like life and death.

Stepping outside, 8'10" firbolg would find a nice spot to stand and observe the students, seeing how they were interacting with one another and to get a general feel for the year. They wore their usual lavender knit purple swear with their warm-gray pants with patches to somewhat resemble one of their favorite types of plants; fungi if you couldn't tell. If that wasn't obvious enough, atop their fluffy light moss hair, was a mushroom cap that seemed to be from the Fly agaric species more commonly your classic red toadstool mushroom. What fascinated them with fungi of all types was the beauty of decay and how it might be the end of another life but also has the ability to inspire the growth of such beautiful plants, and even return nutrients and such back to the earth, to let something new grow in its place.

It was only years ago that Quiwynn would have been out exploring the worlds, keeping watch of her dear friends that were like their family. The day they stumbled upon this school was a game-changer. Since then, their friends grew old and some even passed, one only living to 60 years, which was good for that species. Firbolgs can live for centuries, and go along the right path, their age can even slow more due to Firbolgs close connection to nature in general. Quiwynn was not quite there yet in their druidic studies, maybe a few more years and perhaps they will.

Focus yourself, that's the past, think of their futures, They thought, pulling themselves out of their thoughts. Perhaps they should head to orientation now, perhaps see if any other faculty and staff were out and about. This is where being as tall as they are, related to giant-kin, makes things easy. Intimidating to some, but Quiwynn would never hurt anyone without a good enough reason. Deciding it was enough time outside, they would head back inside, not before waving a hand quickly to grow some slow mushrooms right outside the doors, just a few to make things feel homier, in their opinion. Walking through the building, they would hear Evangeline and Damon voices and would enter the same room, ducking their head slightly to make room for their mushroom cap.

"Good morning Evangeline, Damon. Apologies for being somewhat late, just making sure my files were all in order this morning," they said softly, placing themselves in line with the rest, surprised it was just them so far.

bayleen bayleen leviohsa leviohsa

Sebastian Sanders

EWs2x98XkAUZL85 (2).jpg

He smiled thinking to himself, this was actually his first time making a friend and one that actually trusts him.

"Thank you, Alberaine, I'm very happy to hear that I've gained your trust even though it's kinda weird since nobody really trusts me...well let me correct that, I've never made any real friend to rely on or them to rely on me. There was one time some woman called me a pedophile for talking to a little girl because of how old I looked"

He chuckled, in an attempt to lighten the mood

"But thank you again, you can tell me anything. If you feel uncomfortable you can stop, I won't be offended"

He gestured encouragingly with a smile, it was a rare moment for Sebastian to be so kind, but as the Ancient One once said "Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love", for once in his life he actually understood one of the Ancient One's cryptic sayings to him and the feeling he has can't describe how grateful and deferential he felt for the Ancient One being in his life. The man really took care of him as his own son, and he's ashamed he didn't realize this sooner.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She said, a smile lighting up her face after everyone had introduced themselves. As Arik mentioned that his sister’s plan to be friends with all five of them was pretty much unavoidable, Nina didn’t even try to hide with grin on her face.

“Luckily for me, I want to make as many friends as possible.” She chirped, it was good that someone’s goals aligned with hers. Hopefully they would all become good friends.

She glanced over at Yilgda as she quietly spoke to Lise. She didn’t have the context of the situation but it seemed like Lise might’ve accidentally ignored her. Nina smiled, glad they got past that miscommunication.

And then Yilgda started casually talking about eat changeling eyes and elf ear jerky. Nina’s expression froze as she processed the sharp turn this conversation took. So she was stuck with an awkward smile one her face. It was just kind of odd to Nina, but she knew that different species had different cultures and norms so Yilgda probably didn’t mean any harm. And she didn’t want to make her feel weird or embarrassed.

“Oh- that’s interesting, I’ve never heard about that before. I take it that you’re interested in the culinary arts?” She questioned, sounding interested. When she was talking about things she liked, she would hope the person she was talking to would at least try to appear invested in the conversation. So she wanted to do that for others.

Location; Outside of Faray High
Mentions; GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe
Mood; a little caught off guard, but yk…

ALBERAINE, OF SUMMER
1633268153300.png

LOCATION: Under a cherry blossom tree near the school entrance.
-----

She felt glad, and that a friendship had just started, but she ducked her head up.

