• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

neoncc.jpg

h e l l o ~

I'm gonna go ahead and utilise this example as a way to show y'all how I make use of references! Sometimes I use references for colour picking, other times for poses and the like, but I rarely if ever try to copy an image entirely.

52365719_337482340308834_1037340223819743232_n.jpg

Last edited:
(slightly modified) Commission for calypso calypso . The the skin tone was originally red, and I played with a green Soft Light layer in PS to give it a more natural hue. (When doing this, be careful around the eyes, mouth and highlights, since the Soft Light layer does throw a tantrum every now and then and translates weird in some places.)

Untitled.png

Can't decide which one I like best, so here's some OG detail

Untitled.png

Last edited:
(slightly modified) Commission for calypso calypso . The the skin tone was originally red, and I played with a green Soft Light layer in PS to give it a more natural hue. (When doing this, be careful around the eyes, mouth and highlights, since the Soft Light layer does throw a tantrum every now and then and translates weird in some places.)

View attachment 541846

Can't decide which one I like best, so here's some OG detail

View attachment 541848
I can't tell the difference between the top and bottom image if there is any but her makeup... mm 👌

Woop! Dragons! Sometimes going through my old art folder makes me nostalgic.

dragon.jpg

PS: I generally cannot draw creatures for the life of me. If anyone knows any good tutorials or knows an artist I could take inspo from, please link it below!

Last edited:
Jaw cooper does amazing animals! I also like ohnonatalie and rusakko_art on insta. And of course old paintings like Monarch of the Glen, but more specifically those artist’s studies of animals.

Jaw cooper does amazing animals! I also like ohnonatalie and rusakko_art on insta. And of course old paintings like Monarch of the Glen, but more specifically those artist’s studies of animals.

I follow Jaw Cooper on insta, huge fan. I wish I could draw traditionally more often, their art is mesmerizing.

peritwinkle peritwinkle I know right! I love their art, definitely one of my favourite artists. I wish I could use gouache like they do.

My gouache is dying in my supplies drawer, slowly. Tried once, realised it wasn't for me. Probably hinting back at the time when I was forced to paint instead of draw, lol

Last edited:
Lovely commission for Early Early , and ~*^*~mini tutorial~*^*~!

Learned a bunch about hands and skin while painting this - mainly that, while dealing with rendering a strange skin color such as red, it is helpful to add a red Soft Light layer over an image with a lot of highlights and shadows (such as that of a hand) and color pick your way out of the situation! I have provided my ref for Lilith's hand down below, which you can also use for hue/color reference.

demoncommff.jpg

Example:

0ddd4bb31930903189c5ce2ceb4416a4.jpg

Why is this image a good choice, you may ask? Because it provides some good color samples and not only flat shadows and highlights, ranging from the different shades of orange and pink in her skin to the grayish hues on the lower side of her hand due to the light source hitting her clothes and then reflecting on the subject. This gives you a rich color palette to work with for the rest of the body as well.

rrr.jpg

Here, I have messily added a red layer over the image to replicate the color of the skin I'm trying to paint. I recommend doing this in sections, since filling the whole image with red would be painfully distracting. I also suggest toying with the opacity a bit, to keep some of the natural shades peeking through.

Hope that was helpful. If y'all have any questions or mini tutorials you'd like me to make in the future, don't hesitate to post here or PM me!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back