• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Fantasy/Supernatural Interest Check (OPEN)

_GreyJazz_

Back from the dead, maybe
What up, I'm Jazz, I'm 24, and I'm looking to push myself creatively with the advent of the new year. My main objective is to revisit some old ideas I had when I was younger now that I'm older and can execute them better. I hope something among my ideas sparks your interest. I do have a habit of using tabs to organize things, so please check all tabs to see everything.

Housekeeping

• 18+ is preferred, but not required. I don't intend to explore any explicitly adult themes, but I like using my stories and characters as a vector through which I explore emotions. The extent to which I'd be okay with exploring emotions is very different for someone younger vs someone in my age group.
    • I like to have emotional stakes in my RPs. I don't need everything to be some riveting, highly emotional sob-fest where a full spectrum of emotion is experienced in the span of an in-universe hour. I just need to feel connected to the conflict. I can count the number of times this has presented a problem on one hand, but then, this isn't necessarily a list of rules so much as it is me establishing what I want from an RP or in an RP partner.
    • If there's elements of romance, I don't want the story to begin and end with that as the only part of the story. Don't get me wrong, I love a good romantic slice of life as much as the next person, but romance in itself isn't a story. I'm very narratively driven. I want to get wrapped up in exploring problems through the eyes of characters who think differently than me.
    • If I state that a character is an original character, their actions, emotions, and identity are non-negotiable. I'm open to creating new characters, but I don't want to share custody if I make an original character. Don't godmod my characters. I'm more than open to discussing your preferences from me. Just... don't expect me to change existing characters.
    • I'm fine with any response length or speed. I tend to write paragraphs, but I'm also fine with novella style or one-liners. I also don't care if you respond multiple times a day or once every other month. I just hope you communicate outside of the roleplay if you intend to quit. Generally speaking, I am ghost-friendly, though I do try to check in if I feel a lot of time has passed with no indication of if you're okay and the RP is still going.

Stories and Ideas

1. A is a young monster hunter, who has intense hatred for monsters. They expect to always hate monsters, to always be a hunter. Their partner and lover, B, gets turned into a monster one day, leaving A heartbroken and at odds with how to proceed. Do they try to come to terms with their partner's new identity? Do they try to kill their partner? (This could go in any direction, but would probably work best with multiple characters for both parties.)
    2. A is a refugee who teleported to Earth from another dimension. They claim to be from a world not safe to return to, and attempt to blend in with human society. B is a citizen trying to live a normal life who quickly realizes there's something off about A. One thing leads to another, and their fates become entwined when A and B discover that the forces A sought refuge from may have followed A...
    3. A stumbles into a pocket dimension one day. It feels magical and serene. They begin to visit this pocket dimension regularly, and maintain it well, not realizing it may have had an owner before it was abandoned. When they meet B, they don't know who B is, but B quickly recognizes that they've been to the pocket dimension. They form a connection and the mysteries behind the pocket dimension may finally be revealed, though the answers may be darker than anticipated...
    4. A lives entirely in dreams. B is suffering from depression and regularly spends more time asleep than awake. A meets them one night and they slowly become more interested in each other. Why is B sleeping so often? Why is B stuck in the dream world?
    5. A guards the bridge to the underworld. B needs access to the underworld. (I'm gonna leave this one ambiguous.)
    6. A attempts to summon a demon in order to have their wish granted.

I might add more to this later, or I might not. Idk. I don't really have a lot of ideas right now. I'm also open to discussing any plots you may have. I'm also open to fandom RPs, but the only fandoms I'm in that I'd be up to RPing rn are Splatoon or Pokemon.

Woah-- hey i just read through this and idea 4 is something ive always wanted to do with someone i just couldnt find the right person. I already read everything, and i hope i can be up to standards you still up for that or? I have my own interest check but its been dead so i had to go looking♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back