• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC & FAQ

How many of you are interested in being allowed an ALTERNATE character?

• I want alternate characters allowed.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I don't want alternate characters allowed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S
Created at
Index progress
Complete

OOC
Here
FAQ

Fable

₮ⱧɆ ₥Ɏ₮Ⱨ, ₮ⱧɆ ⱠɆ₲Ɇ₦Đ, ₮ⱧɆ ₣₳฿ⱠɆ
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
SMALLB.png Frequently Asked Questions

How many weaknesses/limitations can we have?
There isn't a set limit on weaknesses. However, take into consideration that should your character be more of a burden than a benefit, they won't last an agent for very long, or may not be approved at all.

Is a character with a mental illness able to apply to be a SMITED agent?
Serious mental illnesses would not allow a PC to be an agent. It's stressful and dangerous enough being an agent. Here at SMITED, mental and physical health is important.

Can I make NPCs to fill my character’s family?
Yes, since they are a part of your character's history, they can exist within the SMITED universe. However, they most likely will not make much of an appearance... unless somehow your PC tries to sneak them on a mission. In that case, bad agent, you are grounded to a desk job for a week.

Is there a uniform?
There is a dress code, basically black tactical gear that fits your race and an armband with the SMITED logo.

Why can’t X race become a vampire?
Certain races are not allowed conversion for a variety of reasons;
  • It can add an element of PC conflict.
  • It prevents players from trying to 'freeze' their character in terms of age and physical appearance.
  • Races may not have compatible biology.
  • Players may try and break the 'no hybrids' rule.
Can my character die?
It is always a possibility. PCs are not immortal and should they choose to do actions that put their lives at risk, they may indeed die. However, PCs can only be killed by NPCs unless an agreement is made between two players where a PC death occurs.

What happens if my character dies?
If your character dies, you may be permitted to create a new character depending on the circumstances of the PC death. The keyword here is may, since if a PC is killed due to inactivity of the player, allowing creation of a new PC that may have to be killed off later would just add more work and slow down the RP.

Do all characters do field work?
Yes.

Are there any deities or demigods?
Yes, there are.

Can my mundane character be turned into a supernatural later through biological or mystical means?
A mundane may be turned into a vampire. As far as other supernatural races, the potential to somehow be changed via mystical means is a possibility, but not a guarantee. So please do not assume and create a human character with the intention to become X race later on.

Can my character be a cursed mundane?
It depends. Why are they cursed? Who or what cursed them? What is the curse? If your PC is cursed with a 'just because they are' as the reason, it will not be accepted.

Can I play a civilian?
No.

Can I play an antagonist?
At this time, no. Should player-run missions come into play, this will be made an option.

Do I list racial abilities on the CS, or is that implied?
Racial abilities are implied.

Why are some NPC images blurred?
To provide some mystery.

Does my character of X race have to believe in Y deity/god?
Not necessarily. Your PC has free will and may believe what you choose for them to believe. However, should your character not fit in the with 'norm' of deity belief, they may find themselves labeled as heathen or heretic.

Can my character believe in a real world religion?
No. Due to the high amount of drama that comes from just discussing religion, allowing it in the RP setting may result in OOC drama.

Can my character believe in a custom god/be in a cult?
Yes, but the custom god/cult must be approved first.

Can I use my own code for my CS?
B-But, I worked so hard on the CS code. T_T Honestly, this is a 'no.' The reason for this is that the code provided is mobile friendly, readability is very important.

Can my character have a magical item/weapon?
It depends, it would be severely limited and have to have a good backstory as to how your character obtained it. Overly powerful magical items/weapons would not be allowed for use.

Can a character forge a magical weapon?
No. As mentioned earlier, currently magical items/weapons are a rarity. For a PC to just be able to forge such an item would make little sense as there are only a few ways for them to be created

Can I create my own custom elf race? How would they age?
If you want a custom elf race, you are welcome to make one as long as it doesn't duplicate or take elements of an already existing one. They would also use the same general age calculator as they are still elves.

Last edited:
Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Kloudy Kloudy Gilzar Gilzar r e i r e i D duegxybus Keidivh Keidivh PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Prince of Corruption Prince of Corruption Nephalem Nephalem ShadowSaber331 ShadowSaber331 @slachance6 Tarmagon Tarmagon Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre VirtualUnity VirtualUnity Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

So, welcome to the SMITED HP! If you've not started working on your CS, I would suggest doing so as delaying it may result in you losing a slot in the rp. If you've already posted one, yay! I know a couple who have posted some custom fae suggestions. On the subject of the custom fae, a new thread ( Custom Fae ) has been posted to help guide and give an idea about creating them if you are interested. Hopefully this clears up some confusion (it's why I call this first grouping the HP Beta, gotta work out those kinks)

So we can't post wips, but we can post completed CS's? Yikes! xD

So we can't post wips, but we can post completed CS's? Yikes! xD
You can post WIPs if you need help in the assistance thread. Yes, you can post completed CSs in the characters subforum. I just really don't want a bunch of WIPs left in the character subforum really. I'd rather just review a completed CS there once rather than having to keep going back to check for edits. X3

You can post WIPs if you need help in the assistance thread. Yes, you can post completed CSs in the characters subforum. I just really don't want a bunch of WIPs left in the character subforum really. I'd rather just review a completed CS there once rather than having to keep going back to check for edits. X3

Fairs xP

Is Portalcraft a viable magic for me to use, or does that violate the "banned magic" rules?
Fable Fable

Depends on how you define it. :3

Portalcraft - The user may create a portal anywhere they have recently seen. This includes undoctered photographs of real places, provided they still exist. The further away a location is, the longer it will take to create a portal there. The edges of any portal will divide physical matter in half.

Portalcraft - The user may create a portal anywhere they have recently seen. This includes undoctered photographs of real places, provided they still exist. The further away a location is, the longer it will take to create a portal there. The edges of any portal will divide physical matter in half.
I'm fine with the concept, but it needs limitations. Allowing a PC access to just portal anywhere can be over powered (recently and photographed). Some limitations such as:

I'd sort of take a page from Nightcrawler where he can only go to places where he knows where he is going, with an additional limiter of distance, such as X distance from the PCs location as well as limited frequency of use and how many persons can move through said portal. So, more of a "blink" but with a portal.

Having a PC be able to just portal away to wherever, whenever they desired, could be abused as an ability (fleeing from a conflict, avoiding the trials of a mission), which is a concern.

"Height: 5'10"

Weight: 145 lbs

Figure/Build: Zeke is taut, muscular, and ripped in his overall body build. He stands generally straight with his shoulders out. His chest is wider than expected."

He's a little light, even for his height, to be all that muscular, wouldn't you say?

"Height: 5'10"

Weight: 145 lbs

Figure/Build: Zeke is taut, muscular, and ripped in his overall body build. He stands generally straight with his shoulders out. His chest is wider than expected."

He's a little light, even for his height, to be all that muscular, wouldn't you say?
I might make him heavier, but not too heavy so his speed is unrealistic.

They generally mean the same in regards, a very lean person will appear ripped.

I'm pretty sure being ripped and muscled is very different from being 'lean' or athletic, which is a more slightly muscled but still rather light body type. I tried to find some sources, but a lot of the sites were really evasive about the question. :/

I'm pretty sure being ripped and muscled is very different from being 'lean' or athletic, which is a more slightly muscled but still rather light body type. I tried to find some sources, but a lot of the sites were really evasive about the question. :/
It probably goes either way. I added ten pounds to make it more realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back