• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

Lately I've been really making an effort to learn how to paint landscapes and backgrounds. I've been gauging my eyes out picking apart brush strokes and techniques used in my favourite artists' work. Fellow artists, any tips you might have would be very much appreciated!

yellll.jpg

Last edited:
Lately I've been really making an effort to learn how to paint landscapes and backgrounds. I've been gauging my eyes out picking apart brush strokes and techniques used in my favourite artists' work. Fellow artists, any tips you might have would be very much appreciated!

I know this is probably common sense to you so if it is, I apologize for the useless advice. Some artists will have their brushes and stuff for free through deviantart, or elsewhere. The other option, I believe is - you can subscribe to their Patreons sometimes and they'll have their brushes there. But I really like this landscape in any case. I think digital artists just kind of get a feel for the brush options eventually. You can also download texture packs for free(I can't remember where). Goodluck! :)

I know this is probably common sense to you so if it is, I apologize for the useless advice. Some artists will have their brushes and stuff for free through deviantart, or elsewhere. The other option, I believe is - you can subscribe to their Patreons sometimes and they'll have their brushes there. But I really like this landscape in any case. I think digital artists just kind of get a feel for the brush options eventually. You can also download texture packs for free(I can't remember where). Goodluck! :)

I have been both downloading and buying brushes left and right, and while I do have some favourites I can't seem to find a specific type I keep seeing (especially in Procreate paintings). Take a look at Vyacheslav Safronov 's paintings, this is in essence what I am actively looking for in terms of brushes.

I have been both downloading and buying brushes left and right, and while I do have some favourites I can't seem to find a specific type I keep seeing (especially in Procreate paintings). Take a look at Vyacheslav Safronov 's paintings, this is in essence what I am actively looking for in terms of brushes.
Borodante on Youtube also may be of some help to you. He has a tutorial on how to make your own brushes - which may give you some more insight as to what settings you would need to adjust to get those sharp and slightly randomized patches.

I will forever wonder how you shade. ;v; Gorgeous- I've never been able to do it!

It’s a long process, maybe I could post a mini tutorial someday ☺️

I'd never dare to ask but if you do feel like helping me with that I would be ever grateful, hah! I have real issues with color picking / brush picking when it comes to soft-shading. :( #>_>#

I'd never dare to ask but if you do feel like helping me with that I would be ever grateful, hah! I have real issues with color picking / brush picking when it comes to soft-shading. :( #>_>#

Of course, you can DM me anytime for questions!

I should have expanded the previous comment by saying that the colors, character pose, and the slight upward camera angle look nice!

Sketch~

I've been gathering inspiration from my current roleplays and turning scenes into color schemes and themes for my paintings. Synesthesia is a gift if you know how to make use of it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels a creative art surge when brainstorming with a partner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back