• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FANTASY ROLEPLAY WITH VOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sgtmickey

Two Thousand Club
I'm a voice actor and I've been training for something like this for a while! Someone else has suggested a voice rp and it sparked so many ideas!!!! I'm thinking of tons great characters blooming from this! Romantic roleplaying can mean so much more as well. Battle roleplays are going to be much more intense! Here are a few characters that I created for a roleplay done with voices, just to try and get people pumped because of their overall weirdness

Pick one you'd like to have in a voice rp! MAKE IDEAS!!!

Offense

Name: Mintwing

A small warrior hummingbird, by far the fastest of all the party members. Small but mighty, able to shoot energy blasts out of his beak. He can also control the wind to aid his team mates, he is also able to dodge bullets because of how fast he is. The downside is that he's very small and it doesn't take too much to down him if he DOES get hit.

Name: W.I.L.

An alien police man who protects our galaxy from any major anomalies ( He comes from the White Hole. Intergalactic, Lunar Division ) When that has sensed a great disturbance in the fo- I mean on our planet, he rushed over in hopes to get rid of it before this unfortunate planet we lived on is destroyed. He has futuristic technology like laser blasters, although they're a bit more bulky than Loony Tunes would have you believe, and he might not be able to fly but he can float slowly to the ground using telekinesis. He also holds a strength booster which when sounded will make his team mates much stronger. He is defensive so he's hard to take out, but his armor weighs him down to where he's kind of slow. He also comes equipped with a shovel to hit people with. It's just a shovel.....he likes it so.....

Name: Ro

A very strong dragon that has lost the ability to speak but is able to shoot powerful streams of fire and can even deflect projectiles with his powerful roar. Unlike most other dragons he lacks the ability to fly. Because of him being mute,

Defense

Name: Slackjaw

A zombie dog, he’s from an older age when circuses were the main hub for entertainment. All of this changed when some sort of strange meteor hit and transformed this world into what it is. He is a remnant from days gone by. He was trained well and extremely acrobatic, he still retains some of his old tricks like juggling and slapstick act. Although now instead of juggling balls he’s juggling grenades and instead of hitting people with a fake mallet now it’s ….well…..real.

Name: Joseph

A large stone golem who isn't the smartest guy in the world but he's super nice. He is by far the slowest of all the party members but he has the best defenses and a major damage dealer. He can fire small rocks at his enemies at a very fast rate. He is also a great cook. He's got the strongest hand to hand combat out of any character also.

Name: Otto

From the dawn of the steampunk era that was the earliest form of battle/guide androids but he's smart and knows alot about the world. He can spawn turrets, healing stations and is able to teleport both himself and his friends.

Support

Name: Chill

The Penguin Healer, as his name suggests he heals his team mates in a matter of seconds with his magical abilities. He can bring one back to life but it takes a long time to accomplish this feat. He can charge up energy in his body and turn him and one team mate completely impervious to harm and must stronger but only for a minute. His offensive capabilities are lackluster as he can only shoot small icicles which do very little damage.

Name: Robin

The cool guy of the group, he's good at shooting dudes from a distance but it's harder when it comes to close combat. It takes him a while to charge up the electricity in the arrow so the longer the charge the stronger the arrow. He can also lower enemy defenses with his static orbs that he throws, it makes them much weaker so our attacks do much more damage.

Name: Sparkle

Unicorn assassin, he is suave but deadly if not taken seriously, he can sneak around in the shadows and kill anyone who dares cross him. He's a master of deceit, he can melt into the ground and become a shadow or just plain invisible, he can disguise himself as any of his enemies to throw them off. He's also a grade-A hacker and is able to shut down enemyrd systems with ease. His stealth may be unmatched but so are his offensive capabilities, that horn isn't just for show, he'll stab you in the back literally with that thing. It's coated in some sort of strange liquid which can kill instantly if done specifically in the back, from the front it's practically useless. He's got a weakness to fire as he's unable to hide when lit since he's glowing and....on fire...

Last edited by a moderator:
A role play with voice acting. Sound interesting but, how do we do that? 

Also, you might wanna try spacing your post a bit. It's kinda hard to read your wall of text.

A role play with voice acting. Sound interesting but, how do we do that? 

Also, you might wanna try spacing your post a bit. It's kinda hard to read your wall of text.

Ehhh, it didn't look like that before the weird layout change! xD   It had actual spacing I swear!

So how would the system work? Kinda like a d&d table top situation i assume.