She felt she got too immersed in this conversation, swiftly looking to the crowd, which not only grew, but got hard to track. Well, even more hard to track.

Despite this, she still wanted to continue, they had evident time.

"I don't think the pedophile stuff will happen here. This place is like no other. I've never seen such diversity.. it's a bit funny, but I do feel the sense some chaos will ensue."

"Mayhaps the administration is used to dealing with crazy lots, huh?"

She began to look back again, observing the place, far from the groups.

"Speaking of so, I honestly can't tell what's happening. I have no knowledge of what the administration is planning."

She swung around trying to get blind spots to see the very front, to no avail.

Sebastian Sanders

EWs2x98XkAUZL85 (2).jpg

Sebastian agreed with Alberaine, this place does have such variety he has never seen before. It had creatures and races from places all over the world, he felt a bit ecstatic as to what might transpire but he did agree too when Alberaine said she felt some chaos will manifest.

"Yeah, you are right on those parts, maybe we should go and see others and maybe prevent such occurrences, I'm way too in the mood to be ruined by a conflict"

He said with a sigh, already not wanting any bad luck coming and affecting his first day at his new school.

1551319_onegrumpylumpy_soapy-2.pngYilgdammur Kelfnissi
Interaction/Mention: Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe (Arik/Elena) x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X (Nina) thinking thinking (Changeling)

It would seem that the loop of elf jerky was talking.

Yilgda had to shake her head a bit to get the tantalizing image of a dangling ring of roasted elf ears out of her head. It wasn't hard, for despite being a delicacy to some peoples Yilgda found Elf Ears too plentiful to truly be considered a rarity. The only reason some folks considered it fine dining was because it was hard to come across in areas Elf people didn't reside in. Even then, a true chef wouldn't find themselves wanting for such things if they just got the right connections on call.

The Urkadians might have hit the ball with their elf jerky and changeling Eye combo, but Yilgda couldn't really give them credit for much else. What self-respecting chef couldn't easily make a call for elf ears? That would be just embarrassing.

Nevertheless, Yilgda squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head until the dangling elf ears vanished, replaced by the elf girl: Nina.

She'd never heard of the recipes Yilgda had previously listed, immediately cluing her in on just how blissfully unaware her new friend was.

Yilgda glanced to the twins, wondering if they or the Changeling had a better grasp of the overarching cuisine scene. She bet not, in her travels she'd found that most people were utterly region locked in their understanding of true eating. Some Orc in the falklands suddenly decides eating meat and veggies together suddenly makes him a true omnivore. Or some self-righteous wizard thinks just because she can draw on magic instead of having to crack open a can of beans that she's able to 'Eat' magic.

The second Yilgda had even brought up the process of eating a Mage's gut or brain, that Wizard had just laughed. Just goes to show how far general knowledge of Eating went.

But then when Nina asked about her interest in Culinary arts, Yilgda had to give her a quizzical look for a moment before lifting a claw and pointing at herself.

"I kinda have to." Yilgda said before tapping a finger against her own stomach "Abyssal Guardian, if you haven't noticed.... I've been starving ever since I was born."

Waving that finger around, Yilgda looked away briefly to check on the teachers as she spoke, "Since I'm... ya know, not equipped for hunting big meals I sorta got into cooking just so I could try fighting the hunger that way. Didn't really pan out though... so that was a couple years spent on a tasty yet completely hungry lifestyle. I'm practically a five star chef now and can't even feed myself... so that's great."

Raised her hand to point to the ceiling, she sniffled again "But this school's gonna change that. Soon I'll load up on the most lethal spells imaginable and really start hunting."

It was almost ingenious really, Yilgda would pat herself on the back if it wouldn't lead to her stomach waking up and remembering how empty it felt. As small as she was, learning how to rain destruction on whatever she wanted to hunt might even set her up for the biggest catches of an Abyssal guardian of her age. She might be well on her way to becoming the most well-fed Abyssal Gaurdian ever.

Of course, she would grow up and so would her stomach, so eventually she'd outpace her capabilities yet again, but little victories were sorely needed at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back