• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Fantasy, Sci-Fi, looking for long term RP partners

Ashfeather

Have a great day will ya
I grew up doing text RPs and collaborative writing on online forums. Came here looking to revive that hobby.

About me: I like fantasy, some sci-fi, intriguing worldbuilding and such. I prefer to do free form 1 on 1 RPs. I have a rather tight schedule nowadays, but I can usually send off a few responses per day depending on length. If things get too busy IRL, I'll notify in advance. When it comes to length of posts, it can range from anywhere between 1 to 10 paragraphs depending on my partner, pace, and how much creative brainpower I have left. It'll usually be around 2-6 paragraphs, likely.
I tend to play a wide range of genders/sexualities and ages of characters. Some human, some not human, some rather silly, some serious, you get the point.

Lately I've been interested in playing something along the lines of:

• A long time ago, a cataclysmic event shook the world and ended the golden era of magic – and the golden era of mankind. Since then most of the world is a dangerous wasteland, with pockets of civilization struggling to survive amidst warped monsters and outlaws. Character A is an archaeologist who has set out to help dig out the ruins of a post-cataclysm civilization in search of magical relics. To travel there they go together with a merchant and their crew on an airship, a relic from the old world and one of the best ways to get around safely. Character B is the merchant and captain of the ship. B has less than noble intents for whatever discoveries are made at the excavation site, but does not tell A of this. Once they arrive the characters and the ship’s crew enter the ruins to find old magical relics, or in A’s case, study them and take samples. Something happens while in the ruins and A and B get trapped together in what turns out to be a vast labyrinth from a long gone, magically adept civilization.

Yes, this is basically magical post-apocalyptic Indiana Jones. I’d like to play B in this scenario.
  • Some good ol' fashioned vampires or modern fantasy stuff. Demons and mythological creatures in a modern world. Would need brainstorming. Something along the lines of a supernatural being X human, or just supernatural being X supernatural being.
  • (Cyberpunk 2077 got me all hyped. No scenario yet, but if you're interested we'll brainstorm something cool)
Fandoms I'd consider RP:ing are:
  • Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere (anything involving Warbreaker, Stormlight, or Wax and Wayne era Mistborn.)
  • WoW
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy (I can barely remember it, but I loved the setting)
That's about it. Throw me a cool world, setting, prompt, pairing of characters, anything with Sci-fi or Fantasy flavor, and I'll likely be interested. Or, if you are interested, reply here and we'll brainstorm something that suits us both and see how it works out. I prefer RP:ing with people who are 20+ (because I feel weird and ancient otherwise).

Romance is not a requirement, and I prefer to let it happen 'naturally' between characters if there is any.
That doesn't mean I'm ice cold though. I love me some good IC banter and romantic tension as long as it's not the only focus. Anime stuff is also something I don't really do.

Last edited:
Hello! After some technical life-difficulties, I return like 1 week after (yikes, this is gonna look bad on my resume) If you're still around and still interested, what would you be interested in specifically?

Last edited:
Bump for update with some changes and scenarios, also a new fancy title to catch people's eyes.

Good Morning (or afternoon/evening where ever you might be) Ashfeather Ashfeather ^.^

I'm looking for one more partner to start up something and your plots have certainly caught my attention. I would certainly love your post-apocalyptic plot, but can also be interested in the other two non-fandom interest snippets you posted too. I'll give you a little bit of information about me, and maybe we can see if we're a good fit for one another?
  • I am 21, I will be 22 in November.
  • I really try to have the best literacy and grammar possible. I check my posts for spelling, reread them for accuracy. That being said, I sometimes miss some things; I'm human, but try really hard and feel bad when I go back months later to reread something and realize that I've goofed on some grammar and what I put made no sense. For that reason, I proof like a madwoman
  • I am flexible with my roles. I can play male or female and any pairing. My preference is a female character, but we can deffinitely discuss.
  • I'm not usually active everyday unless I have a reason to be (a super active partner, etc.). I do have to be honest about that. Right now I'm coming back from a little bit of a hiatus. I have a few incredibly long-standing partners. This lil baby has been going since 2015. The posts are a little massive and my partner have become great friends so there's a little more space between the posts. I actually came back when he got me a reply and I realized how much I missed roleplaying consistently. That being said. A little while ago I started a roleplay with a new partner and they 100% ghosted me on the thing. So now I'm looking to start another longer-standing partner now that I'm back so that I (hopefully) don't have to worry about being ghosted. I've finally lost the bad taste in my mouth over it. That being said, I am 100% dedicated to being as consistent as I can. My replies won't be weeks at a time unless I am just completely swamped. I'll be sure the let you know though if that happens.
  • I love to chat with my partners ^.^ I have discord or we could just have an OOC chat. I mean some of my best friends have come from roleplaying partners.
  • I do pretty formatting things, but I don't want you to feel pressured into doing it. I have fun with the coding aspect and stuff. That being said, I won't waste your time trying to style up my stuff when you're waiting on me. That's not cool. Additionally, I sometimes pair musical selections with my posts; it is something my old partner got me into. If you don't like/want that just let me know. Not a neccesity; it is just something I've grown to do.
  • I love slow burn romance. I'm not super into 'love-at-first-sight'. Just my preference.I like to see how the characters develop around one another, working together to work through problems and grow with each other before they're romantically involved.
  • If you've looked at the reference up above (and I guess this pm too lol) I can sometimes be long winded. I have lots of things going through my head so sometimes I can write a lot ^.^ I'm not really a one-liner back and forth roleplayer. That being said, I prefer quality over quantity so the length is just whatever I feel like and am wanting.
  • I 100% prefer roleplaying over Threads. I don't do discord roleplays, and I feel like PMs seem a little weird to roleplay in for me.

Anywho, hopefully I haven't frightened you away. Just let me know if you think we'd be a good fit. :3 I am hoping off to get ready to see The Incredibles 2, but I'll be available via my phone for a bit if you'd like to discuss further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back