I could see it happening... I have done something similar to this on roll 20 with a game my friend made called "Peril"

Any of you guys heard of Thrilling Intent? That's kinda what the idea reminded me of, so it'd work out pretty well, probably

@Past Paradise Tears @BELL @Jeda Teq @Freshpanda88  

Alright, I checked out some of that Thrilling intent thing...it's cool and very close to what I think we'd be aiming for!  I was thinking we should just type out our actions and just talk the dialogue as hearing, " I punched the monster in the face " might get in the way of the voices in the roleplay.  Is there any other ideas you guys got?

@Past Paradise Tears @BELL @Jeda Teq @Freshpanda88  

Alright, I checked out some of that Thrilling intent thing...it's cool and very close to what I think we'd be aiming for!  I was thinking we should just type out our actions and just talk the dialogue as hearing, " I punched the monster in the face " might get in the way of the voices in the roleplay.  Is there any other ideas you guys got?

I'd request a bit of a better explanation on the whole plan/idea of this thing

Kinda like D&D, but with better voice acting, maybe? @sgtmickey what did you have in mind?

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that I didn't get your whole post when I said that. If we typed our actions, it would make it harder to make quick decisions to regret later. I'm thinking of people on mobile devices, though I'm not too familiar with discord, if we'll be using that, and so I don't know if it'll work on those.

@Past Paradise Tears Dungeons and Dragons. It's considered by many to be the best roleplaying game, and it's been around for a while. You make your characters and speak your way through a quest with a game master (GM) deciding how your actions turn out. Usually there's dice involved, deciding how well you did.

@Past Paradise Tears Dungeons and Dragons. It's considered by many to be the best roleplaying game, and it's been around for a while. You make your characters and speak your way through a quest with a game master (GM) deciding how your actions turn out. Usually there's dice involved, deciding how well you did.

I see. Games like that don't exist in my country without being bought online.

Kinda like D&D, but with better voice acting, maybe? @sgtmickey what did you have in mind?

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that I didn't get your whole post when I said that. If we typed our actions, it would make it harder to make quick decisions to regret later. I'm thinking of people on mobile devices, though I'm not too familiar with discord, if we'll be using that, and so I don't know if it'll work on those.

Discord has a mobile version of the App. I haven't used it on mobile myself.

I was thinking they couple voice their actions as a storyteller might, "Otto tries to get up, and regrets it as he collapses to the ground, his own wrech firmly lodged in his gut." That'd be fun to say. °^°

That would be a fun thing to do... I think we'll have to do it, and refine it as we go along.

The thing is it'd be a bit time consuming so there would have to be a schedule so every can jump in.

I would be kinda interested in this. I want to get better at "speaking as my character" 'cause I play Pathfinder. xD

@Tanelorn @Jeda Teq @BELL

@Past Paradise Tears 

Now everyone!  Us five shall be the people to operate the very first voice roleplay on RP nation! :3

Now that were all familiar with the concept!  I think it's time we get down to specifics!  So the plot of this roleplay in particular is that we're all team members of our self funded bounty hunter service.  So we all live together inside of a pretty standard facility for people to come in and ask if they can be hired into our ranks or pay us to do a job, in our case, getting rid of baddies.  To take advantage of the whole voiceover thing, we'll be taking care of a LOT of different creatures and criminals that get in our way.  So in order for the roleplay to progress in a sense, we will have an over arching villain and we work our way up to getting rid of him.  

You should all create your own character(s) and a charming voice that'll be easy on the ears.

DONT WORRY ABOUT MIC QUALITY!!!!  Sorry, just have to say that so we can attract as many people as possible into the Rp!  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them

Sounds fun, I'm in. Should we save our character descriptions for the voice acting thing? 

@Tanelorn @Jeda Teq @BELL

@Past Paradise Tears 

Now everyone!  Us five shall be the people to operate the very first voice roleplay on RP nation! :3

Now that were all familiar with the concept!  I think it's time we get down to specifics!  So the plot of this roleplay in particular is that we're all team members of our self funded bounty hunter service.  So we all live together inside of a pretty standard facility for people to come in and ask if they can be hired into our ranks or pay us to do a job, in our case, getting rid of baddies.  To take advantage of the whole voiceover thing, we'll be taking care of a LOT of different creatures and criminals that get in our way.  So in order for the roleplay to progress in a sense, we will have an over arching villain and we work our way up to getting rid of him.  

You should all create your own character(s) and a charming voice that'll be easy on the ears.

DONT WORRY ABOUT MIC QUALITY!!!!  Sorry, just have to say that so we can attract as many people as possible into the Rp!  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them

I might be out. Idk how comfortable I am with it (but it is interesting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back