• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fantasy RP

Hiya

Sorry I was making dinner! Did you wanna go first or did you want me to go first? or did you wanna do character sheets?

Actually can you post your character sheet?

name: Aubrey. Bree for short
age: 150 (pretty young for a vampire so he doesn't have too much life experience.)
powers: (dependent on the blood he feeds on. He usually drinks animal blood so he's usually weak, as weak as a human. When he gets starved he can become weaker than a human. When his survival instinct kicks in he can get stronger)
During a full moon it also increases his strength and supernatural senses.
He is immortal and he can have regenerative abilities along with turning invisible in the dark or shadows.
looks:

Last edited:
Name: originally Aramina but she just goes by Mina nowadays

Age: roughly 8 centuries, she stopped keeping track after a while, as she is immortal but still not as old as some

Powers: many things, depending on her resources , but mainly herbal/potion magic, some spoken, some predictive

Looks:

Last edited:
What does your character like? Also did you want them to know right off the bat about each other's supernatural nature?

I would love for them to not know. Well she probably wouldn't know about him at first definitely. And he wouldn't be able to tell about her since most of his powers are suppressed.

Aubrey's stomach growled and he groaned. Damn these synthetic blood packs. They always seem to metabolize quickly. he thought as he grabbed another one. He grabbed a plastic container. It was like those on the go juice packs for kids, except it was a solid black. He opened it and the smell hit him. Like salt, and paint thinner. He wrinkled his nose and gulped it down, hoping it'd enter his stomach quicker. Still can't avoid that godawful flavor. It was supposed to be labeled steak flavored but instead it tasted like plastic. Actually they all tasted like plastic. What should I do today? Oh yeah.. I need to research my project he thought. He had just got an inkling for a potential business, even if it was for his own personal enjoyment. He sighed before getting up as the couch puffed up a bit at the weight's release. Whistling as he grabbed his keys he slammed the door and locked it. He owned two cars. One was a sea green 1956 chevy in mint condition which had been stored in the garage, the other was his faithful yellow tacoma out in the driveway. He took the tacoma. The blue whale squishy greeted him as he entered the car. It was attached to the mirror and it swayed as he drove out of the driveway and onto the road. It was quite a busy day in Seattle but he managed to make good time. He finally got to the Samuel A. library.

Aubrey looked around the creaky building. The pillars continued to stretch upwards along with the horizontal rows of books. The musty smell of dust and history mingled here. Books. Chemical ones. He found an intro to alchemy and an intro to chemistry and the various reactions. He ran his hand along the weathered spines before carefully removing them and stacking them on top of each other.

Alright, sorry that took so long, I usually don’t write this much.

Mina had woken up early, as usual, and had her cup of tea. She had continued to normal routine, almost excited at the prospect of a boring, average day. She had learned to cherish them. She walked the few blocks to the library, and began opening up. This included ensuring all of the old lights had properly turned on, sweeping and taking out the bins, and finally unlocking the doors for good.

And no one came. She was always a bit disappointed that this generation didn’t seem to treasure knowledge as much as some previous, but she also enjoyed being alone with the books. And most of the time she kept herself busy, whether it was cleaning or sorting or ordering, or even sitting down to read a bit, she always found something to do. She looked up as she heard someone enter, and murmured a quiet,”Welcome.”

She followed him. He was decent looking, and she always liked to know what people were interested in. She was surprised that he went straight for intro books, as he looked about college aged and would be far past those.

((it's 2 in the afternoon here and I had an interview and I'm about to go to lunch with my so's family so I'll definitely be posting after that :D))

He hadn't even noticed the redhead following him until he heard footsteps stop just a little bit away from him. He looked towards her and gave her a tense smile. "Just brushing up on some subjects for recreational use." He held the books up to emphasize his point. "Ah... Do you work here? What kind of books would you recommend? They don't have to be in the same genre that I'm looking at. I'm open to suggestions. I found myself with a lot of free time lately." He waited and looked around the library. Empty... he thought. "People don't seem to read much these days from actual books. Is it always this busy? There's so much knowledge here." Aubrey shook his head and tsked. "All they use is the internet."

((That’s fine, that’s still a lot lol))

Mina was a bit surprised when he looked up, though she wasn’t really intentionally sneaking around, she just tended to not want to disrupt the muted silence. She smiled back slightly and nodded in understanding, hoping she hadn’t creeped him out.”I do work here. I personally like history, or chemistry. Or I always find learning a new language is useful.” She sighed softly at his next comment.” Sadly. I don’t understand it. I could never replace simple books.” She looked around, almost nostalgically, before realizing that she might sound suspicious, so she looked back at him.” Anyways, did you need any help?”

"Chemistry would be helpful. I'm trying to start a business" he fingers fiddled with the edges of his jacket. "How much do you know about it? I didn't exactly go to college. I didn't have money to afford it." He looked around for faces before remembering it was empty. Aubrey still chose to take precautions and lowered his voice. "I'm researching drugs. How suppressors and enhancers interact. I don't know if you'd know but I heard that they can be lethal for some. For other with a high tolerance they can be... recreational." He carefully scanned her face looking for her reaction that would betray her thoughts.

((Sorry I got busy yesterday))

Mina nodded slightly,” I would like to think I know quite a bit about it. I have attended college.” ... multiple times. She grew a bit suspicious as he looked around. However, she relaxed a bit again. Throughout her years she had heard of much worse than recreational drug use. She almost wanted to laugh, but that would probably be odd.” Okay. What type of drugs?””

"Currently I don't know. I don't know about you but I believe in supernatural things. Like vampires." he let out a nervous laugh. "I know it's unusual but I can't believe they died out. Much like I don't think the salem witch trials really rid the world of witches. They could exist in the world." he bit his lip as he continued. "I'm wondering about the scientific accuracy of the myths. If vampires were real would they have acidic blood? It's a strange subject to be interested in for sure" he paused unsure if he should continue. Will she be suspicious? he thought. "I've read blogs though! That supernatural creatures exist. Conspiracy theories and all."

Mina nodded along. She always found these conspiracies funny, knowing the humans who made them were usually so close. However, any time they were brought up she usually said she didn’t believe. For some reason, she felt like taking a bit of a chance. Maybe she was a bit bored.” I agree, and I’m glad you aren’t just throwing out random crazy theories. I think we could learn a lot from these mythological creatures.”

"To some they are crazy." He looked down at the books, "I wonder what the legends have to say for vampires and science though. Also witches. Do they use science? Magic? Both? It may sound crazy but I believe in them, and I'm trying to track one down because I think they could assist me in academics." He shrugged with a sheepishly look on his face. "Honestly most of the people that responded were frauds but I only have one more listing to look into left. It's worth a shot."

Mina hummed lightly, weighing her choices in her head. If she came out and told them, who knows what would happen, who would find out. But maybe it would go good, and magical beings could be open about themselves. But then she had a brilliant idea.” What if I could get you in contact with a woman who I believe to be a witch?” She suggested. This was the perfect way to test out the waters. And if it went well, she could reveal it all to him.

(Whoops didn't see this)
His eyebrows raised. "You know someone? That could be helpful. I'm coming up with some sort of serum, on magical beings and I thought maybe a witch could put test the magical properties of it." He also knew witches had a depth of knowledge. They were the librarians of the supernatural world, the barrier between humans and creatures. "Would you like to meet at a coffee shop tomorrow at 11? You should bring her along if she's free. My problem is a possible substitution of blood for vampires. There's a market for it. There's already been rumors about some drugs that make them more like the legends - superhuman strength, heightened sense of smell, and of course an intense craving for blood."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back